Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #31
Hlee27
Earning My Ears

Arrival Date Problems?

I have some friends who's arrival date is set for Jan. 14, my "check-in" date is Jan. 15, but I will be arriving in FL on Jan. 14 - - The girls I would like to room with are checking in on the 14th and leaving on May 17th, I am leaving on May 10th. I tried to contact someone at Disney to ask about this and nobody has gotten back to me. Does anyone know if it is possible that we can still room together despite the couple of day differences? Or, does anyone know a contact person I could get a hold of to ask about this.

Thanks
Hlee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #32
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlee27 View Post
I have some friends who's arrival date is set for Jan. 14, my "check-in" date is Jan. 15, but I will be arriving in FL on Jan. 14 - - The girls I would like to room with are checking in on the 14th and leaving on May 17th, I am leaving on May 10th. I tried to contact someone at Disney to ask about this and nobody has gotten back to me. Does anyone know if it is possible that we can still room together despite the couple of day differences? Or, does anyone know a contact person I could get a hold of to ask about this.

Thanks
It is my understanding that in order to be roommates, you must check in on the same date.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #33
khancock
DIS Veteran

The matching site is http://disneyroommate.com/

The matching criteria is outlined in the bottom right of the front page.

This statement is included there:
"You will be matched with someone else who has the same base criteria (gender, age, arrival/end date) as yourself."
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #34
hme91
Earning My Ears

I'm having a really hard time finding people arriving on February 4th and leaving on May 31. I'm starting to really wish I was spring advantage!
hme91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #35
Want2B-Imagineer
Earning My Ears

Any girls doing Spring 2013, Jan. 22-May 24? I need some roommates.

My Roommate Survey: -> anowarkowa. tumblr. com/post/33474873023/wdw-roommate-survey-jan-22
Want2B-Imagineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #36
saturdaygirl
Mouseketeer

i wish i had known about these boards when i was appyling! my roommates ended up disliking us(me & my room-roommate) for no reason!

saturdaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #37
NHSchool2012
DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
I'm really nervous to have roommates. Do you guys know which is the best place to live in?
I read online in a few places that Vista is known for parties, Chatham is kind of known for parties and quietness, and Patterson is the quietest/calmest of the three.

I've been nervous about housing as well. I don't want to get stuck in a room with a bunch of people who party all night, and I don't want that to ruin the program for me. My idea of fun is card games and movies, not wold parties with 8736 people in the room, ha..
NHSchool2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #38
khancock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSchool2012 View Post
I read online in a few places that Vista is known for parties, Chatham is kind of known for parties and quietness, and Patterson is the quietest/calmest of the three.
Think about this:
Do you change who you are and what you do based on where you live? Probably not.

Same applies to those complexes.

Parties happen at all of them. Serenity happens at all of them. An individual is ultimately in control of their environment.

Someone who is a hardcore partier isn't going to change that because of where they live. Someone who isn't, isn't going to change that either because of where they live.

It is all about the people one chooses to surround themselves with and the actual choices one makes day to day.
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #39
NHSchool2012
DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
I'm really nervous to have roommates. Do you guys know which is the best place to live in?
I have a friend who did the program last year and he lived in Patterson. He said it was great because it was new and updated and clean, while the other two were a bit older, especially Vista. He also only lived with one roommate, so that probably made things easier too!

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about the housing.. Vista seems to have the party reputation, and Chatham and Patterson are quieter. Chatham I heard would probably be best for someone who likes to hang out and party, but not all the time, and Patterson for those who really aren't into that sort of thing. It all depends on the room and people around you though, so any of them can either be good or bad!

I personally am going to try to get a single bedroom in Patterson, just because I don't like the idea of living with so many people. If I have to though, I'll take a 2-bedroom, but I would really hate having to go any higher than that..
NHSchool2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #40
GoldenFlower
If the slipper fits... :)

Hi guyss!!! I'm arriving January 15th too! I'm main entrance operations!
I'm hoping to be placed in Patterson, but i'm sort of a neat freak. I can't stand messy messy piles of stuff. However, I am hoping to meet some pretty cool people and hopefully find a roomy before i get there!

Last edited by GoldenFlower; 10-24-2012 at 03:58 PM.
GoldenFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #41
grlwonder
Mouseketeer

Hey there! I was accepted for Merchandise for Spring Advantage!

My arrival date is January 22! Anyone else arriving that day? Let me know!

I prefer wellness housing (I don't drink or anything like that), I clean up my own mess, don't mind sharing if asked, and my type of fun is hanging out with friends such as watching movies and chilling. :D

DCP Spring Advantage 2013: accepted for Merchandise!

grlwonder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: