DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #31
Happy Birthday Cat
Wonders if the Hokey Pokey is REALLY what its all about?
And is Otto the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
Do you think requesting close to tennis would get you far end room?
When we stay in a standard view, I always request far from elevators. I have never been let down. I am told it is the opposite of most requests. I would suggest you use that terminology.

HBC

Learn about Restoring Hetch Hetchy at http://www.hetchhetchy.org/

Happy Birthday Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #32
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
My husband and I stayed in a BWV studio on our honeymoon way before we were DVC so we booked a package through disney...we did have a boardwalk view, but that was 15 years ago! Has it since changed? only dvc gets the boardwalk view?
Yep. Only DVC gets BWview at BWV.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #33
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

For awile at BWV, I was getting "middle of the hall" standard view rooms, and that was good. I remember one time, the CM on check in asked if I liked the area I was in the last time. Now, was he fooling, did he know? Then came the "now" time, and it has extended through my last stay which was in December, we had the next to the last possible studio in that line. Hail to you, who ask for the ones down the hall!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #34
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Being that I'm not really a sit on my balcony kind of girl...would it be wiser to request close to lobby to be closer to the boardwalk vs. the view on the far end?
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #35
Happy Birthday Cat
Wonders if the Hokey Pokey is REALLY what its all about?
And is Otto the one?

Quote:
Being that I'm not really a sit on my balcony kind of girl...would it be wiser to request close to lobby to be closer to the boardwalk vs. the view on the far end?
Couple of things to think about: Do you like the Studios or EPCOT better? Farther down the hall puts you closer to the studios if you are able to use the stairs.

Will you use the bus and/or a car. Farther down the hall puts you closer to the bus stop and the parking lot. If you valet your car, closer to the lobby is better.

Fireworks? Better views are farther down the hall. The closer you get to the lobby, the poorer the views (also the higher the floor the better too).

Closer to the lobby gets you closer to the Boardwalk. It also gets you closer to the clown pool. Farther down the hall gets you closer to the "quiet" pool.

Hope this helps your request. There might be more too.

HBC

Learn about Restoring Hetch Hetchy at http://www.hetchhetchy.org/

Happy Birthday Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #36
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:

Close to the lobby is the same as close to the elevators, which is probably the most frequently requested area at BWV - Standard View.

HBC gave some great pros & cons about location. I'll add one other aspect...close to the lobby/elevators also means close to the drive-up area in front of the resort. Much noisier there with the general hustle & bustle of people coming and going. And the Magical Express cages getting loaded into the truck can be a bit noisy.

On the other hand, it's a great people-watching area, but if you don't like to sit on the balcony that's a non-issue.

Since view is not that critical to you, I don't think room location is all that critical. The only thing would be if you plan frequent trips from the room to the lobby (maybe to go to Guest Services?), then closer to the elevators would be beneficial. Beyond that, it's no big deal where you end up as you will have improved access to DHS, busses, Boardwalk area, etc depending on where you end up.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #37
DRUMZ2B
Welcomed Guest
Works hard to keep the beat
...rimshot!

Standard Rm near elevator

I Will be Going to BWV for the first time this May. 2br and 1br stnd view.
I Requested to be close to elevators. On average,what is the typical proximity to elevators when this request is made? Figured I would ask those of You Who have stayed here several times.

I am aware that a request is simply a request..............Thanks
Old 10-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #38
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMZ2B
I Will be Going to BWV for the first time this May. 2br and 1br stnd view.
I Requested to be close to elevators. On average,what is the typical proximity to elevators when this request is made? Figured I would ask those of You Who have stayed here several times.

I am aware that a request is simply a request..............Thanks
That's funny. We have requested "close to the elevators" numerous time and have received rooms 1001, 2001, 3001, and 4001 - all are the furthest possible! We laughed this year when we actually got closer rooms.

I have no idea why the statistic is as to "how close you get". When I consider the number of miles we log on foot on a typical Disney trip, the hike from the elevator to the room doesn't come into play....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Last edited by CRobin; 10-16-2012 at 08:48 PM.
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #39
TSMMANIAC
Mouseketeer

I just booked 1BR standard view for January. I could hardly believe it was available for 4 nights this late in the game. I always request far far from the elevators as we use the stairs and walk to HS our favorite park.
TSMMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #40
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

We just got back from our first stay at Boardwalk. We had "preferred" view, but not Boardwalk view. My request was a high floor in a quiet location. We got a corner studio above the hot tub with a view of the quiet pool. It was a dedicated studio, which was a surprise. AKV is our home and the studios have always been lock-offs.

DH said he would like to stay at BWV again in June so I am hoping to book standard view. It will be a short trip so I don't care if we look at trees.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #41
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post
That's funny. We have requested "close to the elevators" numerous time and have received rooms 1001, 2001, 3001, and 4001 - all are the furthest possible! We laughed this year when we actually got closer rooms.

I have no idea why the statistic is as to "how close you get". When I consider the number of miles we log on foot on a typical Disney trip, the hike from the elevator to the room doesn't come into play....

We just had 4134, there was only one room past it! We've spent time in those Crest O' the Wave rooms, too, atleast they have really nice views at the end of the hall!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #42
perdidobay
Will work for travel ;-)
Needs rescuing from Chunky Monkey!!!!

I'm just back from 4 wonderful nights at BWV, we had a one bedroom standard view. Sorry no photos, but I can tell you that room 3135 was at the very end of the hall and I loved that location as we could go right down the stairs and be at the quiet pool and community hall. And it was a quick walk to the Hollywood Studios too. Best part? Very quiet, and a private balcony, due to the trees in front of the balcony. You could look to your right and see the Tower of Terror, what a pretty sight! We parked in front of the valet area, and could be in our car in 2 minutes.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #43
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

We were at BW for the Tower of Terror 10miler weekend. Had a one bedroom DVC room on the fourth floor. Not too bad of a walk to the elevators. I will say that we didn't like the room. It was under one of the arches that face Boardwalk. The living room windows were offset (not centered on the wall) and didn't seem to let in as much light as normal. The access to the small balcony was in the master bedroom. That made it tough for us when one was sleeping to open the curtains and go in and out. Luckily it was just the two of us. If there was anyone using the pull out and want to go outside, then it would have been awkward going in and out of the bedroom to get to the balcony. The balcony and under the eve area was dirty...cobwebs, spiders, dirt, etc. Would I stay at BW again? Sure. But I'll specifically request not to be under those arches again. In this case, to me, it was a waste of Boardwalk view points to have this kind of room.
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #44
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post

We don't even make requests at the Boardwalk anymore, since it doesn't seem to do a darn bit of good.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #45
LisaS
DIS Veteran

We've had pretty good luck with requests at BWV. On our most recent stay we booked a Standard View and requested a high floor, across from the bus stop. We got room 4119 which, as you can see from this photo, is a great location! It is very close to the stairs down to the exit leading to the walkway over to the bus stop. We could hear the "beep beep beep" when the buses were raised or lowered but it wasn't so loud that it bothered us, even on the days we slept in late. We also had a great view of the fireworks from this room. ETA: It is a dedicated 1BR. I like the dedicated rooms because the lack of a connecting door means you are less likely to hear any noise from the room next door.

Last edited by LisaS; 10-25-2012 at 02:24 PM.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: