Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

California Adventure - Oct 5 or 6?

We are trying to decide if we should go to CA Friday 10/5 or Sat 10/6 (our only two options). Which will likely be busier? I am not sure - the Halloween party on Friday means that Disneyland will be closing earlier, so everyone who is not going to the party will head over to CA instead. But would it be even busier on Saturday?? Any thoughts or advice much appreciated!!
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Both days will be crowdy but since the Party is held at Disneyland, my guess is during the day, most of the visitors will be at Disneyland to switch at night to California Adventure. That means that daytime, there could be less people at California Adventure...

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Those dates are Gay Days weekend at DLR. Usually the convention shedule has one park for each day, for example DL on Sat. and DCA on Sun. You can check the Gay Days website to see what the schedule is this year. Choosing the opposite park may help you avoid some of the crowds. Also, the party for the 5th is sold out already, so there may be more crowds in DL for the party early hours.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

DL on Sat and DCA on Sun for the Gay Days convention, so I would do the opposite.
KalamityJane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies - we know about Gay Days on Sat and Sun but are just trying to decide which day to go to CA - Friday or Saturday (Oct 5 or 6). We are definitely going to Disneyland on Sunday, but want to go to Carsland either Fri or Sat. We may try for Friday since it is a weekday, even though it sounds like it might get really crowded at night after DL closes for the Halloween party. Can anyone tell me if CA usually gets really packed on nights when there is a Halloween party at DL??
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Mary09
Mouseketeer

I can only tell you what I've read but it's that DCA is very crowded during the halloween parties at DL.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
Mitzicat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlfromTN
Thanks for the replies - we know about Gay Days on Sat and Sun but are just trying to decide which day to go to CA - Friday or Saturday (Oct 5 or 6). We are definitely going to Disneyland on Sunday, but want to go to Carsland either Fri or Sat. We may try for Friday since it is a weekday, even though it sounds like it might get really crowded at night after DL closes for the Halloween party. Can anyone tell me if CA usually gets really packed on nights when there is a Halloween party at DL??
GirlfromTN we will see you there. Friday is the day my sister and I picked to do DCA. We will be doing the happy haunts tour and party in the evening. My sisters first trip to DL so it should be a good weekend. Crowded or not...we will be happy to be there!
Mitzicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #8
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Do you not have park hoppers?? It is best to just hop... we do multiple times a day, zig when the crowds zag...

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We are going to attempt to go to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
traveldiva13
Earning My Ears

You should get the park hopper so you don't have to worry about it. If one gets too busy just switch to the other one
traveldiva13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: