Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
JanaD
Mouseketeer

Trip Planners - Your thoughts

Hubby and I are going to WDW Nov. 5-10 for a 20th anniversary trip - without kids! On Friday, we have planned the ticketed events of F&W Tequila Lunch at 12noon and MVMCP Friday night. Alas, I have limited time and would like to squeeze in Festival of the Masters at Downtown Disney and/or Osborne Lights at HS (since I believe it will be the first night). Does everyone think all of these are doable in one day, or which item would you "not miss" - Festival of the Masters or Osborne Lights? By the way, we leave on Saturday, Nov. 10 with no park time available - UGH!
Thanks in advance!
JanaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
lwake
Mouseketeer

I think that this is can be done in the 4 1/2 days that you will have. I haven't done the Masters, but assume it is a day long event. If you do Downtown Disney during the day then you will have plenty of time for Osborne Lights in the evening at HS. If at all possible, I wouldn't leave anything out. If you are staying at BC/YC or BW then you can walk quickly to Epcot and take a quick boat ride to HS. Have fun and enjoy your anniversary. I just go back after spending 10 days at YC celebrating our 25th anniversay. We didn't leave anything out. Congrats!
lwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
DisneyDad79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaD View Post
Hubby and I are going to WDW Nov. 5-10 for a 20th anniversary trip - without kids! On Friday, we have planned the ticketed events of F&W Tequila Lunch at 12noon and MVMCP Friday night. Alas, I have limited time and would like to squeeze in Festival of the Masters at Downtown Disney and/or Osborne Lights at HS (since I believe it will be the first night). Does everyone think all of these are doable in one day, or which item would you "not miss" - Festival of the Masters or Osborne Lights? By the way, we leave on Saturday, Nov. 10 with no park time available - UGH!
Thanks in advance!
You will definately not be able to see the Osbourn lights unless you want to miss actual party time to do it. They don't even light them until around 6, so you would miss part of the party for sure, just with transportation time. You could probably squeeze in FotM, but it would be for a very short time and would cause you to cut other things short. What time do you leave on Saturday? Would you be able to hit DTD that morning? I think the exhibits open around 10 or 10:30.

If it were me, I would just do the Tequilla Lunch and MVMCP and not worry about the other two. It will probably add more stress to your last full day then the experiences would add enjoyment.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: