DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
Tinker74
I had goosebumps with the opening credits
i must admit i raised my eyebrow only slightly at HASH

A renting points from ms question.

Hi...I only have 15 points in my 2012 user year after have a blow out this year on a fantasic 1 bed theme park view at BLT

In december I will be able to borrow from my Dec2013 year (320 points) so making a total of 335 points available to me to book in January for my July vacation.
However I need 339 points!

I know I can buy one time use points from mS for $15pp and I will need 4 of them...BUT can i buy them for my first stay (hopefully VWL July 13-17) and not my second stay (hopefully BWV July 20-28)

The BWV is more important to me so I would prefer to be online booking it exact 7 months out and I understand that buying the extra points would require a phone call to mS instead of booking online??

So can I call MS to make my first VWL ressie instead and buy the extra 4 then?

Thanks..
Old 09-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker74 View Post
Hi...I only have 15 points in my 2012 user year after have a blow out this year on a fantasic 1 bed theme park view at BLT

In december I will be able to borrow from my Dec2013 year (320 points) so making a total of 335 points available to me to book in January for my July vacation.
However I need 339 points!

I know I can buy one time use points from mS for $15pp and I will need 4 of them...BUT can i buy them for my first stay (hopefully VWL July 13-17) and not my second stay (hopefully BWV July 20-28)

The BWV is more important to me so I would prefer to be online booking it exact 7 months out and I understand that buying the extra points would require a phone call to mS instead of booking online??

So can I call MS to make my first VWL ressie instead and buy the extra 4 then?

Thanks..
You can borrow 2013 points for a stay 12/1/12 to 11/30/13. You can do that now, you don't have to wait until December.
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
Tinker74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
You can borrow 2013 points for a stay 12/1/12 to 11/30/13. You can do that now, you don't have to wait until December.
Thanks...But I dont need to use them till jan anyway (7 months out from July) I will still be 4 points short even when I have borrowed everything available to me to borrow.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
butsy113
AKV Owner

I was wanting to know this too. Need 4 points for my January 2014 trip, and need to book quickly because of the marathon. Thanks for asking!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
drusba

DIS Veteran

You can purchase the one-time points for the VWL portion of the trip over the phone either before or after you book on-line just using only your own points for the BWV portion of the trip.

As to that time in July, be aware that you may have difficulty getting boardwalk or standard view even if you try to book at 8 a.m. 7 months out but you should have no problem getting pool/garden view (for that time in July 2012, pool/garden view studios through 2BRs were still available at six months out).
Old 09-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
disney4rfamily
Mouseketeer

Just want to make sure you realize that your 7 month window for a July trip opens in December, not January. I would hate to see you miss that extra month's booking advantage!
disney4rfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #7
Tinker74

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4rfamily View Post
Just want to make sure you realize that your 7 month window for a July trip opens in December, not January. I would hate to see you miss that extra month's booking advantage!
Yikes!...Thanks for pointing that out!..That could have been a disaster......
Old 09-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #8
Tinker74

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
You can purchase the one-time points for the VWL portion of the trip over the phone either before or after you book on-line just using only your own points for the BWV portion of the trip.

As to that time in July, be aware that you may have difficulty getting boardwalk or standard view even if you try to book at 8 a.m. 7 months out but you should have no problem getting pool/garden view (for that time in July 2012, pool/garden view studios through 2BRs were still available at six months out).
Thanks!....Do I have to wait till exact 7 months out to make the call to MS to purchase the points or can i buy them before 7 months but not use them till 7 months?
Old 09-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker74 View Post
Thanks!....Do I have to wait till exact 7 months out to make the call to MS to purchase the points or can i buy them before 7 months but not use them till 7 months?
You have to purchase them as part of the booking process for the reservation during which they'll be used. You can't just call and have them added to your account.

You can only have one purchase of one-time-use points in a use year, so make sure you've done your math correctly. You wouldn't be able to purchase any more for the second trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: