DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Online Check-in Question

We will be checking in to a Value 2 BR at AKV pretty soon, and then we will be moving to a 2 BR at VWL. My question is if I do online check-in at both resorts, will I get stuck with the parking lot view at AKV and the dumpster view at VWL? I have made a request at VWL (not able to at AKV), but I realize that it's not a guarantee. I'm just wondering if requests are even looked at if I do online check-in. Anyone with experience with this?
Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Email your requests to MS through the member website.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
erionm
DIS Veteran

MS will not take a view request for the Value at AKV. You may be able to get away with requesting an even numbered room (The odd numbers over look the parking lot).

There are only Two 2-Bedroom Values with a Parking Lot View so your odds are 20% (2 out of 10).

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

Last edited by erionm; 09-24-2012 at 08:53 AM.
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Email your requests to MS through the member website.

Bill
MS already has my request for VWL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
MS will not take a view request for the Value at AKV. You may be able to get away with requesting an even numbered room (The odd numbers over look the parking lot).

There are only Two 2-Bedroom Values with a Parking Lot View so your odds are 20% (2 out of 10).

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php
I understand I cannot make a request for a value room at AKV.

I am trying to find out if online check-in (which I have never done) decreases my chance of getting my request.

For example, in December when I checked into a value studio at AKV, they asked if I wanted to be close to the elevator. If I had done online check-in, I would not have been able to even be asked that question. I'm thinking of doing online check-in to save time, but I don't want to be stuck with terrible rooms.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher View Post
I am trying to find out if online check-in (which I have never done) decreases my chance of getting my request.
I don't believe online check-in has any impact on getting requests granted.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
crazybones27
DVC Member

I've been doing online check-in since taking our first trip in 2010. Each time I had a request on our room and each time our requests were met. I know this was just luck, but I do believe they look at the requests when assigning rooms before you arrive. I will say we just returned from a stay earlier this month where it was just my husband and I. I always put requests on our rooms because we have small children and we always seem to get an HA room for some reason. Well since we were traveling without the kids I decided to not put any requests and roll the dice. Wouldn't you know we wound up with an HA room lol, but it was technically and upgrade to a pool view since we booked a Std at BWV.

I don't think you have any better or worse chances doing online check-in with room requests. We always know that no matter what our requests may or may not be met .
crazybones27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones27
I don't think you have any better or worse chances doing online check-in with room requests. We always know that no matter what our requests may or may not be met .
That is correct. Requests made thru online checking or through MS (by phone or e-mailed) are noted on your reservation. The resort room assigners get those requests and start assigning the specific rooms 5 -7 days before arrival. If you have a "must have" request, you should call the resort and ask for the room assignment people.

Just remember that no matter who you call, requests are ALWAYS requests and not guarantees.
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

I have been doing online check-in since it started. Every request has been met. This did not always happen before online check-in.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #9
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Thank you for the responses. I think I will try doing online check-in for this trip. Now my question is how do I go about doing online check-in? I thought it usually pops up on the DVC website within a week of the trip, but I don't even see a link to check-in. Can anyone help?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher View Post
Thank you for the responses. I think I will try doing online check-in for this trip. Now my question is how do I go about doing online check-in? I thought it usually pops up on the DVC website within a week of the trip, but I don't even see a link to check-in. Can anyone help?
Details from the member website:

Quote:
Here's how Online Check-In Service works:
  1. Log into the Member Web site and select "Vacation Details" in the "My Membership" module in the right column of the home page.
  2. You'll see a list of your upcoming vacations. When you are within 10 days of your next Walt Disney World vacation, a link will automatically appear allowing you to access Online Check-In Service.
  3. Complete and submit the check-in form. Once we receive the form, we will send you an e-mail confirmation.
When you arrive at your Disney Vacation Club Resort, you'll find a designated Online Check-In Service location at the Front Desk, so you can get your keys and welcome folder quickly and be on your way.

As a reminder, rooms typically are available for occupancy beginning at 4 p.m. Disney Vacation Club Resorts will try to honor special requests, subject to availability.

You can use Online Check-In Service for all Disney Vacation Club Resorts excluding The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

You can do online check-in upto 10 days before check in. Log on the the member's web-site, go to "View Vacation Details" on the right side, and then any reservations that are within the 10 days has a link that says "Enter/edit check-in information".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: