DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Mvtracey
Earning My Ears

Trying to figure this out

Plan is to go to WDW sept 2013 and my use year is aug I just got my 250 points for 2012 and I'm planning on using next years points as well and stating for 2 weeks which would use most of the 500 points ..... I'm going to book my home resort SSR at 11 months then hopefully change a little at 7 months
Do I have to barrow next years points to make the reservation if so once I barrow they can't go back right?
Also I'm doing a split stay one week in a one bedroom and then one week in a two bedroom because we have people joining us ,so would it make a difference which points got used for either reservation?

Thank u !!
Mvtracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

You need to have the points in your account at the time of your stay. What UY will your stay be in?

Banking and borrowing are final transactions and can not be reversed.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
LauraLea
DIS Veteran

Assuming you had no 2011 points banked into 2012.....

You need to bank your 2012 points into your 2013 UY. Then next month you can make your Sept 2013 reservation using the banked points and your 2013 points. MS will automatically use the banked points first. As long as the reservation is under 500 points you will not be borrowing any points. Any left over points could be banked into your 2014 UY.

Laura
LauraLea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

A Sept 2013 reservation will fall in your Aug 2013 UY. So you can bank Aug 2012 points (that you just got) and use the current Aug 2013 points to make the reservation in October 2012. If you need more than then 250 you have, you an also borrow Aug 2014 points if you need them.

But you'll need to bank the 2012 points first before you make the reservation.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***racey View Post
Plan is to go to WDW sept 2013 and my use year is aug...Do I have to barrow next years points to make the reservation if so once I barrow they can't go back right?
as others have said, UY month has nothing to do with when you call to book. it doesn't matter that you are calling during your 2012 UY to book a stay in your 2013 UY...the 2013 pts would be "current" based on the dates of the stay.

so if you needed more than your banked 2012 UY pts + your current 2013 UY pts when you call in oct 2012, you would still have the option of borrowing pts from your 2014 UY to complete the reservation.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:15 AM   #6
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***racey View Post
Also I'm doing a split stay one week in a one bedroom and then one week in a two bedroom because we have people joining us ,so would it make a difference which points got used for either reservation?

Thank u !!
It likely doesn't matter in your situation since you could get them to rearrange points to get back the most usable points if you had to cancel. ideally would be to have the most restricted (banked in this case) points in the time that you're less likely to change or cancel. How likely are the people joining you to back out or change their plans? This is critical to how you book because if you book a 2 BR and end up only needing a 1 BR, you could be stuck. Now Sept (unless it involves the holiday time) isn't that difficult and the chances that you would not be able to make reasonable changes to your reservation are small, esp for your SSR time. That's a more realistic concern if you get a more in demand resort at 7 mo out. I'd suggest you plan the 2 BR time for SSR and your personal 1 BR time for a different resort because it posses less risk, would be easier to change if you needed to and is more likely to be available than a studio or 2 BR. If you're worried about them changing, you might consider booking a 1 BR and separate studio but realize it's a few more points. There are lots of variables based on your specifics and personal preferences.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
Mvtracey
Earning My Ears

Thank u everybody !! This has helped me a ton
Mvtracey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: