Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
mkovalm
Butterflies have a wingspan ranging from 12 inches allll the way up to a foot!

Can you get discounted park tickets if...

...you're going to an event at the WWOS complex? A co-worker of mine is traveling in February for the Twirl Mania event & he was wondering if they offered discount park tickets to people attending.

My names Matt, I'll be your Jungle Skipper, your alligator wrestler, and if you don't laugh at my jokes...your swimming instructor.
Professional Jungle Skipper - Fall 2000
mkovalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalm View Post
...you're going to an event at the WWOS complex? A co-worker of mine is traveling in February for the Twirl Mania event & he was wondering if they offered discount park tickets to people attending.
Discount tickets are usually available through the Convention-ears website. You have to access it through a link that your group provides. It's been my experience that there are less expensive ticket sources such as the YES classes or even through a discounter. But they are great for "after-2" and "after-5" admission tickets.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
mkovalm
Butterflies have a wingspan ranging from 12 inches allll the way up to a foot!

Hmmm...Think I'll have him check that site out

My names Matt, I'll be your Jungle Skipper, your alligator wrestler, and if you don't laugh at my jokes...your swimming instructor.
Professional Jungle Skipper - Fall 2000
mkovalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

I'm not sure if it's the same type of thing, but for ds's baseball tournament at WWOS, we had a package (for example: 4 day/3 nights stay, 3 day park passes, price based on 4 people per room) to which we could add extra days or add on the hopper option. We also had a contact at WWOS for our group who took care of our arrangements. So if there is a package, the tickets could be part of that.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Wow, I had no idea that conventions got discount tickets. Glad to hear that the YES and other discount sellers seem cheaper in most instances though. I may be attending a group/convention type trip in 2013 and now I know to compare ticket prices before jumping at the first discount

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
Discount tickets are usually available through the Convention-ears website. You have to access it through a link that your group provides. It's been my experience that there are less expensive ticket sources such as the YES classes or even through a discounter. But they are great for "after-2" and "after-5" admission tickets.
I wish we had had the option for "after 2" or "after 5" tickets! That would've been good with games all morning.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

The Twirlmania organization offers discounted tickets. I've done that trip with DD21 when she was younger and it was a blast! They should be able to find the discounted prices on the brochures.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
PlutoPony
DIS Veteran

Many events at WWOS do have discount packages available for rooms and/or tickets, it depends on what was negotiated with the organization sponsoring the event. The discounts can be good, like 30% or so on rooms and tickets but you are likely limited to booking at only a few designated hotels (typically All Star Sports, Caribbean Beach). In my limited experience, you book these through the WWOS office and you get the specifics of who to contact through the team. Also, anything you book this way is considered a package so payment/cancellation policies are more stringent than room only reservations and basic ticket purchases. And of course the dining plan is not available with these packages because of the significant discounts available on the room and tickets. We are attending a sporting event at WWOS shortly for the second year in a row and this is a much better discount than I was able to get with my pin or the general public discount that's out now.
PlutoPony is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: