Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #31
artemis4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailpet View Post
seems like everyone I've heard from, dislikes it. My kids (ages 5 & 7) would like to see it but the reviews I've seen haven't been good -- scary, dark, crude, smelly, etc.

Not that they'll be rushing to see it but it is on the short list of attractions but should I steer them away?
I didn't care for it, but the rest of the family liked it. The five year old even asked to do it again the next day while the big kids were on Space Mountain.

Artemis4, DH, DD16, DD14 DS11, and DS7.
Sept 2015: Offsite TBD
Sept 2012: WBC

artemis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #32
ladeeesquire
Mouseketeer

We finally did it in our last visit and basically wished we could get that 10 Minutes of our lives back. It's not scary for most -- my 4 yr old dd wasn't frightened -- and the smell is a little gross. honestly it's just stupid. In my opinion a complete waste of Disney space. But for sure if your kids want to do it you should. Obviously some people think its great
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #33
budafam
DIS Veteran

I have no issues with it. If you're expecting a ride then no, it's not going to be that. It's more of a "show" where you'll get squirted in the face & smell some smoke for a few seconds (if that). People whine on here if there's a pebble out of place on a walkway... it's a little extreme.
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #34
Purple Tentacle Guy
Purple Tentacle Guy

I personally really enjoy this attraction at MK. I know (obviously) that what I'm experiencing is identical to every one else on board at that time, but imagination is a beautiful thing, and mine never grew up. Ultimately, if you dig Stitch and his complete lack of social graces, I think you'll enjoy yourself on his "Great Escape".
Purple Tentacle Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #35
momofkids
Mouseketeer

My DS loved it at 7. Of course, he still thinks human body functions are hysterical at 10. The adults liked it because the kids liked it. I guess it depends on you.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #36
Arspring99
Earning My Ears

Absolutely hated it! It was disgusting and the biggest waste of time. Stitch burps and blows it on you. Was a bout to vomit myself. If you have manners, you will not enjoy
Arspring99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #37
coco392
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMommy
My son loves it. He is a typical boy who thinks burps and farts are on the list of funniest things ever. So this attraction is right up his alley. I never thought of Stitch as scary. I never witnessed any crying kids on it. I think its funny, not scary. It reminds me of a mischievous boy who can't help himself. My son loves Stitch and we go on it every time we go to the MK.

A lot of strong smells make me queasy but I can handle the chili burp just fine. If you move your head forwards the smell isn't that strong.
yep and this dad thinks burps and farts are funny too (sometimes)
coco392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #38
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

No. I haven't been on it due to the You Tube video alone. Unless you want to feel it, just watch it on You Tube (no wait!)

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:59 AM   #39
wdiosa
Earning My Ears

My DS who was 4 at the time hated it! He was terrified. Since he was just at the height requirement the CM had to manually lock him in his seat. He bawled the entire ride. When the lights finally came up we had to wait for everyone to leave before the CM could come and let him out of the seat. It was an awful experience for us. It's no fault of anyone, but we won't be doing it this year. I wasn't impressed with the ride anyway so I'm not torn up about it.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #40
kimmiecub
Earning My Ears

I love Stitch, but I hate his attraction. I think I dislike it mostly on principle though. I loved the Alien ride. Loved, loved, loved it. I get that Stitch is more family friendly, but I wish they would bring back the ExtraTERRORestrial ride. Put it in HS or something.

kimmiecub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #41
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I love Stitch,and I think it's kind of cute. It's not the best thing I've ever seen,but we always go,my ds is getting older,but when he was younger he went on it multiple times each trip......I don't understand some reviews, frankly,but I hate some attractions that others seem to love..so....
Old 09-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #42
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

I hated it (I know that's quite strong) as nothing really happens and I'd rather queue for something else like Uzz or Space Mountain. Hated Alien before that too!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #43
Tbiafore
Mouseketeer

Nope the ride is probably one of the worst rides at Disney in my opinion. Went on it once, never again.
Tbiafore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #44
princessSunshine
Mouseketeer

wow, lot of negative reviews on here - we like it with some exceptions - DS10 doesn't like the volume, but doesn't like loud noises ANYWHERE (plugs his ears for fireworks ), so Stitch is no exception. DS12 doesn't like the restraints (bit claustrophobic) so he sits up real tall so the restraints don't come all the way down, and he doesn't like the tickle/talk in the ear, so he moves his head forward at bit.

SO, there's ways to avoid the little unpleasantries and still enjoy the shows (boys find the smells funny )

But I agree with the sentiment....try it for yourself to decide. We do it every year, but to each their own.
princessSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #45
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

I like the attraction but the restraints hurt my shoulders. They are way too tight, and I'm not a big person.
littlebit0863 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: