Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
bkm091
Earning My Ears

Roommates?

Hi, I'm new to this site. My name is Brian, I'm 21, and I've been accepted to the 2013 spring term. I have a question about roommate selection. I'm a bit confused about it. Is there a way to choose or be matched with roommates or is it random? If so, how can I choose or meet roommates prior to my arrival date (January 28, 2013)? I would rather be able to meet people beforehand so that I know that I'll be rooming with someone compatible. Sorry, I'm very naive about all this. Maybe I've waited too long to start researching the finer points after I was accepted.
bkm091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Musings
Mouseketeer

You can meet people via the Facebook group, Disney doesn't have a roommate matching system for this term. You have to match with someone who is the same term, gender, and same arrival/departure dates as yourself. Other choice is to meet them when you get in line but otherwise, there aren't many avenues available.

(https://www.facebook.com/groups/2178...ref=ts&fref=ts) is the Facebook group
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
bkm091
Earning My Ears

Could I use this as a place to find roommates? Would that be practical?
bkm091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #4
Musings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm091 View Post
Could I use this as a place to find roommates? Would that be practical?
It is about the only place you will be able to find a roommate and there is no guarantee it will work out. You have to be in line with your roommates at the same time and request together. But is your best shot if you're looking for roommate matching beforehand. Given how late it is, you might not be able to find someone. Keep in mind, depending on where you're going, there are quite a few CPers who will be arriving who aren't on these websites that will need roomies too.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010

Check the Facebook group for your program or on here to see if others are still looking. If you find someone you must check in at the SAME TIME.

My First program, I just had random roommates, they were the girls who were under 21 and standing near me in line.

On my second, there were 4 of us who wanted to room together. We made sure we got to Vista Way to Check together and waited to get in line until we were all there. I would recommend getting their early so you have a better chance of getting the bedrooms you want. We wanted a 2 bedroom at Vista and there are less of those to begin with, so we wanted the best chance!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: