Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
2manypets
DIS Veteran

From your pictures (which are beautiful btw!) the balconies look open to all the neighbors. Are there any privacy balconies?

2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #17
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana

Was that a FD BB or room only BB? Know the FD BB was out, but just wondering if a room only had come out yet. Thanks!
It was free dining. We loved having the dining plan this time, so it is neat to know we have it locked in without waiting for another possible offer to come out.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets
From your pictures (which are beautiful btw!) the balconies look open to all the neighbors. Are there any privacy balconies?
The balconies vary quite a bit. Our two this time could see each other but they were separated by about a two foot gap. Our prior room had an enclosed balcony like most sixth floor rooms in the wings of the hotel have, and they have a solid railing and divider walls, making them much more private. You could request an enclosed balcony room and get one of those.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #19
pas130
DIS Veteran

Great review & pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you loved the lodge!!!!

I am a GF girl at heart, but I am a true WL believer after my August trip with DH.....hoping the decorations start going up when we visit in November
Old 09-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #20
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info, GrandCalifornian!

2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #21
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana
Thanks so much for the photos - love your room view! Did the king room happen to be an accessible room?

I never expected to stay at WL because when we visited it when it was brand new, we far preferred the tropical ambiance of the Polynesian, the excitement of the Contemporary with the monorail gliding through or the BC for it's delightful stroll to/from International Gateway....but after reading so many rave reviews on the DIS, decided to give it a try late November a couple of years ago (and the price was right with an AP rate).

Bet you won't be surprised to hear I absolutely fell in love with the resort - still not crazy about those small rooms (or the previous color scheme - reburb is so much nicer), but the resort is so peaceful and lovely, especially when decorated for the holidays. We also enjoyed a Villa studio, which is larger than a Lodge room and it's such a pretty walk over there...and just as convenient as being right in the Lodge.

Your little one is as cute as can be!
The king room that my parents had this time was not an accessible room, but ours on our honeymoon was. My wife preferred having the tub, but the extra open space of the accessible room was good.

Even with the standard room this time we were able to park the stroller in front of the sinks in the bathroom.

Thanks for the compliments on our DD, she loves pictures and Mickey's house.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #22
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

We were on fourth floor room 4032 overlooking Otter Pond and our balcony was open but we had privacy walls between us And our neighbors. We ate Mickey waffles in our pjs on the balcony that dH brought back from Roaring Forks. So yes they have private balconies too.
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw
We ate Mickey waffles in our pjs on the balcony that dH brought back from Roaring Forks. So yes they have private balconies too.
Mickey Waffles and mug refills via "daddy room service" were a big hit this trip. We did it at least three times, and on days we didn't DD asked where her waffle was. I enjoyed the morning walk down there through the beautiful lobby.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #24
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Thanks

I loved your pictures here and on the WL thread.

Doesn't booking a bounceback help with the depression of leaving

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
PamelaKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #25
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay
I loved your pictures here and on the WL thread.

Doesn't booking a bounceback help with the depression of leaving
Thanks! There are more pictures to come. I can't believe how many we took.

Yes! The bounceback helped us get over having to leave. I could have stayed in that room a lot longer if they'd let me! It had been over five years since our last WDW trip and I didn't want to have to wait that long. Even though the offer was for what we already had on this trip with free dining, it is great to have it locked in. Keeping the free dining will help since next time DD is considered a person and will need her own tickets. On the plus side, she will get free dining next time too while this time she wasn't on the plan.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #26
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your thoughts & photos! We stayed there briefly last year, pre-refurb, but I'm SO happy they re-did the rooms. They look fabulous and really brighten the rooms up. We wondered, though, about the rooms that open to the lobby -- if they would be noisier or otherwise less desirable. Your post definitely makes them seem MORE desirable.

We'll be there in late November. I. Can't. WAIT!!!!
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #27
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I've enjoyed your photos and comments both here and on the WL thread. It was great having you report LIVE!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #28
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts & photos! We stayed there briefly last year, pre-refurb, but I'm SO happy they re-did the rooms. They look fabulous and really brighten the rooms up. We wondered, though, about the rooms that open to the lobby -- if they would be noisier or otherwise less desirable. Your post definitely makes them seem MORE desirable.

We'll be there in late November. I. Can't. WAIT!!!!
I see how someone could prefer one or the other, but our preference is definitely for the lobby rooms. At times we could hear the activities in WCC but it was never very loud and we were just so impressed with the view. The walk to the rooms was just so enjoyable that we really loved the lobby location. We also were able to use the side staircase to get down to the lobby if we wanted, which gave us the chance for a pretty tour of the sitting areas on the different floors. In just about a month you'll be there enjoying it all!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #29
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I've enjoyed your photos and comments both here and on the WL thread. It was great having you report LIVE!
Thanks, we REALLY enjoyed having the WL thread to watch and help pass time as we got ready for our trip. Once we were there, we just wanted to share the experience. (And the great free WiFi made it really easy to do so!) For any and all WL info this thread is the place to go, and is still the most frequently visited site on my computer...
Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #30
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Thanks, we REALLY enjoyed having the WL thread to watch and help pass time as we got ready for our trip. Once we were there, we just wanted to share the experience. (And the great free WiFi made it really easy to do so!) For any and all WL info this thread is the place to go, and is still the most frequently visited site on my computer...
Awww, thanks, GC. A thread is only as good as its posters
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: