Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!

I'm pretty sure this is a repeat complaint...

And I'm pretty sure that I was the one who complained about it- but why WHY WHY won't manufacturers make size 30x34 in men's pants???? My kid can't be the only tall, skinny, lanky kid out there!

I am trying to get my DS17 a new pair of black pants for homecoming on Saturday. I've been around town looking, and have come up empty handed. I've looked on line, and not even Dockers makes 30x34!

He needs a slim fit, flat front- something updated so it doesn't look like he is wearing his grandfather's pants.

I ended up ordering from Lands' End- their tailored fit- and just praying they arrive by Saturday. I am taking a chance on their free shipping. If they don't make it, he'll have to wear his old faded black pants. Unfortunately, he is wearing a black shirt and a silver tie- his girlfriend's choice- so the blacks really should match...
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcyinPA View Post
And I'm pretty sure that I was the one who complained about it- but why WHY WHY won't manufacturers make size 30x34 in men's pants???? My kid can't be the only tall, skinny, lanky kid out there!

I am trying to get my DS17 a new pair of black pants for homecoming on Saturday. I've been around town looking, and have come up empty handed. I've looked on line, and not even Dockers makes 30x34!

He needs a slim fit, flat front- something updated so it doesn't look like he is wearing his grandfather's pants.

I ended up ordering from Lands' End- their tailored fit- and just praying they arrive by Saturday. I am taking a chance on their free shipping. If they don't make it, he'll have to wear his old faded black pants. Unfortunately, he is wearing a black shirt and a silver tie- his girlfriend's choice- so the blacks really should match...
I get DS's pants from Penney's and I swear I can never find his 30x32 but never have a hard time finding the 30x34. The sales associates must see us and say lets hid her "son's" size!
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

Have you tried Haggar brand at JcPenney? They sell it at Kohls as well, but I think they have extended sizes.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:

I did LE's free shipping once for swimsuits and I missed them in time for my vacation.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

Kohls has them on line, don't know whether they are in the store or not.

I wish you luck because I have a bean pole also and anticipate the same problem in another year.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
mjantz
DIS Veteran

My son wears a 28x34. I managed to find him a pair of flat front black dress Wranglers at a thrift store. My best luck has been at Western wear stores. Even Wrangler has branched out into different cuts & rinses. They aren't all dark boot cuts.
mjantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hear you. I have TWO 28X32 sons, that are having to use belts to cinch in those 32 in waists! It's really not attractive, and they always have to wear a jacket when dressing up, because the pants look so weird.

Older son is always going to have this problem, I'm afraid. He only weight 103 and he's 5'7". Younger son may grow out of it a little.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

Agreed...always very frustrated when shopping for my sons pants.

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
zurgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
Debbie7452
Aspires to be a Tag Fairy
Official Race Team Manager

Western stores do have longer pants for skinny guys to go down over their boots. My DH when we met needed a 29X36!!
Debbie7452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

I had problems with men's 29x32. Always.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

I've posted this before too. My DS16 wears 26x28. American Eagle is the only place that carries them. Maybe one other place on line.

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Nancy for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #12
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning
I have been known to eat cookies for dinner
Grew up on Stove Top Stuffing

Try finding 30 x 34. My 6 foot 3 140 lb kid has a hard time. He can do 32's but he needs a belt or to shove in his shirts.

Try Kohls or Burlington Coat Factory.
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #13
Fly4free
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I hear you. I have TWO 28X32 sons, that are having to use belts to cinch in those 32 in waists! It's really not attractive, and they always have to wear a jacket when dressing up, because the pants look so weird.

Older son is always going to have this problem, I'm afraid. He only weight 103 and he's 5'7". Younger son may grow out of it a little.

My ds is 5'9" and weighs 109 because he gained "some weight" recently. I feel sorry for his JROTC instructor, took the entire class time to find my son a pair of cammo pants that would fit him.......finally they just said well you better just wear a belt.

There's a valid reason my son likes to wear shorts year round.
Fly4free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Clearly a conspiracy. Stores here always have 30 x 34, never have 40 x 32.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #15
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

I feel for you. My size is 31x33!!! Just as hard to find. I have to adjust style to fit, normally I have to size up and wear a belt, so I get stuck 32x34. Not all of us Americans are large. LOL
WDW Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: