Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Just really disappointed.

I have been working on a very nice anniversary weekend for DH and I. I had a specific place we wanted to stay. It is a small place. They always have specials.

The establishment has lied to me re: rooms available and the honest truth is they wanted full price for all their rooms but are still putting out specials. Yesterday they put out a Living Social special and said they sold out their last six rooms while I was told only 4 rooms have been available for the last month!

I know this sounds petty but I am really disappointed. Not sure if I want to go back to square one or just stay home and watch some movies now!

Not expecting replies. Just needed to get this out instead of crying like a fool. (note couldn't even find crying emoticon).
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Let it go and go back to the planning. Who knows, you just might find a place that is much, much better than that one & end up in the exact right place you should have been anyway.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

I'm sorry your plans are not working out the way you had hoped. Hopefully you will find something else that you will be as happy (or more!) with.

I would not jump to the conclusion that they were lying to you. People cancel rooms and then other become available all the time. And legitimate booking mistakes can happen, especially at a smaller and more locally run place where human error is a little more likely to occur. I wouldn't let this sour me on a place I have loved.

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
I'm sorry your plans are not working out the way you had hoped. Hopefully you will find something else that you will be as happy (or more!) with.

I would not jump to the conclusion that they were lying to you. People cancel rooms and then other become available all the time. And legitimate booking mistakes can happen, especially at a smaller and more locally run place where human error is a little more likely to occur. I wouldn't let this sour me on a place I have loved.
This is true. Also, they may have signed the contract (I'm guessing Groupon or LivingSocial or something?) a while back and blocked the rooms off specifically for the deal.

Where in the country are you looking to go? Perhaps some of us can help you with recommendations.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
Tinker'n'Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabanafrau View Post
Let it go and go back to the planning. Who knows, you just might find a place that is much, much better than that one & end up in the exact right place you should have been anyway.
You are right and I know it. Just need to get it out of my system. I think I may even change states! Like you said who knows the most perfect place may be around the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post

Mislead is a better word. I have contacted them via email and phone throughout September. Each time the only 4 rooms were available and they did not want to use the specials on them. So I put myself on the wait list. So if they booked 6 rooms last night with this special, I wish I would have been called since I was on the wait list. Lie is a word I try not to use, along with hate. I am just overly sensitive and I see it, just feel like crud. It may be something to do with age and hormones.

Sometimes I wonder how we made it from 19 to 21 years with my mood swings. Trust me he isn't a Saint, but he really has been understanding. I think I will keep him forever!

Last edited by Tinker'n'Fun; 09-25-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
akhenaten
Lucky for husband, the neighbors can't hear
My fav ride was the kidddie whip!!

My anniversary trip that I had been planning from last year just bit the dust.... I feel your pain....

MK daytrip 1980
MK/epcot 1983 offsite
FW camp 1986
CBR 1991Dixie landings 1996 CBR july 2004
POR Riverside July 2011
akhenaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I wish I knew where you were and whether I could give you any other ideas of a nice small place to stay. I'm thinking there is probably some place else that you might like even better were you to give it a try. Sorry that happened.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Tinker'n'Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
This is true. Also, they may have signed the contract (I'm guessing Groupon or LivingSocial or something?) a while back and blocked the rooms off specifically for the deal.

Where in the country are you looking to go? Perhaps some of us can help you with recommendations.
NY, PA, VT, NH, OH, so North East. I am looking for romantic, very laid back with a history for example Amish, quaint little towns and or a place so romantic that we don't have to leave the site.

We can't go our actual anniversary weekend so any weekend but the first in October will work.

Forgot, I would love to see the leaves change but this year with the drought it may be over or never happen so I am not counting on that.

Last edited by Tinker'n'Fun; 09-25-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #9
Tinker'n'Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhenaten View Post
My anniversary trip that I had been planning from last year just bit the dust.... I feel your pain....
I am really sorry . It just sucks. Never once did a kids birthday party fall apart but I can't seem to get an anniversary in for the life of me!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
Tinker'n'Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
I wish I knew where you were and whether I could give you any other ideas of a nice small place to stay. I'm thinking there is probably some place else that you might like even better were you to give it a try. Sorry that happened.
I threw in the states that are in my travelling area. We don't want to spend like it was Disney, but romance tends to be a bit more expensive. I would really love to keep the room cost reasonable to a nice dinner and long romantic walk could be budgeted also.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
NY, PA, VT, NH, OH, so North East. I am looking for romantic, very laid back with a history for example Amish, quaint little towns and or a place so romantic that we don't have to leave the site.

We can't go our actual anniversary weekend so any weekend but the first in October will work.

Forgot, I would love to see the leaves change but this year with the drought it may be over or never happen so I am not counting on that.
CT might be farther then you want but we have a train that does foliage tours & there are a bunch of leaf peepers that come & stay at the local B&B's & I am sure hop on the train (Essex, CT).

Good luck.

Heck, I'd take any night in a hotel that has a restaurant as a bonus.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

We like Rhinebeck, NY - spent a weekend at the Whistlewood Inn two years ago. Great inn, with a generous breakfast and PIE TABLE as well as a dessert buffet/bonfire at night. Wonderful town to walk around as well.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #13
Tinker'n'Fun

Monorail and Jane - going to look at both places. Thank you.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #14
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...

can you tell us where the place is that you wanted to go?
that is a pretty big travel area you mentioned. all those states, depending on where you are you could be spending a lot of time in the car getting there.
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
Tinker'n'Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by npmommie View Post
can you tell us where the place is that you wanted to go?
that is a pretty big travel area you mentioned. all those states, depending on where you are you could be spending a lot of time in the car getting there.
Our original destination was Bird in Hand, Pa. I have been looking at the area and actually wanted to stay at one specific place for Friday and Saturday, then on Sunday there is this wonderful little place that has an afternoon tea. It would have been perfect timing, then to drive home to not be in too late.

It has come to my attention that their is some Car race or something going on that weekend so while I put all my eggs in the one basket and kept hoping, I was letting all my other options go...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: