Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
belle22
Mouseketeer

"Scout Days" In Ohio

Anyone know of any scout days in the Columbus or Dayton area?
belle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.skcbsa.org/calendar.php?district=Simon Kenton Council

http://www.chattahoochee-bsa.org/Calendar3
Jedana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
belle22
Mouseketeer

Looking more of.. Disney on Ice, Newport Aqurium, college volleyball games, College Basketball games.. Museums..ect.
belle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Girls Scouts for the Dayton area is under Girl Scouts of Western Ohio. The Newport Aquarium is an hour or so South of Dayton (actually, it is even south of Ohio altogether), and it is very small. Not much to see there, really. It takes 2 hours tops to tour. I do not know of any planned events, but I can tell you that if you are in the area and want to hit up a volleyball game, the University of Dayton is nationally ranked and their games are free to the public.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle22 View Post
Looking more of.. Disney on Ice, Newport Aqurium, college volleyball games, College Basketball games.. Museums..ect.
If for cub/boy scouts, watch the council sites. That is where most of the scout days items come up. Here, we have a day at the zoo, a day at the minor league baseball team and a day at Daytona speedway....but the only way to get the info on them is through the council website.

for example: http://www.nfcscouting.org/event/1240006
Jedana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #6
jen1977
Mouseketeer

The Dayton Dragons have a scout night....discounted game tickets, and they can set up their tent on the field for the night. The Newport has a scout day, but I've heard it's so crowded that itmisn't very enjoyable. The Newport is small anyway....about two hours and your done, so not much to see. I'm not sure about other places. We have done overnights at the Boonshoft (wouldn't recommend), both the Columbus and Cincy Zoos, and the Natural History Museum in Cincy. All three were very fun, and the boys really enjoyed it.
jen1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #7
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

The Cincinnati Reds have a couple of events too...one includes camping overnight in the park. I am not aware of any central place to find such events.

There is also a spook-o-ree at Cub World in Loveland this Oct 20 and 27.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #8
pjtm
DIS Veteran

I live in Cincy.... Just got mail yesterday fir the Cyclones, Disney on Ice and the woman's gymnastic tour. Pm me if you need more info..
pjtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #9
MichelleinMaine
DIS Veteran

If you are on Facebook, check to see if the appropriate scout council has a Facebook page. I follow the ones for the councils my own DS/DD are in, but also the ones for neighboring states (eg for us, alot of stuff happens in Boston, so I "like" the Eastern Mass ones as well.) I like FB over the web page since each new event will pop into my news feed, vs me having to search out when something new might be on the webpage.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: