Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

We're planning on going this December with our DD who will be almost 3. I'll also be about 7 months pregnant. I went once before when I was 4 months pregnant in August. I admit I was bummed because DH got to ride all of the fun rides while I sat out. This trip, however is for our DD since she has never been. I plan on taking it really slow! I also know we'll be able to go back in another year or two.
I work out (yoga and walk 5-6 days a week) so I feel I'm up to the walking. It'll also be nice to be at Disney for the holidays when it's not disgusting outside.
It's honestly up to you.
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
amandaluvsgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:40 AM   #17
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Since you're not flying, you should be able to make the decision fairly close to the last minute. Wait and see how you feel at 5 or 6 months. Every pregnancy is different, so you could be completely miserable, or even on bed rest by 7 months.
If you opt to go after the baby is born, do the same thing. Some babies are super easy to deal with, while others are not.

That said, we canceled a trip when we started trying for our first, because we wanted to save money. We should have just gone, because it was our last opportunity to vacation before we had kids.
We then took our son when he was 3 months old, which was a perfectly lovely trip, but we had a baby in tow, and since it was just us, we skipped a lot of attractions, because we didn't want to ride alone.

Ultimately, I would do whatever worked for my family. We took the trip with the 3 month old, because we were facing 2 years without Disney.
Now I'm considering taking a trip in a few months, and we're trying for our second, so I may be pregnant. I doubt I'd be willing to go on a trip in my 7th month, especially with a toddler.
POFQ Apr 13-20 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #18
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

I've never been 7 months pregnant, but I've traveled with infants, and it's about the easiest age to travel with kids.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #19
verbiosa
Earning My Ears

After talking with DH, I'm still not sure what we're going to do. lol We might end up going a little early while I still have energy. I walk about four miles a day right now, and think I'll still have enough energy for Disney at least through the next few months.

Lots of ideas and options, and we appreciate hearing them. Thanks.
verbiosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #20
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

Personally, I would wait for the reasons already mentioned: Potential premature birth, being uncomfortable, traveling there and not being able to move around much, etc.

I'm going to be pregnant on this trip, but only two months along, so I'm planning on taking it easy. I would much rather go with an infant than go during the last half of the third trimester.

Actually, I would rather go with an infant than with a toddler!

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #21
megan10310
Mouseketeer

We took dd when she was 8 weeks. It was great. We have two other kids that were 4 & 2 and everyone had a blast. I would not want to go 7 months pregnant, but of you are walking 4 miles every day, maybe it would be nbd for you. I just wouldn't want to miss out on riding, bc I love the rides.

First Family Disney Trip!!! March 2010

Can't Wait! Next Trip - February 2013!
megan10310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #22
tkd27
Earning My Ears

Two things: my wife was 4 months pregnant on our first trip and she hated it. She didn't walk a lot prior to the trip, though, so you be better off than her. You'll be at a point where any morning sickness should be gone, which is also good (my wife was still getting sick a lot, even though it was into the second trimester).

Second point, which no one brings up when talking about an infant at Disney - maybe I was just a worrier, but I didn't even like brining my infant to tag sales in the hot sun. There is no sun screen that a baby can use, and their skin is so fare, it just terrified me. I couldn't imagine having an infant at Disney. I don't know how I would do it. That said, you've got a lot more experience than me with infants (our only one is just 4 months now), so you should trust your own judgement on it, but I thought it was a point worth mentioning.
tkd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #23
Pollyanna Poppins
DIS Veteran

I've been 6.5 months pregnant with little ones in tow and had a great time. I did have to sit out many rides due to restrictions. I think it's a nice family memory before the new baby is born. Waiting later is not the end of the world either but I wouldn't want to bring a baby younger than 3 months (just a personal decision). The thing I love about Disney is each child will appreciate different things at various ages. Every time we go it's a new adventure and I love that! You'll have a great vacation no matter which you decide and congratulations on your new blessing!!
Pollyanna Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: