Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug

Restoring your phone back to IOS5 will not bring back your contacts.
What a restore does is return everything back to factory settings. Another words it will all be gone...songs, photos, videos.
Usually you should do a back up before installing new software.
Newbie question...how do I do a back up? Sorry if that is a really stupid question.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #17
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

I haven't updated it because I've heard a lot of bad things about it. I have friends with the same complaints about battery life not lasting as long and their phone freezing. I have great battery life, so I don't want to do anything to mess that up.

Also, aesthetically, it isn't as nice. It doesn't appear as friendly, which is what was so appealing about the iPhone.

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
Newbie question...how do I do a back up? Sorry if that is a really stupid question.
Everytime you sync with iTunes it backs it up UNLESS you are backing up to iCloud (phone setting). I do both just to be extra careful. To back up to iCloud go to Settings/iCloud/Storage & Backup/ and turn iCloud storage on. It will automatically backup next time you charge your iPhone, it's locked and it's connected to WiFi. If you do that and still want to back up to your itunes, just toggle that off next time you sync and it will make a back up there as well.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #19
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
Everytime you sync with iTunes it backs it up UNLESS you are backing up to iCloud (phone setting). I do both just to be extra careful. To back up to iCloud go to Settings/iCloud/Storage & Backup/ and turn iCloud storage on. It will automatically backup next time you charge your iPhone, it's locked and it's connected to WiFi. If you do that and still want to back up to your itunes, just toggle that off next time you sync and it will make a back up there as well.
Thanks. I already have all the iCloud stuff turned on.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #20
clm10308
DIS Veteran

I have had problems with previous updates, so now I always wait a couple of weeks before I install the update to let everyone else work the bugs out
clm10308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #21
bdoyledimou
Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in the 60's

you can ONLY downgrade to a previous version if you have jailbroken your phone and stored the shsh blobs for the version that you want to downgrade to, except in a very brief window while Apple signs both the last an the updated version -- a window usually less than 30 hours long.

If only for this reason, i would jailbreak my phone.

Also note that the 3GS does support icloud as well -- as long as you upgraded to OS 5.0.
14th Trip with our Foster Kids!
bdoyledimou is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: