Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
OurMinnieFamily
Mouseketeer

Mailing box to resort?

Hey everyone...

On our next trip we will be celebrating my daughters birthday. Last time we went for her birthday, my sister came and I was able to hide gifts and gift bags I made under all of our stuff (me and my sister shared luggage and my daughter had her own). This time around I will have a smaller bag or I will be sharing with my daughter. That means I'm not able to bring it all along with me in the bag.

This year instead of gift bags, I would like to gift boxes, maybe something similar to the boxes they have when they decorate the room for you.

With all that rambling done.... How does the whole mailing a box to the resort work.... would I ship it out the day before we leave so it gets there soon after we get there? If I overnight the box (to ensure I have it on time) would they hold it at the front desk if it gets there before we do? When I label the box do I put in the resort name and in care of myself?

Sorry for all the questions, but this mailing of the box would save my life and I dont want to have it get lost along the way.
OurMinnieFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
DOREEN1779
Mouseketeer

It depends on the resort you are staying in. If there is a convention center, they charge a fee to hold the box. Some resorts will hold the box for up to a month so there is no need to waste the extra money on overnight fees. Most will hold for 2 weeks. Go to the Shipping to a resort thread under Disney resorts and call them directly. It is best to use UPS or Fedex to ensure it goes directly to the resort and not the main processing center.What is your resort?
DOREEN1779 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
OurMinnieFamily
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at AOA.

I will give them a call when we are closer to going, but I had no idea how it worked at all. Its going to be just me and her, so leaving my room with out her isnt possible. I'm thinking of brining her to an activity that's just her, going to the room to decorate and then coming back to get her.

Thanks for all information
OurMinnieFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Call the resort & verify how they like to receive the package - that's what I did. I also confirmed the address for UPS. (I wanted to be able to track my pkg)

We're staying at the Pop & I will overnight our package 2 days ahead of time.(I get a great discount through work with all UPS airmail otherwise I'd use a cheaper method.) The CM I spoke to at Pop told me in addition to the hotel info on the address to include our name, Reservation # & arrival date so they could be sure to handle it timely.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

We have done this twice at Pop. I searched the Resort board for the actual resort address and then include our name, reservation number, and arrival date on the label.

I usually ship UPS ground about 5-7 (depending on weekends) before our arrival date.

When we check in, they tell me that I have a package waiting and get it for me. If you dd is with you, you might want to quietly mention that you will pick it up or ask for bell services to deliver it later.

Emily
bear_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Chabby
Mouseketeer

I had the Disney store deliver a princess' dress to teh ASMu on March and it was really easy. I called the resort and asked for their mailing address and policy regarding this.
The CM gave me the address and told me to put it "In the care of (your name) arriving on (your arrival date)" and the resort's address. The day I arrived I went to the concierge's desk with my tracking number and they were holding it for me.
Have a great trip!
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: