Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
VelvetGloves
Breadstick Fairy>
Enjoys sitting back and watching the Tag Fairy debate, popcorn anyone?
Bob Dole Loves You!

Parking at POFQ When Not On the Reservation

Greetings! I have already tried to find the answer to this using the search function, but I have had no luck.

My parents are vacationing at Disney near the end of October. My husband and I are scheduled to join them about halfway through their trip. When we arrive, we plan to be added on to the reservation, which a castmember told me would be no problem at all when I called today.

After some discussion with my husband, he may let me go a few days earlier, so I can spend the entire week with my parents. (My husband is pretty awesome.) Anyway, if I do that, I'll probably arrive before my parents. They were just planning on adding me on upon their arrival. What are the chances that I can park at POFQ before they arrive, with my name not yet being on the reservation. I'm definitely being added, but we want to wait in case something comes up.

As always, thanks for your help!

VelvetGloves
Old 09-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

If it's only for a couple of hours it shouldn't be a problem. You won't be on the guest list at the guard shack though, so you can't tell him you're checking in. Just tell him that you are visiting the resort and waiting to welcome your parents (which is true). Then park near the main building while you await their arrival. You can eat in the food court, shop or sit and enjoy the sunshine. You won't be able to use the pool until after you are checked in.

When you do check in, ask for a parking pass.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
JJsmama
Becoming an accidental expert on resorts Far from The World!

Once the plans are firm, they should just add you ahead of time. That would be an easy solution. What is the benefit to waiting until arrival?

Contemporary x 5 trips, Polynesian x 4 trips, Beach Club x 2 trip, Wilderness Lodge x 1 trip, Port Orleans R / FQ x 3 trips, All Stars Movies x 1 trip, Tokyo DisneyLand and Tokyo DisneySea x 1 trip, Disney Cruise line x 3 cruises

Animal Kingdom Lodge & Contemporary Here We Come! Summer 2014
JJsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsmama View Post
What is the benefit to waiting until arrival?
She may not want whatever pkg her parents are on. If she's added after arrival they only have to pay the extra adult fee not tickets or anything else that they may have on their pkg
Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
VelvetGloves
Breadstick Fairy>
Enjoys sitting back and watching the Tag Fairy debate, popcorn anyone?
Bob Dole Loves You!

Part of the reason we're waiting until arrival is because the plans could change right up until time to go. I'm in Myrtle Beach and will be driving down. I've never done a drive that distance solo before, so there is some concern regarding that.

Additionally, as MMS1125 said, I don't want any of their package perks or whatnot. I just got a shiny new annual pass and don't want to have to worry about any problems adding me early would cause.

I could just park at one of the theme parks, if I got there much earlier than my parents' arrival time, but I feel safer with my luggage and what-not locked in the car when it's at the resort, as opposed to the theme park parking log.

Thanks for the answers!

VelvetGloves
Old 09-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
BrownHP800
Mouseketeer

It would be a pretty easy drive from Myrtle Beach.

We are just north of Charlotte, NC and it is a simple drive. Once you hit I-95, its a straight shot to I-4 and then 1 hour to Disney. (Roughly)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: