Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

TTMM plan

We are going on our first DLR trip in December (yep, the busy time!)
My DS was too little to remember when I took him thru Mickey and Minnie's houses in TT at WDW, and I never managed to get my DD to their houses in TT at WDW before they closed it, so I want to make sure we go while we are at DLR. So I am planning on going on Saturday 12/22. We are staying on-site, so the plan is to do Fantasyland during EMH 7-8, and then head over to TT for TTMM 8-9. What is the best plan of attack for the order to do things in? We would definately want to see the Big Cheese at his house, and see Minnie's house too (although, we have bkfst with Minnie at Plaza Inn a little later that morning, but want to see her house!) My DD is a big fan of Pluto and my DS is a fan of Goofy (about the only character he still gets excited about, because he is now "too cool" for such childish things....) I know we will see them at other character meals, but I think it would be fun to see their houses. And have to do Roger Rabbit spin, since they don't have it at WDW (and probably do Gadget's Go Coaster while we are there). Would also like to see the little show I've read about, since we will be there anyway. And I've seen lots of cute pictures with various props around TT that I would like to get the kids with (of course we could come back later for pictures) But have to be at bkfst before 10, so need to get through TT by say 9:30. What order would you recommend (and how much can we reasonably see)?
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

tylerandalexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

It's been a few years since we last did this, so things may have changed, but for that morning a lot of the characters are just out in the street for autographs & pictures (after their little show). I would get some autographs, do Gadgets, probably walk through Mickey & Minnie's house. You could go through Chip & Dale's Treehouse, Donald's Boat & Goofy's house - there isn't much to see in those (IMO) so they should go quickly. Then RR. If you have time explore the area better or you can come back for that. Make sure to get a picture in Mickey's car when you leave his house!

We are going next week and doing this, so I can update how it goes for us when we get back, if you'd like?

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH), Oct. '14 (DLH), Nov. '14 (GCH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12
DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
tylerandalexsmom

That would be great! I am trying to figure out the timing, since we will be there at such a crowded time, and have never been to DLR before (have been to WDW at Christmas, so we know what to expect there). And want to make sure we get in all the things that aren't at WDW! Some things I've read about TTMM sound like it's so crowded you can hardly even get in, and other things I've read about TTMM make it sound like it's a great time to see characters because hardly anyone uses it.... Just trying to get my game plan going so we can make the most of our time!

Thanks! Anyone else have suggestions?
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom
That would be great! I am trying to figure out the timing, since we will be there at such a crowded time, and have never been to DLR before (have been to WDW at Christmas, so we know what to expect there). And want to make sure we get in all the things that aren't at WDW! Some things I've read about TTMM sound like it's so crowded you can hardly even get in, and other things I've read about TTMM make it sound like it's a great time to see characters because hardly anyone uses it.... Just trying to get my game plan going so we can make the most of our time!

Thanks! Anyone else have suggestions?
We did during Christmas time when we did do it the past and I don't remember it being bad. But I'll be sure to report back when I get home!

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH), Oct. '14 (DLH), Nov. '14 (GCH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12
DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
coaches24
DIS Veteran

We have done this twice, the last time was this past May.

The characters are out on the TT streets doing meet n greets at the very beginning and then about 15 or 20 min in they go get ready for the show. Then after the show they all come back out and go to their normal meeting spots for more meet n greet time. If you left at 9:30 you would miss most of if not all of the show (which isnt anything special but its fun for the kids) and wouldnt have a chance to meet any characters you may have missed at the very beginning.

Our first time doing this Our DD was 2 and Minnie fell in love with her immediately. We have pics and video of Minnie holding DDs hand and guiding her around TT showing her all the different buttons and such. Then Minnie led us over to the tables and set us up in front to watch the show. It was great.

It wasnt crowded the two times we have gone but we went in less crowded times as well (Jan and may) so cant really use that to gauge how it will be when you go.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #6
disneyfan4ever54
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaches24 View Post
We have done this twice, the last time was this past May.

The characters are out on the TT streets doing meet n greets at the very beginning and then about 15 or 20 min in they go get ready for the show. Then after the show they all come back out and go to their normal meeting spots for more meet n greet time. If you left at 9:30 you would miss most of if not all of the show (which isnt anything special but its fun for the kids) and wouldnt have a chance to meet any characters you may have missed at the very beginning.

Our first time doing this Our DD was 2 and Minnie fell in love with her immediately. We have pics and video of Minnie holding DDs hand and guiding her around TT showing her all the different buttons and such. Then Minnie led us over to the tables and set us up in front to watch the show. It was great.

It wasnt crowded the two times we have gone but we went in less crowded times as well (Jan and may) so cant really use that to gauge how it will be when you go.
Maybe I'm not following this correctly , but if TTMM starts at 8:00 on that day (as the OP mentioned), and they need to leave by 9:30, why would she miss the show or meeting the characters after the show?
disneyfan4ever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan4ever54 View Post
Maybe I'm not following this correctly , but if TTMM starts at 8:00 on that day (as the OP mentioned), and they need to leave by 9:30, why would she miss the show or meeting the characters after the show?
Sorry I was thinking it started at 9. If it starts at 8 they will be fine time wise. No worries.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
tylerandalexsmom

Thanks for the clarification! I am right in thinking that if the regular park opening that day is at 8, then TT would normally open at 9, so TTMM would start at 8, right? I can't really find much about it on the website, and it's not on the park hours schedule, so I just want to make sure I am planning correctly

Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
Thanks for the clarification! I am right in thinking that if the regular park opening that day is at 8, then TT would normally open at 9, so TTMM would start at 8, right? I can't really find much about it on the website, and it's not on the park hours schedule, so I just want to make sure I am planning correctly
yes that is correct. TTMM starts an hour before TT officially opens.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
bakerudall
Real Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaches24 View Post
It is good to know that the ceremony doesn't start right away, so there is no need to rush from FL at the end of a magic morning to make it to the show on time.
bakerudall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerudall View Post
It is good to know that the ceremony doesn't start right away, so there is no need to rush from FL at the end of a magic morning to make it to the show on time.
yep that's what we did the first time we went with DD. We were DL newbies and didn't know the difference between MM and TTMM. We thought they were the same and tried to use our TTMM vouchers to get into the MM. Thats when the CM explained how it worked. So we went around and did rides for an hour and headed to TT as DL opened to everyone. It worked out fine thank goodness. Last trip we chose to do TTMM on a non MM day. Just made us feel like things were broken up more and not jammed into one day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: