Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
kajs22
Mother extraordinaire, friends call me wonder woman, grew up in South Florida and trying to get back.

5:2 Fast dieters

Anyone following the 5:2 fast diet? I have been following off and on for about 7months and I just started again. Looking for others doing the same. What do you eat on your fasting days? How much are you working out? How much have you lost?
Old 10-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

I have been. Alzheimer's runs in our family and it fascinated me. I was running but tore my knee his summer:/. Should be swimming but I hate cold and wet!

I tend to save my fasting meal until dinner and my husband and I go out for a soup date night. Soups are always my go to though.

I haven't really lost because I really didn't have any I needed to lose. But I guess I have hit menopause and not gained though.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

A lot of people on My Fitness Pal do it. I think it is a great way to do calorie restriction if it works well for you. It doesn't for me. I get to the point where I want to murder people. It is not pretty.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #4
kajs22
Mother extraordinaire, friends call me wonder woman, grew up in South Florida and trying to get back.

Granny square - I am curious about a fasting soup meal? I usually do it for an entire day twice per week restricting to 500 calories over the entire day. I feel hungry, but, it is not that difficult to do. I am not obese - just need to lose about 10 or 15lbs and don't want to add any hibernation weight this winter. Do you follow a different program?
Old 10-03-2013, 04:54 AM   #5
kajs22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
A lot of people on My Fitness Pal do it. I think it is a great way to do calorie restriction if it works well for you. It doesn't for me. I get to the point where I want to murder people. It is not pretty.
Lol - I find it is not too bad when breaking up the days and I have a few recipes and snacks to tide me over pretty well. Eating soup, drinking tea or cups of bullion help
Old 10-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

My Dad does it, he loves it. He lost about 10 lbs, probably has about 10 more to go. On his fasting days, he eats vegetarian, whole foods. Mostly vegetables due to the strict calorie restrictions. He FEELS so much healthier following this way of eating.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Happyjen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
luvmy3jewels
DIS Veteran

I tried the 5/2 fast diet, but it exacerbated the problems I had been having with reflux so I had to stop.

On fasting days I tried to stick with mostly vegetables to keep the calories down. Green beans, basic salads with a minimum amount of dressing, broccoli, asparagus, squash were all great foods that helped fill me up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: