Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
mydisneymoney
Prince Alex's Mom

5% money back with Discover Card on Theme Tickets. Ends 9/30/12

I know the month is almost over but I wanted to share with those who have a Discover Card that they are giving 5% cash back with their rewards program for Theme Park tickets purchased during September. For my family of 3 the cost will be $850 to buy our 5-day PH tickets. The 5% back will be $42.50 which way more then I can save buying tickets at other online sites like Get Away Today. You have to buy the tickets directly from Disneyland on their website and use your Discover Card to pay. Make sure you have first gone online to Discover Card and sign up for the 5% promotion for September. In addition to that, they are currently offering me (and you may this available to you too) 0% interest until July 2013 on any purchased made by September 30th.

I was also able to get a super deal on SeaWorld San Diego tickets as well. They are also considered a Theme Park. I used by Ebates account to purchase my tickets. Ebates is offering 2.5% cash back if you go through them to purchase tickets. So I went into SeaWorld via Ebates, and then I used a discount code I found on MouseSavers.com for $20 off each adult ticket and $12 off a childs ticket. This made each ticket $58 each instead of $78 and $70 for adult and child. I paid with my Discover Card and will get 2.5% back from Ebates and 5% back from Discover and will have no interest until July 2013.
mydisneymoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
danabalana
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. I'm on it for my April trip
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
mydisneymoney
Prince Alex's Mom

Only a couple more days to save money on Disney tickets. I have done a lot of looking around for discounts on tickets and this is by far the best deal. The most you save on tickets is usually $5 per ticket which is no where near 5%. This is a good deal if you are planning to buy tickets for an upcoming trip.
mydisneymoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
imjen
DIS Veteran

Thanks for also posting about Sea World. We are going soon & I was just about to buy tickets.

Last edited by imjen; 09-28-2012 at 09:55 PM.
imjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
MychaelP
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this... I had forgotten and will buy my Mother's tickets for when they visit near Christmas this way.
I wonder if the parking pass prepaid qualifies too? Not much $ but every little bit adds up.
I see Discover has 5% for internet purchases beginning in October. If we purchase online from Disney's site I think that may qualify too.
MychaelP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting! I bought some for our April trip, but d'oh, ordered 3 tickets for ages 10+ when both my girls are under 10. I just remember last time DD3 was only 2 and didn't need a ticket, so I guess I was thinking 3 of us needed "real" tickets and 1 needed the "young kid" ticket. I really need to read the fine print before clicking, as now some of my Discover card cashback savings are lost due to this stupid mistake!
smiles33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: