Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #16
Rylee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
It will get worse, as soon as one particular child rearing genius shows up....

Bet I know who.

OP - No advice on the strollers, just want to say... do whatever makes your trip pleasant for your family.

&

Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #17
Madzac
DIS Veteran

I cant compare the strollers, sorry, maybe call kingdom strollers and ask them. We are renting a stroller from baby wheels and they have been awesome about questions, etc. I also know kingdom strollers has a FB page and I see lots of people posting questions there.

Another thought, I think double strollers are a huge pain to travel on/off buses with. Have you considered maybe doing a single stroller and having your girls switch off? Then if you really feel you need another, you can rent another single or get one in the park? This is what we are doing for our two youngest... I hate double strollers trying to get around, much rather push two singles if I have to have two... hoping we can get by with one!

Good luck! Do what works best for you!
Previous trips: WDW:CBR 3/93, ASMo 5/99, POFQ 5/06, WL 5/09, windsor hills 10/12. DL: Offsite 2/07, 3/10. DCL Dream 4 night bahamas 6/13 (trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3131854)... next up Magic 7 night Western 3/2015, DL offsite 7/2016
Madzac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #18
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

The weight limit either of the double strollers is 100 lbs, so you will be pushing the limit if you get that one.

http://www.strollermama.com/babyjogg...te-double.html

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QH459I/..._df_B006QH459I

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #19
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

When my kids were 4 and 6 on up, we had one single stroller and dds shared it. Obviously younger dd got to ride in it more, but there were times when younger dd would walk and older dd would ride.

At those ages I understood that they might need to rest some, but thought that there was no need for a double stroller.

Emily
bear_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #20
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Another mom who wouldn't get a double stroller. I would let them share one, if necessary.

Here's a few things that have worked for us:

Before travelling, take the kids on family walks to build their stamina. We refer to this as "Disney conditioning".

Let the kids know ahead of time that whining and complaining indicates a tired child who needs a nap. I would give the complainer one warning--then, if the complaining continued, take them back the hotel for a nap/rst break. Only one parent needs to take the child back. If the child is genuinely tired, this will help her immensely; if she's just complaining for the sake of it, she quickly realizes that she's missing out.

Consider taking a daily scheduled break if yoru children can't handle the rigors of WDW.

For a late night, we frequently put one kid up on DH's shoulders, while the other rode in the stroller back to the car/bus stop.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #21
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M's Mommy View Post
You're going to push your 60 pound 8 year old around WDW in a stroller because she complains about being tired and uncomfortable? Yikes. Have fun with that.
+1

Everyone gets tired. Take a break. It's ridiculous for a non-disabled 8 year old to ride in a stroller. I would hope they would be embarrassed.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #22
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoryDorito View Post
Is your 8yo disabled? I'm not being snarky, I'm curious because I have son with a neuromuscular disorder and I still don't know what I'm gong to do about him. He's 40 lbs and 6 yo. He doesn't complain, he just collapses when his body gives out. I have a feeling my child would be horrified if I pushed him around in a stroller but carrying him isn't an option. :/
We have a Liberty by Advance mobility for our son who has autism. It is perfect and he likes the sun screen. I like that he is happy and can make it through a day in the park.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #23
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
+1

Everyone gets tired. Take a break. It's ridiculous for a non-disabled 8 year old to ride in a stroller. I would hope they would be embarrassed.
It's common knowledge that kids have WAY more energy than adults. They also know really well how to throw fits to get what they want. I feel bad for the parents who have given their kids that much power over them that they are now wheeling them around a theme park on a throne!
Old 09-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #24
DoryDorito
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom

We have a Liberty by Advance mobility for our son who has autism. It is perfect and he likes the sun screen. I like that he is happy and can make it through a day in the park.
Thanks so much for that. I've never heard of that brand before. I still don't know what were going to do in terms of a stroller. The biggest thing is that my son doesn't look disabled. Unless you see him in a bathing suit, he looks "normal". Plus, my gracious, my boy is a trooper. I know he'd continue but his muscles almost turn off when fatigued he doesn't like it and he's aware of it, which is hard. I'm tempted to rent just one for both of my kids. That way they can share and he won't feel humiliated if we present it as if its his sister's to share. :/
DoryDorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #25
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Wait....who's the one particular child rearing genius? I must know!!!!
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #26
Leajess99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoryDorito View Post
Is your 8yo disabled? I'm not being snarky, I'm curious because I have son with a neuromuscular disorder and I still don't know what I'm gong to do about him. He's 40 lbs and 6 yo. He doesn't complain, he just collapses when his body gives out. I have a feeling my child would be horrified if I pushed him around in a stroller but carrying him isn't an option. :/
Would he be willing to ride in a child sized wheel chair if you could find one?? That my be a better alternative over the stroller for him.
Leajess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #27
DW2010
DIS Veteran

I completely understand how you feel. I rented a City Elite stroller from Kingdom Strollers for my DD who'll be turning 6 next week. I know my DD and how she gets when she's tired. I will not be carrying a 50lb child who is walking at a snail's pace at the end of a long day .
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #28
DW2010
DIS Veteran

Wow. So I guess posts that are extremely judgmental are allowed on here?

Anyways, OP, ignore the rude posts and do what you want to do. There are people stating that their 5 year even walked the entire time. I believe when people see threads like this, they imagine you'll be pushing your 8 year old in the stroller the entire time. I plan on bringing the stroller, pushing it and then if DD gets tired, she can take a break and ride in it as I continue pushing it. If you prefer to plan your vacation around your child needing breaks, that's fine too. It's completely your decision!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #29
lovemesomepooh
Want to be Disney bound

Hi

I am in the same boat. Last year was our first family trip to Disney. My children were 5 and 7. The first two days were stressful and grumpy because the kids complained of being tired or that there feet hurt. By day 3 I caved and rent a stroller from disney. ( I didn't want to spend the money but..) after that life was happier and we all enjoyed ourselves.

My daughter is quite tall and her head touch the top so I am looking for a stroller also for her.

I don't have any suggestions I just wanted to say I totally understand

Me: 38 Fiancé: 37 DD: 10 DS:8

November 2014 Poly
February 2013 POP SURPRISE TRIP for kids
January/February 2012 POP My kids FIRST trip to Disney!!!
December/January 2000-2001 off site
March 1990 off site
several other times as a child stayed off site
lovemesomepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #30
lovemesomepooh
Want to be Disney bound

oh and for you judgemental and rude people

Me: 38 Fiancé: 37 DD: 10 DS:8

November 2014 Poly
February 2013 POP SURPRISE TRIP for kids
January/February 2012 POP My kids FIRST trip to Disney!!!
December/January 2000-2001 off site
March 1990 off site
several other times as a child stayed off site
lovemesomepooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: