Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
dewrlw
Earning My Ears

Help with Alaskan Cruise...

My husband and I are planning an Alaskan cruise on the Wonder for next August. I don't quite know where to start. We've cruised Disney 10 times, but always out of Port Canaveral. I know nothing at all about Vancouver, so this might be a dumb question, but what airport do you fly into? How soon should we start looking for flights? We will fly in the day before - where should we stay? Is there a hotel at the airport? We do have Disney transfers. Any other information at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
dewrlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewrlw View Post
My husband and I are planning an Alaskan cruise on the Wonder for next August. I don't quite know where to start. We've cruised Disney 10 times, but always out of Port Canaveral. I know nothing at all about Vancouver, so this might be a dumb question, but what airport do you fly into? How soon should we start looking for flights? We will fly in the day before - where should we stay? Is there a hotel at the airport? We do have Disney transfers. Any other information at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
We flew into Vancouver Airport (YVR is the code). It's also possible to fly into Seattle, but you must allow for some sort of transportation to Vancouver then. It's about 4 hours from Seattle to Vancouver transport time.

There is a hotel at Vancouver airport. It's real pricy (Fairmont). There are also many hotels close to Canada Place (the port).

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Flying into Vancouver is going to be the easiet, might cost a little more but personally worth it. If you are only 2 people you won't save much going to seattle, since the cost of getting to vancouver will wash out the flight savings.

Skip Disney transfers and try to book Pan Pacfic. It is right in the cruise ship terminal. Super easy. All you have to do is going down some steps and you are at the terminal, and bell services will deliver your luggage to the ship.

To get from airport to hotel you can do a car rental, or taxi. There is a car rental right at the hotel, can't remeber who right now.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
KYDIZFAN
Mouseketeer

If you have the time take the train from Seattle to Vancouver or vice versa and stay at the Pan Pacfic
Old 09-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2283011
This thread is all you need to know about Vancouver. It's long but has TONS of great info.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:10 AM   #6
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

You can get a train from the airport into the city as well, we did that and it was really easy and cheap. We stayed at the Blue Horizen hotel. If you can arrive in Vancouver a few days early as its a beautiful city, we did 4 nights before the cruise and had a lovely time.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #7
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDIZFAN
If you have the time take the train from Seattle to Vancouver or vice versa and stay at the Pan Pacfic
This

We flew into Vancouver, stayed at the Pan Pacific, trained it to Seattle, visited the Olympic National Park and flew home from Seattle. Wonderful trip.

From Vancouver, we took their train transport to the Pan Pacific. Very cheap and very easy. We also took it to the Amtrak station for trip to Seattle.
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: