Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #166
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a11ie
If someone is busting their butt and paying GOOD money to be on this vacation with their family WHO ARE YOU to tell them how they should and should not be comfortable. If that will keep her 8 year old from complaining all day, every day then why not? The Disney experience can be a lot for anyone, at any age. And should be enjoyed however possible. It's a vacation, let her be lazy!

I would gladly push my 15 year old in a stroller before I would let them think its ok to LAUGH at another child.
Very well said! For an adult to laugh at a child is pathetic!!!!!
sheilanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #167
TinkNH
just not quite ready to let go of summer and flip flops
I can craft and type

I cannot believe this thread is still open since some of the posts here are so rude to the OP....

Children learn what they see...personally I would rather my children be raised with compassion than being so judgmental of others. some of the posts here are appalling

Carolyn DH DD (10) DS (4)DD (4)
4/1984 offsite
10/1995 Honeymoon Grand Floridian
10/2005 Anniversary Weekend at Swan
9/2006 Family trip to Polynesian for 3
9/2012 Family trip to Polynesian for 5!

TinkNH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #168
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

really you wouldn't laugh if you saw a child waaay to big for a stroller crammed into and being pushed? I don't mean a special needs stroller , but a child only a couple inches shorter than I am (based on some of the listed sizes) crammed into a stroller sized for a toddler.

If I saw that I would probably laugh because it would be humorous, like the clowns crammed into the car.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #169
Happiest mommy
DIS Veteran

wow

Cookie (RIP 5/10/10) you gave us 15 years of pure Love and Loyalty we miss you so...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Visits: 2007, 2008, 2010 and planning 2014
Happiest mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #170
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

The OP did not ask whether or not anyone thought she should push her kids in strollers - she just asked about sizes. I don't think it matters one way or another who rides in a stroller!

How do you all know the health status of any poster's children anyway? Some people don't want to come on here, and list their children's medical issues just to get info on a stroller. Maybe some people just wants to come on here, get the information, and tell the rest of you that the medical issues of their children are none of your darn business.

It is also very telling that the ones who are judging the OP are also the ones who say they laugh at kids and say their own children's actions are controlled by peer opinion (which will not be a good thing as teenagers).

My DD6 would actually not care if other children saw her in a stroller. If she wanted to ride in the stroller and someone told her that others would think it was silly, she would shrug her shoulders. She has never been a blind follower of anyone. And she is also the first one to stand up for another child she thinks is being laughed at or bullied.

Luckily, when we were there a few weeks ago, there was not one comment made about her being in a stroller. No one gave us odd looks. No one said a word. And for all you who think you know everything, she has arthritis and no, you wouldn't know it from looking at her.

So laugh at children and teach your kids to laugh at others if you want to raise mean spirited people.

But my daughter is a loving person and a leader. She isn't going to give into peer pressure or be a jerk because others are. OP, ignore the mean people and don't let strangers ruin your vacation.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #171
jujube
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
The OP did not ask whether or not anyone thought she should push her kids in strollers - she just asked about sizes. I don't think it matters one way or another who rides in a stroller!

How do you all know the health status of any poster's children anyway? Some people don't want to come on here, and list their children's medical issues just to get info on a stroller. Maybe some people just wants to come on here, get the information, and tell the rest of you that the medical issues of their children are none of your darn business.

It is also very telling that the ones who are judging the OP are also the ones who say they laugh at kids and say their own children's actions are controlled by peer opinion (which will not be a good thing as teenagers).

My DD6 would actually not care if other children saw her in a stroller. If she wanted to ride in the stroller and someone told her that others would think it was silly, she would shrug her shoulders. She has never been a blind follower of anyone. And she is also the first one to stand up for another child she thinks is being laughed at or bullied.

Luckily, when we were there a few weeks ago, there was not one comment made about her being in a stroller. No one gave us odd looks. No one said a word. And for all you who think you know everything, she has arthritis and no, you wouldn't know it from looking at her.

So laugh at children and teach your kids to laugh at others if you want to raise mean spirited people.

But my daughter is a loving person and a leader. She isn't going to give into peer pressure or be a jerk because others are. OP, ignore the mean people and don't let strangers ruin your vacation.
One or two of people said they would laugh. Don't lump everyone together.
jujube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #172
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannathy View Post
really you wouldn't laugh if you saw a child waaay to big for a stroller crammed into and being pushed? I don't mean a special needs stroller , but a child only a couple inches shorter than I am (based on some of the listed sizes) crammed into a stroller sized for a toddler.

If I saw that I would probably laugh because it would be humorous, like the clowns crammed into the car.
You would laugh at a child, that you don't know for a fact is a perfectly healthy child? Just because they aren't in a special needs stroller, it doesn't mean they aren't special needs. Maybe the parents can't afford a special needs stroller, and have to use what they have. (Now you will argue that they shouldn't be at Disney, but maybe they were given the trip, you don't know.) Earlier, you commented about how bleak the future looks because of all these parents raising molly coddled kids, I'm more worried about the future when I hear adults condoning laughing at innocent children.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #173
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six

Amen. Very well said!!!!
sheilanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #174
Nayan
DIS Veteran

Location: About an hour east of WDW. 192 all the way "home". :)

Quote:

And that exactly how I pictured it!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #175
Hannathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
You would laugh at a child, that you don't know for a fact is a perfectly healthy child? Just because they aren't in a special needs stroller, it doesn't mean they aren't special needs. Maybe the parents can't afford a special needs stroller, and have to use what they have. (Now you will argue that they shouldn't be at Disney, but maybe they were given the trip, you don't know.) Earlier, you commented about how bleak the future looks because of all these parents raising molly coddled kids, I'm more worried about the future when I hear adults condoning laughing at innocent children.
I'm not saying I would point at the child and laugh hysterically but if a child all scrunched up in a stroller sized for a toddler who obviously is almost my size was pushed by me I'm sure I would chuckle. And I doubt if people were being honest they would to. First instinct when seeing an older child holding their knees and feet up and elbows not fitting and head bent down to get into an obviously too small stroller was pushed by you, you wouldn't giggle. I don't believe it, You would at least think what the heck?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #176
Dwheels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan2kids

I know right the 5year old is probably sitting in the stroller with a pacifier!! Lol
Dwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #177
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

I was at Disney once and saw on obese woman in and ECV breastfeeding a 10 year old in a stroller while holding a turkey leg in one hand and texting on the other after she cut in line to "catch up" to her family. Did I cover all the hot topics?
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #178
jenjifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
I was at Disney once and saw on obese woman in and ECV breastfeeding a 10 year old in a stroller while holding a turkey leg in one hand and texting on the other after she cut in line to "catch up" to her family. Did I cover all the hot topics?
Only if you saw it while you were pool hopping, and were so distraught by it that you couldn't tip well on your next dinner.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #179
Hannathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjifer View Post
Only if you saw it while you were pool hopping, and were so distraught by it that you couldn't tip well on your next dinner.
And drinking from your refillable mug from 3 trips ago while you used the ladies room and your 14 yr old son stood in there looking thru all the doors.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #180
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And drinking from your refillable mug from 3 trips ago while you used the ladies room and your 14 yr old son stood in there looking thru all the doors.
And the 14 year old is on a leash, wearing 27 different "I'm celebrating" buttons.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: