Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #31
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

I also started using Garnier BB cream- LOVE IT! Evens out my skin tone, i use it just like a daily moisturizer- so it does 3 in 1 for me, moisturize, spf, and evens.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #32
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

I went to walgreens and walmart today and picked up some items. I will use them tomorrow and let you know how I made out! Thanks for all the input.
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #33
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

LOL, I went to buy make up yesterday and went to pick up my regular Covergirl tinted moisturizer. It's now called BB......so who knew, I was using it the whole time.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #34
burnurcomputer
DIS Veteran

Use what you have, but try putting some primer under it!
burnurcomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #35
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Alright ladies.... here is what I bought and what I think about it!

Once upon a time I was using clinique tinted moisturizer and cover girl powder. It is old and I wanted new. So I went to Walgreens and here is what I brought home.

- Maybelline Dream liquid mousse foundation in nude beige - I LOVE THIS!! It covers really nice and feels light.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder - I really like this too. It covers really really well and leaves NO shine.
- Hard Candy blush crush baked blush in Honeymoon - So pretty just need a little and it adds a lot of shimmer
- Hard Candy moon glow - luminizing - great highlighting powder
- Maybelline dreamlumi touch concealer - it is ok - not going to buy again
- Maybelline Eye Studio gel eye liner - LOVE IT!
- Maybelline mega plush mascara - really like it but it is going to take me a bit to get used to the flexible brush.

I have some prime it up BE primer that I use under the foundation and that seems to help everything go on even. I really like the way my face feels when the makeup is on. It is light and doesn't feel sticky. It also make my face look flawless.

Thanks for all the suggestions on makeup!

Oh and I kept seeing something called a beauty blender in some of the makeup reviews I was watching.... I ordered some of the off brand ones and should get them this weekend. I will let you know how they work. They are supposed to help you apply liquid foundation flawlessly.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #36
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
Alright ladies.... here is what I bought and what I think about it!

Once upon a time I was using clinique tinted moisturizer and cover girl powder. It is old and I wanted new. So I went to Walgreens and here is what I brought home.

- Maybelline Dream liquid mousse foundation in nude beige - I LOVE THIS!! It covers really nice and feels light.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder - I really like this too. It covers really really well and leaves NO shine.
- Hard Candy blush crush baked blush in Honeymoon - So pretty just need a little and it adds a lot of shimmer
- Maybelline dreamlumi touch concealer - it is ok - not going to buy again
- Maybelline Eye Studio gel eye liner - LOVE IT!
- Maybelline mega plush mascara - really like it but it is going to take me a bit to get used to the flexible brush.

I have some prime it up BE primer that I use under the foundation and that seems to help everything go on even. I really like the way my face feels when the makeup is on. It is light and doesn't feel sticky. It also make my face look flawless.

Thanks for all the suggestions on makeup!

Oh and I kept seeing something called a beauty blender in some of the makeup reviews I was watching.... I ordered some of the off brand ones and should get them this weekend. I will let you know how they work. They are supposed to help you apply liquid foundation flawlessly.
Glad you found products you like! Sounds like you have some fun new stuff to play with.

A question about the Mega Plush mascara- does it go on nicely (not too much at once, no clumps)? I am looking for a new mascara to make my lashes look thicker but a lot of the ones I've tried go on too gloppy- I feel like my lashes are weighed down with so much product!
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #37
TheRatPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post

Thanks for sharing.....so do you like the Maybelline mousse foundation as much as Covergirl? I looked at their makeup and thought about switching when I went shopping. Covergirl is just to 'red' for me....no matter what color I get it's always reddish on me. When I use Everyday Minerals I go with their 'green' colors and they match my skin tone better. Maybelline seemed to have some different shades that I thought might work but I've never used their foundations or powders.

I bought the Maybelline tattoo eye shadow that Tinkerb mentioned and I don't really care for it either . It seems oily....and it's just different when trying to get it on.....turns out to be a real sheer eyeshadow.

Does Walgreens still take makeup back? Maybe I need to make my next makeup shopping trip there so I don't keep wasting money LOL

Old 09-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #38
Irin997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Does Walgreens still take makeup back? Maybe I need to make my next makeup shopping trip there so I don't keep wasting money LOL
CVS does - without a receipt a too! I have no problems trying new products because if I don't like them, I return them.
Irin997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #39
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post
Glad you found products you like! Sounds like you have some fun new stuff to play with.

A question about the Mega Plush mascara- does it go on nicely (not too much at once, no clumps)? I am looking for a new mascara to make my lashes look thicker but a lot of the ones I've tried go on too gloppy- I feel like my lashes are weighed down with so much product!
It does go on nice. I like it a lot it is just wierd how the brush moves.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing.....so do you like the Maybelline mousse foundation as much as Covergirl?
I think it covers better. It doesn't feel as thick as the CG does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irin997 View Post
CVS does - without a receipt a too! I have no problems trying new products because if I don't like them, I return them.
I was told yes. As long as it was within reason. Whatever that means.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #40
miadoerr
Earning My Ears

Laura Gellar has the best pressed powder on the market, it's about 30 bucks but it last's for at 6 to 8 months for me. I buy it at Ulta.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #41
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

Laurie Geller here too. I also use her primer under my base. I have tried MANY types as have been in the beauty industry for 30 plus yrs.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #42
TheRatPack

I have a very oily TZone, mostly my forehead though. I either have to carry powder with me EVERYWHERE or deal with the shine. If I don't wear a lot of makeup (like at Disney) the shine isn't nearly as bad....so I'm aware that it's probably my make up making it worse. I'm definitely going to try these suggestions on my next trip to town/ulta/walgreens.

Thanks everyone for sharing and thanks OP for posting the question!

Old 09-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #43
ceecee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a very oily TZone, mostly my forehead though. I either have to carry powder with me EVERYWHERE or deal with the shine. If I don't wear a lot of makeup (like at Disney) the shine isn't nearly as bad....so I'm aware that it's probably my make up making it worse. I'm definitely going to try these suggestions on my next trip to town/ulta/walgreens.

Thanks everyone for sharing and thanks OP for posting the question!
Have you tried oil blotters? I can't be without them, I get them from Mary Kay but you can get them anywhere. Works so much better on the shine than powder.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #44
faith
DIS Veteran

To the poster asking about mascara that doesn't clump.
I bought Maybelline one on one. Great product, and the price even better. About $6.00.
faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #45
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith View Post
To the poster asking about mascara that doesn't clump.
I bought Maybelline one on one. Great product, and the price even better. About $6.00.
Thanks- I will try it.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: