Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #16
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

I've never had issues with any of our neighbors thank goodness. But when I was a kid the lady across the street came over and complained about our dog barking at night. Inside our house. She said she liked to sleep with her window open and it bothered her.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

I have somthing a bit worse-2 neighbors feuding (one called police instead of dealing with other neighbor directly)...so the pissed off neighbor extended their wood 7' privacy fence another 15 feet-into their front lawn area so they never have to set eyes on neighbor's house or them in front yard
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #18
Rylee
DIS Veteran

Both houses on either side of DH's Aunt's house were for sale and had "For Sale" signs in their yard. I told Auntie she should put a sign in her yard that read... "Was it something I said?" (I had seen that written somewhere years ago.)

&

Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #19
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

I have a crazy neighbor and try to give her a wide berth, limiting contact to a polite wave. Wasn't too happy a few months ago when I found out she turned her home into a boarding house for income. Checked with the HOA who said it wasn't allowed but before I needed to turn her in she had a big fight with one of her tenants...police called and everything. After that boarders didn't seem like such a hot idea I guess. Thankfully.

The neighbors across the street moved in new and befriended her. A few months later they were on the outs and the new neighbor felt terrible about it. At that point I let her know that we all (the rest of the street) knew she was crazy and not to take the turn of events personally. Maybe I should have warned her first, but it's hard to know when to say something like that!

Last edited by dis-happy; 09-25-2012 at 07:51 PM.
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #20
Topper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis-happy View Post
there's a website dedicated to passive aggressive notes which might be a good place to post them!
http://www.*******************.com/
That website is NSFW and definitely NOT family friendly.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #21
LittleMissMagic
Disney Clemson Girl

That's crazy! (And kinda funny, especially since you aren't involved.)

We live on the lake, and some of our neighbors put up, "Slow, No Wake" signs on their docks, which we thought was completely stupid. Most everyone would put out on their boats to the end of the cove, then go fast. But it's a large cove that's popular for wakeboarders and skiers. After the signs, my Dad started speeding by their docks just to annoy them. Yeah... we're those neighbors.
LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #22
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topper View Post
That website is NSFW and definitely NOT family friendly.

Oops, so sorry. I've only been on a few times and what I read was pretty tame, more humorous than anything.
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosFriend View Post
Anyone ever have neighbors both put signs in their yards making a negative comment about the other? We have this going on right now. I just can't imagine that either will give up and we may have to look at the signs for some time to come.. I don't blame the house that put the first one up. The one neighbor is CRAZY. She talks to no one unless she has a complaint, then usually just calls the police or DFS.
OP, watch and read this article.

I just saw this on a recent DATELINE or 20/20. Its very interesting.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...-with-felonies

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #24
Jaya
DIS Veteran

We had a next-door neighbor years ago who was on the outs with everyone in a two-block radius. EVERYBODY had had a run-in with him at one time or another.
We went on vacation once for a week and while we were gone, somebody spray-painted obscenities on the side of his house. Of course, he told the police it MUST have been us. It was a small town and the police asked everyone going on vacation to let them know so they could keep an eye on your house. Since we had registered our vacation with the police, they told him it couldn't have been us. He then said we must have HIRED someone to do it while we were gone. The cops told him if they had to go interview everyone in the neighborhood who disliked him, they wouldn't have time to do anything else, so please go away and stop bothering them. I could go on and on the things he had done to people and accused people of doing, but the craziest thing he did was paint a "no-parking" zone on the street in front of his house, so nobody could park there (now, mind you, this was a public street and anyone could legally park anywhere they wanted as long as it wasn't blocking a driveway). The town made him sand-blast the paint off the street and he was furious!
Jaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #25
Miranda Danda
DIS Veteran

Yikes! No signs, but down our road a guy hung about 30 fake owls with glowing eyes on a tree in his yard. The tree (and the owls) loom over the fence and glare into his neighbor's yard. For whatever reason, they are feuding.

Everytime I see the glowing eyed owls I literally laugh out loud.

DH32~Kevin, Me~Miranda, DD5~Jubilee
Miranda Danda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #26
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Man, compared to you guys, I have really dull neighbors.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #27
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

At my moms we had one down the street. She was in and out of the mental hospital. One of her fellow neighbors would take her (very sweet of them).

She randomly planted random trees all over, bushes. Would mow random sections of the yard. Was always talking to herself etc!

The people who live across from my moms now are just annoying and trashy! They live toys and everything out in their front yard. Have loud, annoying trucks that they park BEHIND our driveway which is a massive hill. Then they have friends come over and park on either side of the drive too, so you can't get out!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #28
kangareaux
I'm going to attribute it to aging....yeah, tht's it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic View Post
That's crazy! (And kinda funny, especially since you aren't involved.)

We live on the lake, and some of our neighbors put up, "Slow, No Wake" signs on their docks, which we thought was completely stupid. Most everyone would put out on their boats to the end of the cove, then go fast. But it's a large cove that's popular for wakeboarders and skiers. After the signs, my Dad started speeding by their docks just to annoy them. Yeah... we're those neighbors.

I grew up on the water. I would think the signs were meant for those who didn't have sense enough to drive safely and sanely NEAR THE DOCK. That's what ours were for. Speeding by the dock causes large waves that cause the shoreline to wash out quicker. It's a big hassle that leads to a huge expense for the homeowner trying to maintain his land, dock, and seawall. It amazes me that people don't understand this. (For non-water people...It's similar to someone on land parking in your yard occasionally. It doesn't show damage if done once, but over time it's going to destroy things and cost you money.)

Nobody we knew with a no wake sign expected people to idle over the whole lake. (And for the record, we didn't have a sign, but there were penty around. It's a common thing to see on the water.) It sounds like people like your Dad might be the reason he put the signs out in the first place.

ETA: A No Wake sign on your dock isn't in the same league with neighbors with dueling yard signs. It's a common thing. I think when you can buy a sign premade at most any boat store it's kind of normal.

http://victorystore00.stores.yahoo.net/nowakesigns.html

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kangareaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #29
Social Worker Sue
Mouseketeer

Reading all of these makes me appreciate my HOA. I will no longer complain that I can't use multi-colored Christmas lights
Social Worker Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #30
DISvirgin1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosFriend View Post
Anyone ever have neighbors both put signs in their yards making a negative comment about the other? We have this going on right now. I just can't imagine that either will give up and we may have to look at the signs for some time to come.. I don't blame the house that put the first one up. The one neighbor is CRAZY. She talks to no one unless she has a complaint, then usually just calls the police or DFS.
Eh, as crazy as the one neighbor sounds, the other neighbor should never have put up a sign. If you ignore the "cray cray's" they tend to move on.
My sister's first house was priced so low because the people who owned it had a fued with the next door neighbors. It had gotten so bad that they (people selling the house) turned off their phone service and went to cell phones which they would not give out to anyone (this was way before this was common) When they moved out they wouldn't tell anyone where they were going and had police there so the neighbors wouldn't follow them (which they tried to do )
The neighbors on the other side (who my sister is still friends with today even though she has moved out of state) made it clear that the people who sold my sister the house could have ended all of it had they just ignored the people and not fed into the crazy.
February 2011 First Visit - LBV Best Western
DISvirgin1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: