Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran
 
Wishes Count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 805

Question on alumni only PI interview

Okay I have a question that I can't seem to get a straight answer to. I want to apply for alumni only PIs AND marketing ones.

I have been told that there is one interview for all the alumni positions you select (similar to CP) where you will be asked about your top 3-5 choices.

I have also been told that you do one interview for any other PIs you have applied for. And that there is a possibility for second or third for specific ones.

Are these the same interview or will there be ONE INTERVIEW For alumni only positions and then ONE INTERVIEW for non alumni positions?
__________________
Wishes Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
leeg229
Mouseketeer
 
leeg229's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 360

The way I understand it, you have 1 preliminary interview where you discuss what you have applied for and they ask you questions similar to the CP. After this preliminary interview, if you pass, you will receive an email to set up another interview where they will really grill you about the positions you applied for. My roommate when he applied for PIs said that the interviewers for the PI were very blunt and to the point as opposed to the CP interviewers who were very happy and bubbly and "Disney".
__________________
2 x CP Participant- Hollywood Studios/Magic Kingdom Merchandise
Emporium Merchandise Area Trainer
leeg229 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Que_Sarah_Sarah
Whatever is Sarah will be.
 
Que_Sarah_Sarah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 694

Hello! Current Guest Relations PI here

The way the process worked this last time around for the phone stuff went like this:

I got an email to set up a "Phone Screening." Similar to the CP interview, this basically went over some general questions about dealing with tricky situations, prior work experience in areas where you expressed interest, etc. The interviewer types out the answers you give word for word and then passes those answers along to the interested parties. For my choices, I did not have/need a follow up interview. Using the questions I answered during the phone screening along with my resume, transcript, and a letter of recommendation I provided voluntarily, the individual departments decided whether or not to extend an offer.

For alumni PIs, many departments will also call your management team to see how your performance was in your current/most recent Disney role. If you are applying for alumni PIs and aren't currently at Disney, an email to let your former managers know you're applying might be helpful.
__________________

I have a DCP blog! HERE!



Just Keep Sewing!
Que_Sarah_Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
ibaw
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 62

Not to give a convoluted answer, but... it really depends on the role. Guest relations is totally different than Park Event Operations (both Alumni only) which are both absolutely different than accounting & finance (non-alumni and quite honestly it does not matter if you have ever worked for the company previously).

I believe your best bet is to discuss with someone who has gone through the process for the role(s) you are interested in (preferably someone who received an offer) and find out first hand the process.

I have read a-lot of misguided information about PI(s) on these boards and try to post corrections whenever possible. The PI is not as well understood as the CP and therefore I take caution with all advice provided, (unless directly from someone who went through the process).

Just a thought from someone who never participated in the CP, but did 2 PIs and now works for corporate...
__________________
**My opinions solely belong to me, and in no way reflect the opinions of any company, nor do I intend for them to interpreted as such.
ibaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
khancock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaw View Post
I have read a-lot of misguided information about PI(s) on these boards
Very true.

And the same can be said about the quality of CP info too.
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran
 
Wishes Count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que_Sarah_Sarah View Post
Hello! Current Guest Relations PI here

The way the process worked this last time around for the phone stuff went like this:

I got an email to set up a "Phone Screening." Similar to the CP interview, this basically went over some general questions about dealing with tricky situations, prior work experience in areas where you expressed interest, etc. The interviewer types out the answers you give word for word and then passes those answers along to the interested parties. For my choices, I did not have/need a follow up interview. Using the questions I answered during the phone screening along with my resume, transcript, and a letter of recommendation I provided voluntarily, the individual departments decided whether or not to extend an offer.
.
Did you apply for any non alumni positions? I am trying to find out what the process is like when you apply to both alumni and regular PI positions. Is there only one intial interview or do you have one for alumni and then one for the regular PI's.

Also, you shouldn't have told me you have GR! Now I'll probably bug you for information haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaw View Post
Not to give a convoluted answer, but... it really depends on the role. Guest relations is totally different than Park Event Operations (both Alumni only) which are both absolutely different than accounting & finance (non-alumni and quite honestly it does not matter if you have ever worked for the company previously).
I have had a lot of trouble trying to get an answer about this. I realize that Alumni only roles would all be different job descriptions. Many people have said they talked about their top 3 choices in their interview. My question is regarding when you apply for both Alumni Only and regular PI's. Is there two intial interviews? One for Alumni Only and one for any regular PI's you applied for?
__________________
Wishes Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
Que_Sarah_Sarah
Whatever is Sarah will be.
 
Que_Sarah_Sarah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 694

I applied for 3 different Alumni Only roles (including Park Event Operations, fyi) and 2 "regular" roles.
__________________

I have a DCP blog! HERE!



Just Keep Sewing!
Que_Sarah_Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.