DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

I am an uber planner and this sounds like something right up my alley.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #17
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

I think we would like this during F&W festival. We used to get FP for Soarin' first thing in the morning and then use them when we had a break between seminars. Now we won't be able to do that (I suspect the stars will rarely align), but if we could book FP for those breaks, it would be almost the same....
Tamar is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 01:19 AM   #18
Sammie
DIS Veteran

They were selected from Magical Express bookings. So yes some DVC members were included. I feel NextPass will be a love or hate situation. I personally am fine with it.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
I tried it, and while using them is easy enough, all it did was stress me out. Have to try to balance FP with ADR. Just to much planing. I personally do not like this at all. We even had two last min additions to our res, and while they were able to participate, they could not get any of the FP we had. Vacation is supposed to be stress free. Now Disney wants me to plan my meals 6 months early, and now pick what rides I want and when. Next thing you know they will ask me to plan my restroom stop. So I am not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I'm quite sure I would feel the same way! I no longer make ADRs for that very reason, and I certainly do not want to plan my touring days that far ahead. It takes all the fun and spontaneity out of a trip. HATE that they are doing this.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #20
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
I'm quite sure I would feel the same way! I no longer make ADRs for that very reason, and I certainly do not want to plan my touring days that far ahead. It takes all the fun and spontaneity out of a trip. HATE that they are doing this.
I am not sure what this new Fast Pass system is that is being tested, but if you have to pick your rides in advance of your trip, I don't think I would like it either. We usually don't decide on what park to go to until that day.

I stopped making ADRs also because I didn't want to have to watch the clock. So now we just go to counter service, or if I really want a sit down I call that day and see if I can get in, that has worked out for us so far.
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #21
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
They were selected from Magical Express bookings. So yes some DVC members were included. I feel NextPass will be a love or hate situation. I personally am fine with it.
I'm looking foward to the new Fastpass+. I have it planned out which parks I'm going to be in each day (passed on crowd level ratings), so it shouldn't be a problem. Plus my wife doesn't like to hit the parks till the afternoon which can sometimes make it hard to get normal fastpasses.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #22
pmcpmc

Bite Me I'm Irish

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
I'm looking foward to the new Fastpass+. I have it planned out which parks I'm going to be in each day (passed on crowd level ratings), so it shouldn't be a problem. Plus my wife doesn't like to hit the parks till the afternoon which can sometimes make it hard to get normal fastpasses.
I am an afternooner as well
pmcpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #23
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcpmc View Post
I am an afternooner as well
I'm with the two of you. Unless we're there with a first-timer who wants to get the most out of their tickets and we're forced to alter our touring style, we don't usually head to a park until after the heat breaks in the afternoon. It's all about the pool or a nice restaurant for us in the mornings and early afternoon. I don't think I've ever seen the Toy Story Mania fastpass machines open in my life.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #24
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by westjones View Post
I am not sure what this new Fast Pass system is that is being tested, but if you have to pick your rides in advance of your trip, I don't think I would like it either. We usually don't decide on what park to go to until that day.

I stopped making ADRs also because I didn't want to have to watch the clock. So now we just go to counter service, or if I really want a sit down I call that day and see if I can get in, that has worked out for us so far.
Well we don't do ADRs anymore, but we DO still do table service. We find we can almost always get a spot by showing up at the podium right at opening time. We do this all the time at Teppan Edo, Artist Point, Jiko, and Sanaa.

Quote:
Unless we're there with a first-timer who wants to get the most out of their tickets and we're forced to alter our touring style, we don't usually head to a park until after the heat breaks in the afternoon. It's all about the pool or a nice restaurant for us in the mornings and early afternoon.
We are definitely NOT first timers, but I prefer to do the parks when crowds are less and waits are short. That's why we do the parks in the morning and get out of there around noon when the crowds are picking up. We tend to spend the afternoons back at the villa and then go out again for dinner in the evening and maybe Epcot just because it's always open later than the other parks on those slower times of year when we are usually there.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #25
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

At this point we are rather scheduled in advance so it would work out for us.

How soon in advance are people being chosen for this experience? A month before? Two weeks? We would love to have that opportunity!

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #26
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE4DISNEY View Post
At this point we are rather scheduled in advance so it would work out for us.

How soon in advance are people being chosen for this experience? A month before? Two weeks? We would love to have that opportunity!
We received an invitation in the mail to participate in the trial 1 week before our September 15th arrival. I immediately signed up via the web, and we received our Fastpass cards in the mail (via Priority Mail) 2 days before we left.

We loved it! We didn't feel "over-scheduled" at all. We planned to be in the MK on our last day, anyway, so by having fastpasses for 4 rides already reserved, it cut out a lot of criss crossing the park. I would definitely use Fastpass + again.
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #27
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan1972 View Post
We received an invitation in the mail to participate in the trial 1 week before our September 15th arrival. I immediately signed up via the web, and we received our Fastpass cards in the mail (via Priority Mail) 2 days before we left.

We loved it! We didn't feel "over-scheduled" at all. We planned to be in the MK on our last day, anyway, so by having fastpasses for 4 rides already reserved, it cut out a lot of criss crossing the park. I would definitely use Fastpass + again.

Awesome, so we could still be candidates!! I will be crossing my fingers and eagerly watching my mailbox!! . Thanks for the info!

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #28
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

There's no way to predict the weather 6 months in advance! My luck would be everytime I pick a ride time for BTMRR it will pour rain!!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #29
A&M's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE4DISNEY View Post
Awesome, so we could still be candidates!! I will be crossing my fingers and eagerly watching my mailbox!! . Thanks for the info!
The current trial ended on Sept. 24th. There was been no word of any future trials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
There's no way to predict the weather 6 months in advance! My luck would be everytime I pick a ride time for BTMRR it will pour rain!!!
As PP stated, you choose the fastpass attractions you wish to visit 1 week in advance of your trip. Perhaps you are confusing this with ADRs, which are available to be booked 180 days in advance of your trip.
A&M's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #30
JLitfin
love Disney

When is disney planning on starting this new fastpass + system for all visitors if the system is approved, we have a trip planned for the beginning of November.

JLitfin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: