Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Matthews4Disney
Mouseketeer

What is the cheapest perfume in EPCOT or the World?

I love to bring home a piece of the World with me that reminds me of our vacation. I know everyone loves the expensive perfume from ?Norway? but it's so expensive. Is there an inexpensive choice out there?

I will add that I LOVE the incense from Japan for an at home scent because it reminds me of EPCOT and Soarin!!
Sept. 2006 POFQ: DS first trip and our first MNSSHP!
Aug./Sept. 2005 WL: DD turned 3 during her first trip to WDW!
Jan. 2002: Day Trip to MK ***Trips as a teen: DL, PO, CBR
Matthews4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I don't know. I did buy the Laila from Norway. I am not a perfume person usually, but after several trips and trying the tester each time and loving the scent. I broke down and bought it. Totally worth it. It's lasted me forever and I still love it.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
Tinkerdreams
DIS Veteran

I used to buy one of the scents from France but it is like $140 a bottle. I happen to go to Amazon and type in the name of the perfume and it was on Amazon for $50!! I've purchased it there ever since (on my third bottle).

I would definitely try to find it on-line somewhere else (like Amazon). I bet you'll find it a whole lot cheaper.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

I recently went perfume shopping at the World Showcase. Believe it or not, Laila was the most inexpensive fragrance at only $55.

I shopped perfumes at Norway, France, and Italy. Maybe the other countries might have something cheaper, but not sure.

I ended up buying a fragrance at France. I probably could have gotten it cheaper on Amazon, but I wanted to buy it directly at Epcot as a souvenier of my trip.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats,#28 Little Bee,#29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind

Currently reading: #33 Orphan Train

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthews4Disney View Post
I love to bring home a piece of the World with me that reminds me of our vacation. I know everyone loves the expensive perfume from ?Norway? but it's so expensive. Is there an inexpensive choice out there?

I will add that I LOVE the incense from Japan for an at home scent because it reminds me of EPCOT and Soarin!!
Are you asking specifically about perfume or is it more like a scent that you'd be interested in. The reason that I'm asking is that perfume is the most expensive form of fragrance. You can often get the same scent in eau de toilette and pay a fraction of the price of perfume.

And no scent, eau de toilette or other form, is worth it if you don't like the way it smells on you.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Most of them can be found other places for much less though you have to be careful. I went into a store here and found a scent I had been searching for since I bought it in Italy years ago. The colour looked off and the scent was way off. I've had enough bottles of it to know there was something wrong. I don't know if it was fake, or maybe had sat around too long but it was definitely off. So that deters me from ordering any perfume online. Duty Free shops are usually a good place to find a hard to get scent.

I'm surprised to hear so many love the Norway scent. I find it so overwhelming in that part of the store that it makes my head hurt. However as I get older a lot of scents bug my sinuses, including many detergents so I am probably not the best judge.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post

I'm surprised to hear so many love the Norway scent. I find it so overwhelming in that part of the store that it makes my head hurt. However as I get older a lot of scents bug my sinuses, including many detergents so I am probably not the best judge.
Well, the scent is overpowering in there.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
Matthews4Disney
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the help!! No, I'm not set on perfume. A form of it would be fine. So how much would a different form of Laila be? It has to be special because so many people LOVE it!
Sept. 2006 POFQ: DS first trip and our first MNSSHP!
Aug./Sept. 2005 WL: DD turned 3 during her first trip to WDW!
Jan. 2002: Day Trip to MK ***Trips as a teen: DL, PO, CBR
Matthews4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
katied718
Earning My Ears

A couple years ago I bought a bottle of perfume from France-it was Very Irresistable by Givenchy. I wanted something that I could find at home, but also something that was unique to Disney-crazy combo, I know. But-the blend sold at Epcot was made specifically for Disney-with something different about the flowers. I can't remember exactly what was different. It is recognizable as Very Irresistable, but it has just a very slight different scent. Plus, they engraved my bottle for me too. And it wasn't too expensive either-can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it was under $80. And I LOVE it and it DOES take me back to the world!
katied718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
peacelover
Mouseketeer

I bought Bvlgari jasmin in italy about 3 years ago, but it is quite a bit cheaper online, and have been buying it online ever since.
peacelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #11
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

I usually wait until I get home and then look for it on the internet and it's usually much cheaper than what WDW charges
Old 09-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
PrinceCharmingsMom
DIS Veteran

I have purchased 2 scents that I love one in Italy and it cost a fortune but I justified it because I got an annual pass discount and it was a large bottle and small bottle, lotion and body was for $105. It was their new scent at the time Aqua de Parma Iris Noble and I LOVE it! Then last spring I purchased Laila in a pkg like that for $85 that I got a lrg bottle, lrg lotion, small bottle with travel bag for the bottle and a leopard fur bag. I have decided to do this every year but am going back to Aqua this year since they have a new scent I am in love with.

Btw...I still have about 1/3 of the Aqua left and well over 3/4 of Laila...they are both strong and you don't need alot..

PrinceCharmingsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #13
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Last October I bought the Laila in Norway. Then I got home and found I could have bought it at Nordstrom! Anyway, in Norway, you can buy the Laila in a shimmery powder form. It comes in a tube that has a brush applicator at one end. It smells great and the shimmer isn't too sparkly, just enough. Reminds me of pixie dust! I think it was $30. I might buy it if they have it when I go in 24 days!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #14
IWannaBeAPrincess
Mouseketeer

I love Laila! It is ovewhelming in the store, and it does smell like that, but it's obviously not as overpowering. I.LOVE.IT.LOVE.IT.LOVE.IT! You just need a tiny bit, and it has lasted forever, worth every penny!
Peyton

IWannaBeAPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #15
Tinkerbelle32
DIS Veteran

I also wear Laila from Norway. I love, love the smell! People always comment on how nice my perfume is. I buy the bigger bottle for around $75.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: