Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

Child Swap

How does this work exactly? If we have all have fast passes and what about if we don't. Never used this feature before but will need to this trip. Do all rides participate in this feature?

TIA
Emily
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

No one Do they not do this anymore?
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Yes some rides do it

Rides like splash mountain that have a height restriction.

One parent goes in and asks the cm at the entrance for a child swap card. Rides the ride then gives the other parent the card and that parent rides

The only ride we went on that wanted both parents there to hand the card to the one with the baby was the dinosaur ride in ak
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

As Kurby posted most rides at Disney and Universal do a child swap system whereby you tell the cast member or member of staff at the entrance to the ride and they usually give you instructions.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann415 View Post
How does this work exactly? If we have all have fast passes and what about if we don't. Never used this feature before but will need to this trip. Do all rides participate in this feature?

TIA
Emily
It's simple. Bring the height-restricted child and tell the CM you need a child swap pass. Assuming the child is under the height, you'll get one. The child swap pass will allow up to 3 (maybe 4, I forget) people to ride at any time that day by going through the fast pass entry. As far as riding the ride the first time, you definitely could get fast passes for this. Even better, depending on how many are in your party, you could get fewer fast passes since you have the child swap and thereby possibly double up your fast passes.

You didn't provide who is in your party, but I'll give an example. We'll assume 2 adults, 2 kids, one of whom is height restricted. You have 4 park tickets. Go to BTMRR and get 2 fast passes. Walk a few feet over to Splash and use the other 2 tickets to get 2 fast passes. For each, also get a Child Swap. You now will effectively be able to ride both without anybody waiting and without waiting the two hours to get the other fast pass. Use the 2 FP's for one adult and older child. Use the Child Swap for the other adult and older child (who gets to go twice). Same example would work for Soarin and Test Track (when TT opens again).

Perfectly legit and a great way to maximize headliner rides without having to wait.
sarmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I had this same question before our trip. It is difficult to find the answer to how rider switch works with fast pass.

All rides with height restrictions have child swap/rider switch. You walk up to the person at the line and ask for a ride switch ticket. You have to have the child who is too short to ride with you. They hand you a ticket (like a fastpass). Then one person goes through the line and the other takes the kid and leaves the line. The other adult can ride later with the rider switch ticket. It is good for all day. You can take up to two other people with you on that that ticket too.

If you got a FP for that ride, it works the same way only you go to the FP line to get the rider switch ticket. The person getting the rider switch ticket does not have to have a FP for that ride. When DD would nap, DH and I would get one FP for Splash and another for SM and then get rider switches. Bascially, rider switch allows you to get more than one FP at a time for the bigger rides. With little ones, it is hard to fit those in anyway. When DD was awake, we did things she could do. It makes it easy to get stuff done when the little ones are napping.

Last edited by Crystal824; 09-25-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann415 View Post
No one Do they not do this anymore?
Have a little patience Emily. Bumping because of no answer in less than an hour

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: