Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #31
Luv2Scrap
The only way is if you have the Gypsy
Y'all are going to get me in so much trouble with my supervisor!
The new baby was much more interactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
The things that I find to be junk are their own brands. Carters and KitchenAid are reputable brands and the quality is the same wherever you buy them. I've bought jeans at Kohl's, too, that have lasted well. But all my Apt9, Elle, AB Studio dress clothing? All the dress pants and shirts lost their buttons, or the hems unravelled, or they got holes! I have dress clothing from Macy's that seems to last and last, but the dress clothing I get from Kohls seems to never make it through a season or two without me having to perform "surgery" on it!
I just bought some of their Apt 9 towels about two months ago - not the cheapest ones but the bug fluffy "super absorbent" ones. They took many washings to stop leaving lint all over us, and now the sewing on the ends is completely fraying.
Nov '09 Pop - free dining
Aug '10 CSR - Free dining and BCV for our first DVC trip home!
Jan '12 CSR - Free dining
Luv2Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #32
ICF
DIS Veteran

Kohl's is great if you now how to use the system to your advantage and hopefully not go around paying the prices on the tag.

They were selling the new Nike NFL jerseys for $100 (same price as Dicks Sporting Goods -- so not really inflated, at least compared to some other stores). These were not even on sale, and havent been since they became available. $100 was the tag price.

I had a $10 off mens clothing purchase coupon as well as a 30% off.

The jersey came to $63 and I received $10 in Kohls cash.

The $10 in Kohl's cash today was turned into a free pair of Ugg types boots my wife purchased for $10 off of their website -- w/free shipping.

I've never noticed their stuff to be "junk". Most clothes purchased from the kids were outgrown before being worn out. We also have lots of clothes from there that we've worn for multiple seasons as well.
ICF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #33
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I'm guessing that brand name items (KitchenAid, Dyson, Carters, etc) are the same no matter where they're sold, or are you saying they get seconds.

They ARE very overpriced. Often times, their sale price is the original price somewhere else. For example, I bought my little Keurig there, "on sale" for $99.99, which is what it generally sold for regular price elsewhere. I could have gotten it at Bed Bath and Beyond for another 20% off. However, I had a 30% off code, purchased other items I wanted (also for a reasonable price "on sale" plus the 30% off) and got $20 in Kohls cash, which I later used on something I already had in mind that cost $20.

What really irks me about USING the Kohls cash and a code is that they take the Kohls cash off the top, then give the % off, rather than the other way around. Seems to me that the Kohls cash should be used as payment when the final price is determined AFTER the coupon % off.

Having said that, I agree with others about knowing prices. I just got some awesome Carters clothes for my granddaughter starting at $3 each, and I did it without leaving my home (never pay shipping).
I meant their own brands of stuff mostly, though there's a lot of the 'name' stuff that is second-tier at that level, yes.

Like, Calphalon has different tiers of stuff. A Calphalon pot is not the same wherever you buy it - it's going to be a different weight, durability, etc., depending on the product line which differs based on where you got it and what it (basically) cost.

Same as Coach stuff has tiers - the stuff they sell at the outlets isn't the same sold in stores, etc.

I meant mostly their stuff though - it's junky, cheap crap, imo, as noted by others in the thread saying their stuff fell apart or what have you.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #34
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

The thing with Kohls cash and other like programs is, it is only a good deal for those who shop there a lot. For someone like me, I go there maybe twice a year. I just don't need new clothes that often. The do have some good prices on clearance but that is always hit and miss no matter what store you are in.

And I agree, I am no a big fan of the quality of a lot of things there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: