Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Question on alumni only PI interview

Okay I have a question that I can't seem to get a straight answer to. I want to apply for alumni only PIs AND marketing ones.

I have been told that there is one interview for all the alumni positions you select (similar to CP) where you will be asked about your top 3-5 choices.

I have also been told that you do one interview for any other PIs you have applied for. And that there is a possibility for second or third for specific ones.

Are these the same interview or will there be ONE INTERVIEW For alumni only positions and then ONE INTERVIEW for non alumni positions?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
leeg229
Mouseketeer

The way I understand it, you have 1 preliminary interview where you discuss what you have applied for and they ask you questions similar to the CP. After this preliminary interview, if you pass, you will receive an email to set up another interview where they will really grill you about the positions you applied for. My roommate when he applied for PIs said that the interviewers for the PI were very blunt and to the point as opposed to the CP interviewers who were very happy and bubbly and "Disney".
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Que_Sarah_Sarah
Whatever is Sarah will be.

Hello! Current Guest Relations PI here

The way the process worked this last time around for the phone stuff went like this:

I got an email to set up a "Phone Screening." Similar to the CP interview, this basically went over some general questions about dealing with tricky situations, prior work experience in areas where you expressed interest, etc. The interviewer types out the answers you give word for word and then passes those answers along to the interested parties. For my choices, I did not have/need a follow up interview. Using the questions I answered during the phone screening along with my resume, transcript, and a letter of recommendation I provided voluntarily, the individual departments decided whether or not to extend an offer.

For alumni PIs, many departments will also call your management team to see how your performance was in your current/most recent Disney role. If you are applying for alumni PIs and aren't currently at Disney, an email to let your former managers know you're applying might be helpful.

I have a DCP blog! HERE!

Just Keep Sewing!
Que_Sarah_Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
ibaw
Earning My Ears

Not to give a convoluted answer, but... it really depends on the role. Guest relations is totally different than Park Event Operations (both Alumni only) which are both absolutely different than accounting & finance (non-alumni and quite honestly it does not matter if you have ever worked for the company previously).

I believe your best bet is to discuss with someone who has gone through the process for the role(s) you are interested in (preferably someone who received an offer) and find out first hand the process.

I have read a-lot of misguided information about PI(s) on these boards and try to post corrections whenever possible. The PI is not as well understood as the CP and therefore I take caution with all advice provided, (unless directly from someone who went through the process).

Just a thought from someone who never participated in the CP, but did 2 PIs and now works for corporate...
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
khancock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaw View Post
I have read a-lot of misguided information about PI(s) on these boards
Very true.

And the same can be said about the quality of CP info too.
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que_Sarah_Sarah View Post
Hello! Current Guest Relations PI here

The way the process worked this last time around for the phone stuff went like this:

I got an email to set up a "Phone Screening." Similar to the CP interview, this basically went over some general questions about dealing with tricky situations, prior work experience in areas where you expressed interest, etc. The interviewer types out the answers you give word for word and then passes those answers along to the interested parties. For my choices, I did not have/need a follow up interview. Using the questions I answered during the phone screening along with my resume, transcript, and a letter of recommendation I provided voluntarily, the individual departments decided whether or not to extend an offer.
Did you apply for any non alumni positions? I am trying to find out what the process is like when you apply to both alumni and regular PI positions. Is there only one intial interview or do you have one for alumni and then one for the regular PI's.

Also, you shouldn't have told me you have GR! Now I'll probably bug you for information haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaw View Post
Not to give a convoluted answer, but... it really depends on the role. Guest relations is totally different than Park Event Operations (both Alumni only) which are both absolutely different than accounting & finance (non-alumni and quite honestly it does not matter if you have ever worked for the company previously).
I have had a lot of trouble trying to get an answer about this. I realize that Alumni only roles would all be different job descriptions. Many people have said they talked about their top 3 choices in their interview. My question is regarding when you apply for both Alumni Only and regular PI's. Is there two intial interviews? One for Alumni Only and one for any regular PI's you applied for?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
Que_Sarah_Sarah
Whatever is Sarah will be.

I applied for 3 different Alumni Only roles (including Park Event Operations, fyi) and 2 "regular" roles.

I have a DCP blog! HERE!

Just Keep Sewing!
Que_Sarah_Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: