Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #406
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrj

There are 8 pages!
Weird. I sometimes have a hard time when I am using the phone.

Eta: that is why I asked.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #407
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
I think certain ones are continuing the debate just to get in the last word. But OP is long gone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny square View Post
Or they are just participating in a conversation...
threads often continue long after the OP is gone. it's a discussion board.

posters disagreeing on this thread may agree on other threads. just like my beloved sister and I agree on many things, we also disagree on many others. and we still love each other.

we discuss things, debate back and forth.. that's the nature of a discussion board.

and it's actually NOT true that no one changes anyone's minds. I have learned things on this board, new points of view.

on this thread? I guess the one thing I learned was how strollers can help children with autism/aspergers.

I still contend that these are special needs. and elementary aged children without special needs should not use strollers. not only because it is not good for them (myopinion, and none of my business), but also because it is not only and annoyance, but a burden on everyone else in the park, on the bus, on the monorail, etc.

people need to be understanding and courteous of the little ones, and the necessary strollers. it's when tons of people whose kids Don't need them, and it gets difficult to navigate the parks, that it becomes everyone's problem.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #408
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Right. Sometimes the stroller pusher causes the accident, sometimes the person walking does.
ok, I'll give you that. (even tho that's not how you worded it)

but in our case, it wasn't an "accident" . an accident is Oops. sorry about that.

running while pushing a strollerL: if you run into someone , it is not an "accident". it is a "cause and effect", ie, it was bound to happen.

many, MANY times, the stroller pusher is not "running" but walking along at a very brisk pace, and not watching where hshe is going. and I wasn't as aware of this until my hubby's eyesight diminshed, and I started "seeing for 2".

it made me aware of how many stroller pushers just "expect" you to look around and notice that they are changing lanes, so to speak. the stroller "pusher" makes a change, but the stroller is in front of them. and is lower, and hence, makes the "change" first.

ok, I just realize how incrediably boring this sounds.. but navigating around stroller pushers can be very hard. and I know strollers are necessary.

many of us accept this fact. but we are not happy about all the unnecessary strollers. because then we allowed to have an opinion.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #409
Fiveisaparty
Mouseketeer

I have a 4,6 and 8 year old. I am renting a single city mini and figure my 4 and 6 yr old will trade off. My 8 yr old will just sit if she needs a break. If it is really bad then I may rent one from the park but I echo that the doubles are pain to get on an off the buses and I am thrilled that this is te first year we don't need one!

Fiveisaparty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: