Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
How much was the Incidental hold?
I don't remember the exact total of the incidentals charge but I don't think it was any higher than $50. I was told by one CM that it is supposed to be a certain percentage of the hotel rate (not sure if they meant a percentage of one night, or a percentage of the entire bill), but it usually turns out to be about $50.

I was also told that in the case of certain debit cards, the hold placed on the card for incidentals stays there a few days longer than with other debit cards. Some debit cards will see the hold removed immediately upon check-out, while others will see it removed a few days after check-out. I have no clue which cards get the faster removal and which ones don't.

And one particular CM told me that sometimes, in the case of "some debit cards," their computer system will automatically just apply the incidentals hold at check-in, whereas with other cards the system doesn't automatically do it and the CM's can tell it to apply the hold. Again, I have no clue which debit cards trigger an instant hold and which ones don't.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
yaya74
Mouseketeer

I used to work for Enterprise. All rental car company would place a temporary "hold" on the renter's credit card. The hold is usually $400 or double the amount of the whole rental cost. The hold will be cancelled when the car is returned. I believe you can rent a card using a debit card that has visa or master card logo on it. But you will have to contact your bank what will happen when a hold is placed on your debit/credit card.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
nikkislaght
DIS Veteran

We stay at the Wordmark on Katella and right next door is Hertz, I only have a visa debit card and they are happy to rent a car to me... they would do a quick check and they would charge more on the day and then refund when car is returned without incident...
nikkislaght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #19
larina
DIS Veteran

Last year at PPH we paid everything in cash and they still took a CC for incidentals. Maybe because it was a suite and we had concierge? Hmmm.

To the OP, everyone is talking Debit Cards, but you didn't say anything about one. I'm thinking you need to deal in cash only, right?

Some Enterprise locations in Northern California will take cash for car rental, but they want your pay stub and employment verification. I'm not sure that Southern California locations would do this though.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #20
Jacie
Disney Obsessed!

Enterprise will let you pay with a debit card or cash (plus a deposit) as long as you can show a return ticket. I would look into getting a prepaid visa card to make it a bit easier on you.
2011- May- Star Wars Weekends- Just Daddy and Mommy! First WDW trip for Mommy!
2011- November- All Star Movies- First WDW trip for the kids, first resort stay!
2012- October- Flying back to the West Coast to go to Disneyland! Can't wait to be back to my home park!
2013- May- Star Wars Weekends- Just Daddy and Mommy again!
2013- September- Family trip back to WDW for MNSSHP! Staying in the LM area at AoA!

Jacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #21
AZwldcats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I don't remember the exact total of the incidentals charge but I don't think it was any higher than $50. I was told by one CM that it is supposed to be a certain percentage of the hotel rate (not sure if they meant a percentage of one night, or a percentage of the entire bill), but it usually turns out to be about $50.

I was also told that in the case of certain debit cards, the hold placed on the card for incidentals stays there a few days longer than with other debit cards. Some debit cards will see the hold removed immediately upon check-out, while others will see it removed a few days after check-out. I have no clue which cards get the faster removal and which ones don't.

And one particular CM told me that sometimes, in the case of "some debit cards," their computer system will automatically just apply the incidentals hold at check-in, whereas with other cards the system doesn't automatically do it and the CM's can tell it to apply the hold. Again, I have no clue which debit cards trigger an instant hold and which ones don't.
Thank You...

AZwldcats is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: