Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #16
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

LOL, we took our kids( 11 and almost 13) to Mötley Crüe and Kiss Friday night. My husband loves Kiss, so my kids have grown up listening to them. They had a great time.
Lots of people we knew were there, but no one we knew brought their kids..however in our row alone there were about 7 kids.
Their first concert was when thy were 6 and 8, took them to MY favorite, Springsteen.
They also went to an American Idol concert (the year Adam Lambert won) and my daughter(my older one) has gone to see Taylor Swift and Kesha&Rhianna with my best friend.

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
Pooh Girl 71
Good looking, half naked men and choreagraphed violence....what's not to love?
Biting back is the only thing that I have ever seen work
the presidents must all be facing forward

I went to see KISS & Motley Crue twice this summer. I have never seen so many children at a concert in my life!! KISS was my favorite band as a child in the 70's and Crue has been my favorite band since I was 12. So, this concert was high priority for me. I spent what I considered a small fortune for concert tickets to the VA Beach show. ($250 each and we were in the 2nd row). Some of the KISS Army members where sitting right next to me and they paid over $1200 each for KISS meet and greet. Plus they left during most of Crue's set. Most of the kids didn't even look like they enjoyed it.
Pooh Girl 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #18
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by castleview View Post
No….I was just surprised how many people my age were still going to see KISS…and taking junior high age kids with them. I figured some would have said "Yeah, I don't think so Mom" Would have been like me going to see Cher with my mother.
We saw Kiss Saturday night- its my daughters third time seeing them- first time was 5th grade, then 6th and now 8th. She knows all their songs and we saw a bunch of kids from her school there too. They put on a great show- we saw aerosmith this year too since she is a big steven tyler fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
Shoot, who can afford for the family to go to concerts nowadays? The cost is so high concerts aren't even on my radar anymore. I'm even having to give up on Broadway South touring shows.
Yea the tickets are expensive. We had decent seats, not the most expensive by far and they were 330.00 for the pair.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #19
shoney
DIS Veteran

we took our kids (then 10 and 12) last summer to see lynyrd skynyrd/doobie brothers at Jones Beach Theatre on Long Island. We got the tix very cheap and my ds12's favorite song when he was little was "Free Bird". We figured, why not!
But....
I just thought that the no smoking in the theatre was for anything, apparantly it didn't apply to "doobies".
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #20
*JoGo*
DIS Veteran

I would take my 12 yr old if he was interested and the tickets weren't really expensive. I went to a couple concerts this summer at The House of Blues and if my sons were interested, I would've taken them. But they think my music is just awful and omg my ears are bleeding ahhhhh make it stop. I feel the same way about the music they like... But when the rare song we both like comes up on the iPod in the car, I make sure I sing extra loud.... Just to say hey, you like a song I like neener neener neener.
I'm mature like that.

However... On a school night... I don't think so.
*JoGo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
I am going to a free concert on Sat night. It is a LED ZEPP tribute band.
Celebration Day?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #22
Gumbo4x4

DW went to Bon Jovi with her mom 20-some years ago. She's hoping he's still playing long enough that she can take DD to see him some day

Oh, and our 6th grader doesn't have a phone either
Old 09-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #23
quentina
The bridge has been built and crossed
Old cups are just that.......old cups

[QUOTE=castleview;46251081]the KISS concert last night. And as much as I loved KISS when I was nine, I'm not sorry!!!![/QUOTE

My kid had a great time.....Kiss was good BUT, Crue....oh man....I wore my Mrs. Nikki SIxx shirt so, you know who my man is.

22 years ago my DH and I met at a Kiss, Winger and Slaughter concert. It is great to share with the kids!
quentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #24
DeaverTex
Smelling like a horse doesn't make you a cavalryman
I'd wear a pair. I might even be able to get Mrs. Tex to wear some
I need to provide sufficient background in every post to make sense

Add another vote for "off my radar screen" regarding concert costs these days. BUT, that's just the headliner pop groups, and the refugees from the 70's and 80's. Our favorite bands have VERY reasonable concert prices, often in the $30-$40 dollar range. Of course, there aren't any seats, but how can you bounce sitting down anyhow?

Deaver Tex Mrs. Tex Tex Jr.

7-10 October 2012 - POR
Nothing else planned right now.

DeaverTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 AM   #25
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
Oh, and our 6th grader doesn't have a phone either
That is really rare around here- our school goes on a 7th grade overnight trip and one of the things they recommend that your child brings is their cell phone. They don't let them use it on the bus but they give them to the kids when they get off the bus because they want them to have a phone in case they get seperated from the group and need to call the teachers. Only one parent at the meeting said that their child doesn't have a cell phone out of the 250 kids.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #26
Gumbo4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgail2 View Post
That is really rare around here- our school goes on a 7th grade overnight trip and one of the things they recommend that your child brings is their cell phone. They don't let them use it on the bus but they give them to the kids when they get off the bus because they want them to have a phone in case they get seperated from the group and need to call the teachers. Only one parent at the meeting said that their child doesn't have a cell phone out of the 250 kids.
6th grade is the final year of elementary school here, plus my wife works at the school. So, she really has no need for a phone at this point. However, DD will have a phone by next year when she's in middle school (maybe by December 26th ). But yeah, a lot of her friends have 'em already.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #27
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castleview View Post
No….I was just surprised how many people my age were still going to see KISS…and taking junior high age kids with them. I figured some would have said "Yeah, I don't think so Mom" Would have been like me going to see Cher with my mother.
I have a Jr High aged kid. I totally would have went but more to see Motley Crue because ya know...I still LOVE Motley Crue. And I likely wouldn't have even taken the Jr High-ers.

Of course I'm out seeing live music any chance I can. I've only been to 2 shows this month (and one was a cover band) it's a REALLY slow month.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #28
JVL1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaverTex View Post
Add another vote for "off my radar screen" regarding concert costs these days. BUT, that's just the headliner pop groups, and the refugees from the 70's and 80's. Our favorite bands have VERY reasonable concert prices, often in the $30-$40 dollar range. Of course, there aren't any seats, but how can you bounce sitting down anyhow?

Our Kiss/Crue tickets for Friday night were only $65 each, which was a factor in us deciding to take the kids.
..and shockingly, there was no fee to park, (PNC Arts Center in NJ, I hadn't ever been there), so it wasn't *that* bad.

My girlfriend paid $55 to park for Madonna (Yankee Stadium) a couple weeks ago.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #29
JVL1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
6th grade is the final year of elementary school here, plus my wife works at the school. So, she really has no need for a phone at this point. However, DD will have a phone by next year when she's in middle school (maybe by December 26th ). But yeah, a lot of her friends have 'em already.
My son is in 5th grade,( and I work there)..and he has a cell phone, but it's a waste of money because he so very rarely uses it.
I force him to take it when we're going out so that he can contact us in case we get separated.
So when we went to the concert, he had his phone, when we go into NYC he has his phone. Pretty much the only time he ever uses it is at summer rec when he calls me when he decides to come home (he never stays all day). Otherwise, it sits, dead, in his room. @@

I think starting middle school would have been a better time to give him his. I assume he'll use it then.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: