Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

how do I book Magical express and other questions

Hi,
I have never used the magical express. How do I book it? Is it worth it or should I rent a car? It's just me and my husband. We don't really need the car. Our flight gets in about 1030pm on a Wed and we fly home around 5pm on a Sun. Will we have time for the morning at a park? Could we keep the luggage at our hotel? We are at the Beach Club. Thanks!
Boardwalk Port Orleans French Quarter Art of Animation
Upcoming: Dolphin

And this is for DD...
Moomduck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomduck1
Hi,
I have never used the magical express. How do I book it? Is it worth it or should I rent a car? It's just me and my husband. We don't really need the car. Our flight gets in about 1030pm on a Wed and we fly home around 5pm on a Sun. Will we have time for the morning at a park? Could we keep the luggage at our hotel? We are at the Beach Club. Thanks!
There is a sticky at the top of the Transportation board.

It is definitely worth it. Arriving after 10 pm, you will have to grab your luggage at baggage claim, but there is a map in the packet.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
sndral
DIS Veteran

Part of the vacation for me is not having to drive. Since you are staying @ BC you are a quick walk into Epcot and a stroll or boat ride over to DHS, so I'd save the money and not bother w/ a rental car - just spend a little time researching the Disney bus/boat/monorail system.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2573200

RE: DME - just call the DME number and tell them your flight numbers,
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pla...rport-service/
you'll get the yellow tags and vouchers in the mail - don't put the tags on your bags, tho' as your arrival flight is too late for that, as noted above.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

The day you check out ME will take you to the airport about 3 hours prior to your flight. That morning you can check out, go to the ME desk at your resort and give them your bags (they will give you your boarding passes) and go to a park. Then, they will tell you what time you need to return to your resort to board ME for the airport
Old 09-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceemouse
The day you check out ME will take you to the airport about 3 hours prior to your flight. That morning you can check out, go to the ME desk at your resort and give them your bags (they will give you your boarding passes) and go to a park. Then, they will tell you what time you need to return to your resort to board ME for the airport
Actually to check luggage to go back to the airport, that is RAC and is not operated by ME; it is operated by BAGS.

You also have to be on a participating airline; OP, you will get tons of great information on the transportation.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: