Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
zenjenn
Earning My Ears

IoA Newbie - Help!

Any tips? Not staying on site, no early entry, and as of now, not seeing Express Pass as worth it as very few of the attractions it covers are priorities for us.

We are doing IoA on October 10th (Wednesday) and our party = HUGE Harry Potter fans. I am reading to do HP at night but I think our heads would all explode with anxiety risking leaving "so little time" for Harry Potter.

What am I looking at in terms of running to Ollivander's right after the 9 am opening, and then to Forbidden Journey & Hippogryph? We'd then leave HP and come back at night for 3 Broomsticks dinner and browsing around and for the adults to do the dragon coaster.

And is Spiderman after lunch masochistic?

My plan so far:

Arrive as early as possible (30-45 minutes before opening?)
Ollivander's
Forbidden Journey
Hippogryph
Suessland
Poseidon's Fury
Lunch at Mythos
Spiderman

then meander counterclockwise through the islands doing "whatever" having all our "must dos" done

With the plan of getting back to WWoHP by around 5 for dinner at the Three Broomsticks and just spending the last 2 hrs enjoying HP as much as we can until park closing.

Doable plan?
zenjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjenn View Post
Any tips? Not staying on site, no early entry, and as of now, not seeing Express Pass as worth it as very few of the attractions it covers are priorities for us.

We are doing IoA on October 10th (Wednesday) and our party = HUGE Harry Potter fans. I am reading to do HP at night but I think our heads would all explode with anxiety risking leaving "so little time" for Harry Potter.

What am I looking at in terms of running to Ollivander's right after the 9 am opening, and then to Forbidden Journey & Hippogryph? We'd then leave HP and come back at night for 3 Broomsticks dinner and browsing around and for the adults to do the dragon coaster.

And is Spiderman after lunch masochistic?

My plan so far:

Arrive as early as possible (30-45 minutes before opening?)
Ollivander's
Forbidden Journey
Hippogryph
Suessland
Poseidon's Fury
Lunch at Mythos
Spiderman

then meander counterclockwise through the islands doing "whatever" having all our "must dos" done

With the plan of getting back to WWoHP by around 5 for dinner at the Three Broomsticks and just spending the last 2 hrs enjoying HP as much as we can until park closing.

Doable plan?
Good plan - especially being at gate 45 minutes before opening. Lunch at Mythos may be much later than you think based on how long your plan takes to get done. You may not be looking to eat again at 5P. Spiderman after lunch - no problem. You could always grab something in CityWalk at the end of your day.

Should be a nice day crowd wise! Have fun.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
zenjenn
Earning My Ears

We actually have a lunch res at Mythos at 11:45. Worst case we can save the non-Hp for after lunch.

How long for Ollivander's/FJ/Hippogryph in the morning you think?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
We actually have a lunch res at Mythos at 11:45. Worst case we can save the non-Hp for after lunch.

How long for Ollivander's/FJ/Hippogryph in the morning you think?
OK in that case you may have to save Seuss landing for after lunch and definitely PF. It's all going to depend on the crowds so you will just have to wait and see. That and how much time you take in between the rides just taking it all in.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
lwelch
Earning My Ears

Wow! This is totally my plan and on the same day! I almost had a double take to see if I asked this question. Except we are not eating at Mythos.

My daughter...huge HP fan! She wants to do Ollivanders first too.

Maybe we will see you there.
lwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
zenjenn
Earning My Ears

How fun would that be? You can't miss us. We are 2 families traveling together with 4 blonde girls that all look like they are related - all blonde and wearing glasses, ages 7-12. If you see a plump mom with brown frizzy hair that looks out of place with the lot of them, that's me! I'll respond to Zenjenn.

My plan is to skip the "taking it all in" of Harry Potter and leave that for the evening when there's no pressure and (reportedly) fewer crowds.

Had to do Mythos. All 4 of these girls are big Mythology/Percy Jackson fans as well so it kind of goes hand in hand.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
AJA
DIS Veteran

I think you have a great plan. The castle walk through is an attraction in itself, especially for huge fans, even if the posted wait is long it wont "seem" that bad so def do Ollivanders first if it's a must do, the Ollivanders line is boring lol.

Have a great trip!
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
mickeysmith
Mouseketeer

We will see you there, too! It is my daughter's 12th birthday!! Hopefully, we can get into 3 Broomsticks to celebrate! We (5 of us) will be in maroon MUGGLE shirts! (When we wore them last, IoA did not sell this style. We got them from mugglenet. Now I hear they are for sale in the parks, just look differently!) I think we may hit Ollivander's first, as well! I love to spend time in the castle line! See you all there! The countdown is on!!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
lwelch
Earning My Ears

Quote:
How fun would that be? You can't miss us. We are 2 families traveling together with 4 blonde girls that all look like they are related - all blonde and wearing glasses, ages 7-12. If you see a plump mom with brown frizzy hair that looks out of place with the lot of them, that's me! I'll respond to Zenjenn.

My plan is to skip the "taking it all in" of Harry Potter and leave that for the evening when there's no pressure and (reportedly) fewer crowds.

Had to do Mythos. All 4 of these girls are big Mythology/Percy Jackson fans as well so it kind of goes hand in hand.
How fun! I will definitely look for you. I have a DS-7 and DD-9 brown headed. But we will be dressed to support Harry Potter, especially DD-HUGE fan! Don't know if I will be able to pull them out of HP World to see anything else. lol! But we will eventually.
lwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #10
Dizisfun
Mouseketeer

At some point during the day the Hogwarts Choir comes out and sings. The kids will enjoy this.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: