Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
MommaLuman
Earning My Ears

What to expect for thanksgiving?

We have our first thanksgiving trip planned for nov 17-24. We have always gone during late May and spring break( big mistake). I know it will be crowded but worst than spring break do you think?? We can make the best of it I'm sure. Just wondering what to expect. So excited about Christmas decorations!!
MommaLuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

We went last Thanksgiving Week from the Sat before to the Sat after. We did not find the ride wait times too bad at all. The only bad thing is there is no MVMCP that week and the MK tree is not up. We loved the trees and decorations at the parks and also took some time to resort hop to see the decorations at the MK resorts and the BC,YC, and BW. The day we arrived we got to see the Osbourne Lights which were spectacular! We spent Thanksgiving at AK. The first night of Candlelight Processional is the day after Thanksgiving so we got to experience that as well. We did the dinner package. We had such an amazing trip! Where are you staying?
CynBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
knottmel1
Mouseketeer

We are booked for the same week. It's not supposed to be terribly busy until the 21st. We are going in a little early so we can attend the MVMCP on the 16th. They will have the decorations up, so that's a bonus!

knottmel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

This will be our family's 5th trip during Thanksgiving - we arrive a little later in the week -Thanksgiving Eve until the following Wednesday.
Crowds will pick up on the Eve until Saturday It will be crowded but manageable and as far as what to pack be prepared for anything - it could be cold or it can be warm (like last year 84-86 degrees) Even though you wont be there for MVMCP you will still be able to see the Candleight Procession which starts on Black Friday and Osbourne Lights at DHS and make sure you take the time to see the decoration at the resorts!!!

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: