Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Help me choose my hotel!

I think I'll book tomorrow for a few nights in January but I'm still undecided on the hotel! I'll be going by myself (24 year old woman) I was thinking of just going back to the Hotel Santa Fe for cheapness reasons, and I really liked it there but we had a deathly quiet room in August and I don't think I'd like that by myself!

I really like the look of Newport Bay Club but I've seen so many bad reviews, I love the look of Sequoia Lodge too, and is it worth paying the extra for Hotel New York? So many thoughts hurting my brain right now!!

I hope my ramblings made any sense at all.

So thoughts on; Hotel New York, Newport Bay Club or Sequoia Lodge?

Sarah (26) my Disney tumblr
DLP August 2012: Hotel Santa Fe. 5 nights.
DLP January 2013: Sequoia Lodge. 4 nights.
singsweetnightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

i have only ever stayed at the DLH, HNY and NPB and DLH is miles ahead...however you havent mentioned it so if its between the other two i preferred the HNY as its closer to the park and you get a hot breakfast instead of the scrum we had in NPB. having said that NPB is a lovely hotel too so you would be happy at either.

2 trips to WDW in early 90's
May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Nov, 2005 DLP DLH (Yea!!!)

nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Out of the 3 I'd go for Sequoia as it's the nicest imho and the newest in terms of decoration as all the rooms have been refurbed.

Also because it has a huge fireplace which is very cosy in winter and the whole place gives off a lodge feel somewhere in the mountains.

The NPC would be too big for me on my own and like the HNY they do conferences so a lot of business types would put me off.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola View Post
i have only ever stayed at the DLH, HNY and NPB and DLH is miles ahead...however you havent mentioned it so if its between the other two i preferred the HNY as its closer to the park and you get a hot breakfast instead of the scrum we had in NPB. having said that NPB is a lovely hotel too so you would be happy at either.
I would love to stay at DLH but all I could manage there right now would be one or two nights, I was thinking four nights at another hotel would win out! I'd just have to settle with going for a few meals at DLH!

I was thinking HNY would be nice for the closeness, and I'm all for a hot brekkie in January! So NPB isn't all outdated like people are saying? I think it's really gorgeous but a few reviews were putting me off! I should know better by now

Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Out of the 3 I'd go for Sequoia as it's the nicest imho and the newest in terms of decoration as all the rooms have been refurbed.

Also because it has a huge fireplace which is very cosy in winter and the whole place gives off a lodge feel somewhere in the mountains.

The NPC would be too big for me on my own and like the HNY they do conferences so a lot of business types would put me off.
I was thinking it looked uber cosy and inviting! It might win out!

Do you think if I paid for the cheapest room there'd be a chance for an upgrade to the main building, in January?

Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

well now i havent stayed at NPB in about 11 years so it may be outdated. based on what carrie cat says i would opt for sequoia lodge or hny

2 trips to WDW in early 90's
May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Nov, 2005 DLP DLH (Yea!!!)

nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola View Post
well now i havent stayed at NPB in about 11 years so it may be outdated. based on what carrie cat says i would opt for sequoia lodge or hny
I think I will go for Sequoia Lodge! It does look lovely, plus it'll give me more spending money!

Old 09-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

The NPC will be lovely when they do the planned refurb going by the pictures so far. But it won't be before 2014 and atm if you aren't on the Admirals floor a lot of people find there room not great.

Nicola have a look here at the future rooms, might lure you away from the DLH in a couple of years

http://www.www.disboards.com/showpos...8&postcount=23

Vive la différence
Old 09-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The NPC will be lovely when they do the planned refurb going by the pictures so far. But it won't be before 2014 and atm if you aren't on the Admirals floor a lot of people find there room not great.

Nicola have a look here at the future rooms, might lure you away from the DLH in a couple of years

http://www.www.disboards.com/showpos...8&postcount=23
Oh my gosh!! If they were all like that now they'd be no contest! Completely love the new rooms.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by singsweetnightingale View Post
Oh my gosh!! If they were all like that now they'd be no contest! Completely love the new rooms.
Gives you an excuse (not that you need one) to come back then

Vive la différence
Old 09-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #11
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Gives you an excuse (not that you need one) to come back then
Any excuse will do, to be fair!

Old 09-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #12
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

I'm all booked up!!! I booked four nights in SL in January. Thanks for the advice everyone.

In other news my sister just bought me back a Pascal plush from WDW!

Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #13
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by singsweetnightingale View Post
I'm all booked up!!! I booked four nights in SL in January. Thanks for the advice everyone.

In other news my sister just bought me back a Pascal plush from WDW!
Good choice of Hotel. I love the SL between that and the HNY are my fave but the SL is definately value for money especially with the refurb

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #14
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
Good choice of Hotel. I love the SL between that and the HNY are my fave but the SL is definately value for money especially with the refurb
I really want to go to HNY too but it looks like my WDW addict sister wants to try out DLP for the first time at Easter so it might be on the cards then!

But SL looks really gorgeous, I can't wait!!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #15
JustJonathan
Mouseketeer

Another vote for Sequioa here... we even prefer it to the DLH as it's just so cosy.. it's our favourite!

Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & two friends (one a first timer!) in February
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (11) at Christmas in December Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me & Mum in June Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2012 - Cast: Me, Mum, Sister and a well-aged friend! at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & A friend's first visit on my first Halloween trip in October!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 5 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (9) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me & Mum for my 24th Birthday in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) in our First Family Trip in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2008 - Cast: Me & Friend in My First Trip in March!
JustJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: