Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #31
Luliemouse
Mouseketeer

I was at the parks on Sunday, We got there at park opening... Walked on to most everything... I would say it starts getting crowed about 11 am. We walked on to Haunted mansion in the morning.... At 12ish it was already 30 min wait. NUTS... It was too HOT to stay so we ended up leaving at around 2:00.

I think I'm going to start going in the mornings at park opening and leaving around noon.
`·-*
LulieMouse
Disneyland Annual Passholder
Disneyland Resort - Resort stays at DLH, DGCH & DPPH
Walt DisneyWorld - Resort stays at the Poly 2007, DGFH 2009 and CBR 2012 & 2013, DARR 2014.

Disney Cruise Line- Wonder 4 day Bahamian Cruise 2007, Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise 2009, Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise 2011, Wonder Pixar Cruise 2012, Dream 4 day Bahamian Cruise 2013, Disney Magic 5-day & 3-Day Bahamian Cruises March 2014.

Luliemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #32
Aust
DIS Veteran

We're here now, have been here since the 20th - it is definitely more crowded than the same time 5 years ago when we were here. And I think the heat makes it feel worse - I know we are exhausted after just 4 or 5 hours trawling through the crowds in the heat, whereas last January my sister, neice and I managed 9 or 10 hours at a time. The weekend was crazy, I really didn't enjoy myself much at all, Monday and today are better (slightly cooler and less people, but still a lot).
2007 DLR (DLH)
1991 DL Tokyo
Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #33
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust View Post
We're here now, have been here since the 20th - it is definitely more crowded than the same time 5 years ago when we were here. And I think the heat makes it feel worse - I know we are exhausted after just 4 or 5 hours trawling through the crowds in the heat, whereas last January my sister, neice and I managed 9 or 10 hours at a time. The weekend was crazy, I really didn't enjoy myself much at all, Monday and today are better (slightly cooler and less people, but still a lot).
yeah but you cant compare the differences between Jan and Sept....Sept is always a warm month and Jan is usually either cold or nice during the day and cold at night....any time you go somewhere when its really hot you are not going to get as much done as doing it during a cooler month...
Old 09-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #34
CSAColl
Mouseketeer

We've been here since Sunday night. Our two park days, so far, were Monday and Tuesday.
I've not found the crowds overwhelming at all, and the heat has been warmish, but after the awful summer we've had in the PacNW it was very welcome.
Today was actually a great day, we spent the whole day at DCA until 6:30 when we headed over and got a great seat on the parade route at DL. The longest we've waited for anything was Toy Story Mania, and it was about 40 minutes.
CSAColl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #35
fctiger
DIS Veteran

Hey was there for two days this week, Sunday and Monday to see a friend! A TAD busy, but fine! Yes, I imagine its busier than a typical day in September, but nothing was over 30 mins except RSR which jumped to 2 hours on Sunday. But everything else was fine.

And people, I can't stress this enough, this is DLR BIGGEST expansion since DCA opened 12 years ago. Disney is advertising this thing all over the place. NOT just in North America, but also all over the South Pacific, Asia and parts of Europe! There are people ALL over the world coming to see it! My friend came from Australia! In fact we met quite a few Aussies this week which is now their spring time! Its not just Apers, its people everywhere. CL is barely 3 months old, its going to be busier!

And yes, a lot of people did postpone their trips to September from summer, which at the end of the day is not a bad thing. Sure its 'busier' but still less busy than the summer. RSR is basically an hour now. Not bad for the 3-4 hours it had all summer. Of course summer was FINE IMO considering all the ridiculous hype and you got longer hours and a lot more shows to boot.

But yes, not a shock its a little busier. This is a new era for DLR and people all over the world and America is checking it out! Its still relatively slow compared to the high season and if you plan it right you can still do everything you want. And I imagine with Halloween now here, things will only get busier between now and October!

But don't sweat it, you're at Disneyland! Just get there early and enjoy yourselves!
fctiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #36
Mary09
Mouseketeer

Here in Phoenix they're running TV commercials every night for the Halloween stuff.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #37
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fctiger View Post

But don't sweat it, you're at Disneyland! Just get there early and enjoy yourselves!
Amen to that! This is what I always tell myself when I get frustated about something in one of the Disney Parks!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #38
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09
Here in Phoenix they're running TV commercials every night for the Halloween stuff.
Here in northern California too.
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #39
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

I really hope next week (Oct 2, 3, 4) aren't very crowded! EVen though it will be hot, I'm hoping mid-week beginning of October is manageable at least.

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, and on DCL.

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #40
CrazyDuck
DIS Veteran

If you ever have to ask "Why is it so crowded?" just ask yourself "Why did I decide to go now?" and whatever your answer, there are probably 5,000 other people there for the same reason!
CrazyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #41
LizzyS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDuck View Post
If you ever have to ask "Why is it so crowded?" just ask yourself "Why did I decide to go now?" and whatever your answer, there are probably 5,000 other people there for the same reason!
VERY good point.

1st ever trip to Disneyland: November 5th, 2011

2nd trip to Disneyland & California Adventure: February 23rd & 25th-26th, 2013

3rd trip to DLR (on site stay @PPH): February 26th - March 2nd, 2014
LizzyS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: