DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Looks like something from The Shining.
If you see a kid on a trike yelling Redrum, Redrum, Redrum,as he comes towards you, that's your cue to bail!

We've always had view of the expansive lawn! Once, bottom floor which I though I would detest, but surprisingly we enjoyed the baby birds just nesting outside, a miriad of squirrels and bunnies, we loved it! The bus noise wasn't bad at all!

We were at the end or begining if you will by the fountain to the right side of the drive in! There's a door right there, convenient!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

You guys are so funny!!! It's been so long since we've stayed at BWV the hallways looked like wood planks! 1999!! So no redrum feeling to me then!

The standard view looks fine to me..a good use of points!

Thanks for the great info! Now I just need to snag it at 7 months!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #18
supersuperwendy

About trees blocking the view...we had a HUGE tree blocking our DTD view at SSR. The tree was gigantic and was so full it touched our balcony. Maybe requeting a ground floor at BWV would avoid that.
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 09-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #19
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

We had a BWV standard view last year that was totally blocked by a tree off the living room balcony. Also, we were very close to the elevators and it was extremely noisy because we were above the baggage check in. I would request down the hallway away from the elevators if I were you. I know we will be next time!
HTH!

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
MARY-IN-OH
DIS Veteran

haven't posted a pic in a long time... here goes nuthin! Here is our BWV Std view 1BR room from last week - 4th floor)

Dec 98 ASMu- - March 04 Pop- - Dec 06 OKW/Pop- -Sept 07 POFQ- - Oct 07 ASMo - - May 08 Pop/OKW - - Jan09 SSR- -Sept 09 BWV- -Dec 09 ASMo/OKW - -June 10 Pop/BCV- -Sept 10 AKV Kidani - -MAY 20, 2011 SSR/AKV JAMBO - - SEPT 9, 2011 - CBR & BWV STD VIEW 2 NTS BCV 1BR, and 4 NTS BWV 1BR STD SEPT 16 to 22nd 2012 Feb 5-12, 2013 - 2 nts POR royal room & 5 nights SSR- - Sept 7-8, 2 nts CBR and Sept 9-14, 5 nts at BWV Std view- - - Upcoming: DEC 10 - 17, 2013 SPLIT STAY OKW/SSR w/DH
MARY-IN-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #21
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARY-IN-OH View Post
haven't posted a pic in a long time... here goes nuthin! Here is our BWV Std view 1BR room from last week - 4th floor)

Nice job!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #22
MARY-IN-OH
DIS Veteran

thanks! here is another one!

Dec 98 ASMu- - March 04 Pop- - Dec 06 OKW/Pop- -Sept 07 POFQ- - Oct 07 ASMo - - May 08 Pop/OKW - - Jan09 SSR- -Sept 09 BWV- -Dec 09 ASMo/OKW - -June 10 Pop/BCV- -Sept 10 AKV Kidani - -MAY 20, 2011 SSR/AKV JAMBO - - SEPT 9, 2011 - CBR & BWV STD VIEW 2 NTS BCV 1BR, and 4 NTS BWV 1BR STD SEPT 16 to 22nd 2012 Feb 5-12, 2013 - 2 nts POR royal room & 5 nights SSR- - Sept 7-8, 2 nts CBR and Sept 9-14, 5 nts at BWV Std view- - - Upcoming: DEC 10 - 17, 2013 SPLIT STAY OKW/SSR w/DH
MARY-IN-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #23
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

These first two are from the same balcony...no view at all. We did get to sit and watch the squirrels trying to jump onto our balcony though.....highly entertaining.

This is from a ground level villa..nice area, just walk out of your villa, turn left and the door to the walkway to the bus stop is right there.

Yep, my studio villa was behind all those trees...one floor beneath the top level. Never did get to see IllumiNations from that area.

This one was the fourth floor, at the end of the bldg...loved it. Yes, a long walk, and couldn't see IllumiNations from there either, but it was very peaceful.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #24
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I had that in building 28 one time, hated it. After that, I always requested water view.
The funny part is that we DID request a water view...if you looked through all the branches there was a view of a swampy area. I guess that makes it a water view. Not.
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #25
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Hi All...We're staying at BWV and We have parents with electric scooters and I was wondering what would be the best preferred view area to stay. Close to the elevator, ground floor, a certain wing? I want it to be convenient for them but would like a good view? Any thoughts?

Also, does preferred view have a view of the boardwalk?
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #26
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody
Hi All...We're staying at BWV and We have parents with electric scooters and I was wondering what would be the best preferred view area to stay. Close to the elevator, ground floor, a certain wing? I want it to be convenient for them but would like a good view? Any thoughts?

Boardwalk View is reserved at the time of your reservation; it is a specific category. The other preferred view is Pool /Garden. Your reservation will tell you if you have a Boardwalk View.

Much is made about the distance of rooms from the elevator at BWV, which is funny in the grand scheme compared to the total walking one does at WDW. As your parents have ECVs, the distance from the elevators would be irrelevant IMHO.
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #27
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post

If you booked on points, a BW view is a select preferred view that usually gets booked up at more than seven months out. If you booked on cash through Disney Reservation Center, you can't get the BW view.

Preferred view is pretty much pool view (either Luna Park or the leisure pool). There is only one elevator bank in the BWV. So if closer to the elevator is what you want, request that. The BW level is the first floor and the lobby is on the second floor.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #28
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If you booked on cash through Disney Reservation Center, you can't get the BW view.
My husband and I stayed in a BWV studio on our honeymoon way before we were DVC so we booked a package through disney...we did have a boardwalk view, but that was 15 years ago! Has it since changed? only dvc gets the boardwalk view?
DVC Members since 2008

Old 09-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #29
supersuperwendy

Do you think requesting close to tennis would get you far end room?
DVC Members since 2008

Old 09-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #30
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
Do you think requesting close to tennis would get you far end room?
That would be my guess! I do make a request to be near elevators. It doesn't seem to work very well at BWV.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: