Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Nope, and it even put me in a bad mood. It's a shame because it was fine up until the clamps came down and the throw up smell was squirted in my face. Yuk!! Sooo not fun for this adult.

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
gailpet
Earning My Ears

More about the smell please... (m)

there is a "throw up" smell??? Seriously? Is that what's is supposed to be or is it something else that seems like that???

I may have to pass!
gailpet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
amberpi
DIS Veteran

OMG, worst smell in the world comes from that ride. I can't do it...
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #19
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailpet View Post
there is a "throw up" smell??? Seriously? Is that what's is supposed to be or is it something else that seems like that???
If they're looking for Lilo, skip it -- she's not there.

If they're Stitch fans, then go -- they'll love it.

Think Chili Dog Burp -- partially digested chili and onions (if you've ever eaten a full-up chili dog, you know what I mean). Not exactly kike puke, but it isn't "tropical paradise" either...
Old 09-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

My son loves it. He is a typical boy who thinks burps and farts are on the list of funniest things ever. So this attraction is right up his alley. I never thought of Stitch as scary. I never witnessed any crying kids on it. I think its funny, not scary. It reminds me of a mischievous boy who can't help himself. My son loves Stitch and we go on it every time we go to the MK.

A lot of strong smells make me queasy but I can handle the chili burp just fine. If you move your head forwards the smell isn't that strong.
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailpet View Post
seems like everyone i've heard from, dislikes it. My kids (ages 5 & 7) would like to see it but the reviews i've seen haven't been good -- scary, dark, crude, smelly, etc.

Not that they'll be rushing to see it but it is on the short list of attractions but should i steer them away?
no!
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #22
dkfogt
Mouseketeer

Kids 5 & 7 probably will enjoy it, but personally, I think they could do SO MUCH BETTER with a (Lilo &) Stich themed ride. We did it a few times and that's plenty.
dkfogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
ArthurFiggis
Mouseketeer

I liked Mission to Mars, I loved the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, and Stitch's Great Escape is not bad.

I still think it's funny that everyone seems to want more "thrilling" rides and experiences, and the best non-roller-coaster-dropping thrill attraction got canned so quickly. I never really understood how ToT is less scary than the Alien Encounter was.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #24
linzbear
Flirts with Chip

There is no Lilo, it is just Stitch, and it's before he is Stitch. It's Experiment 626 when he escapes prior to him coming to Earth.

I hated the entire thing. I won't ride it again because of the Chili Dog. I liked the movie but the ride is like the first 5 minutes of the movie and has almost nothing to do with it
04/92 - CBR | 03/94 - Offsite | 03/03 - VWL | 05/05 - BWV | 05/06 - DLR | 12/06 - VWL | 04/07 - BCV | 10/07 - OKW/AKV | 12/07 - VWL | 09/08 - OKW | 10/09 - AKV | 11/10 - AKV/VWL | 10/11 - BLT/Swan | 5/13 - VWL
Planned:
11/14 - AKV
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #25
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

It just seems nasty dirty to me. I feel like I need a shower after being in there.
If I never do it again, that's great. It is an incredible waste of the talent and ingenuity we expect from Disney.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #26
Figment43
Mouseketeer

I didn't like it. It wasn't scary for me, but I just thought it was stupid. Plus, Stitch "burps" a chili dog and it really smelled like vomit to me. I almost hurled.

As for kids, it really depends on the kid. Most of the kids handled the dark well and only screamed at the scariest parts, but didn't seem to be traumatized afterwards. One kid started really freaking out, though. A CM had to come in and unlock the kid and his mother's shoulder restraints and let them out of the theater. I felt so bad for that kid. He was screaming and crying, but his mom couldn't hold him because of the shoulder restraints.

Overall, I would say it's about like It's Tough to Be a Bug in the scare department except for the added claustrophobia element due to the safety restraints. As for the quality of the show content, meh. I don't plan on going again.

Figment43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #27
B-Ride
Getting My Disney Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsebsirois View Post
I agree about 2 things that have been said :

1) You should really try it to know if it will be on your must do list in the future.

2) I would not wait in long lines for this attraction. I think it was funny but it miss some Disney Magic...
Agreed. Every attraction needs to be experienced at least once so you can form your own opinion.

Don't worry about long lines. No one wants to go here so we have never seen them.

For you Stitch fans if you want a great Stitch attraction you need to visit Hong Kong Disneyland someday. They have a Stitch attraction a la Turtle Talk with Crush which is just amazing. My DS19 and I went there last year and had a blast. Stitch even picked him out as "Experiment 627" and kept blaming all of the destruction on him.
Disneyland Grand Californian 2014
B-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #28
Tigger1221
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Ride View Post
Agreed. Every attraction needs to be experienced at least once so you can form your own opinion.

Don't worry about long lines. No one wants to go here so we have never seen them.

For you Stitch fans if you want a great Stitch attraction you need to visit Hong Kong Disneyland someday. They have a Stitch attraction a la Turtle Talk with Crush which is just amazing. My DS19 and I went there last year and had a blast. Stitch even picked him out as "Experiment 627" and kept blaming all of the destruction on him.
They also have that at Disneyland Paris and I agree it was very cute. I liked it better than the attraction at MK. I wish we could have that instead. That said I don't hate this ride but I don't like it either. When I worked at the MK I did it a few times but I don't like rides that "touch me", like jumping shoulder restraints and breathing on me etc. I really don't like it's tough to be a bug, but if you do that and they are ok with it then Stitch would be fine.

April 2013-DD's 3rd trip, Dec.2012, Oct.2012- DD's 1st trips!!!!
Tigger1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #29
arlsdimples
Mouseketeer

We have always liked it and my kids absolutely LOVE it. It is the first thing my DS wants to ride when in MK. To us it was always cute and funny. We never expected or took it to be scary or thrilling just fun. I understand that it is not for everyone but it's an opinion one should from for themselves based on their own experience. Keep in mind we are huge Stitch fans here.

DH ME DD16 DS12 DD3yr old DD7months
arlsdimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #30
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

I'm sorry but I don't enjoy it. I really want to tell you to avoid it. However, since your kids want to see it, it's probably better for you to judge for yourself.

Your kids are older, so the scare factor shouldn't be a problem. But the downside is those harnesses that keep you in your seat. There are periods of darkness where you can hear stitch "running" around the room. This can be unsettling to some. Because of the harnesses, you can't make an exit if one of the kids becomes scared. If this is a concern, I would suggest that one of adults try it first (while the kids are somewhere else) to make a more informed decision.
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: