Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #46
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifred
My daughter is 4 and she has her own version of this. We stayed at BLT when she was 2.5 yes old and she remebers it vivdly. She loved watching the monorail during breakfast and the fireworks from bed. Ever since then, she has been disappoointed when we stay somewhere else. And I'm talking about the Boardwalk (which I love)! I just want to shake her. She has no clue! I went on ONE family vacation when I was a kid. But in the end, we always have blast. I have learned to take her comments with a grain of salt. I bought the DVC points, I make the choices. She can stay at BLT when she buys her own membership.
My son is 5 and he has similar strong opinions. Lol! It's comical. Like he has any say. Spoiled kids!. They don't know how good they have it!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #47
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
TDC Nala- I was watching a little clip of Animator's Palate with Crush talking. I guess he thought it was childish! I thought it was great.
maybe he's afraid he'll be asked to talk to the turtle. He doesn't have to, or he can go to the kids' club that night if you're up for it. If you do late seating, the counselors come to the dining room and take the kids to the club if they're ready to go.
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #48
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

I would buy a Disney cruise line book and let him read about it. My kids like to be apart of our conversations about where we are going and what there is to do. it gets them excited for the trip too.

we did a Disney cruise when dh turned 40. we had a blast !!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #49
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

My daughter is 9 and has lots of opinions on vacations. I donít have a husband though so sheís usually the one listening when Iím planning and once a destination is picked, I do talk more to her about it.

We are planning a DCL trip. I wanted 7 days, but it is out of my reach, plus since cruising would be new to ds and pretty much to dd since our one and only other experience (RCCL) when she was 4, she doesnít remember much, I figured it might not be best to start with a 7 day.

I have some discounts for WDW that will make going for a week next time more affordable so I am thinking of doing a 7/3 night land/sea. She knows the cruise is going to happen but not when. She doesnít know when we are returning to WDW. Iím going to keep that to myself for both of our sakes.

She asked me recently how long our cruise would be. I told her either 3 or 4 nights and she asked why not 10 like the last time we went to WDW? I told her it was either 3, 4 or 7 and I canít afford 7. But we can maybe spend some time at WDW before we go on the boat.

I took some time to explain to her that our 9 night WDW trip cost about the same as the 4 night DCL trip I was looking at. We had some discounts. Heck, sometimes I wonder myself what the heck Iím thinking spending almost as much for a 3 or 4 night cruise as I do for a week at WDW. The cheapest month we can plan ahead to travel is May and I really want to experience it at least once. Looks like it will be 3 nights because the 4 night I was looking at filled up to the point only unobstructed Verandahs are available.

I was just thinking today how many children never get to take similar vacations and here I was fretting over only being able to afford 3 nights on DCL.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #50
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

I guess this is the problem we deal with since families these days go on vacation a lot, right? My parents rarely went on vacation as kids. I started to go on vacation a lot once my mom got divorced. She didn't give me a choice of where to go, but she would maybe say "Hawaii or Mexico?" and let me choose between the two. Then as I got older I was allowed to have more input. I don't recall ever saying "no" or being ungrateful. People were always so jealous I got to go on vacation so much, especially adults!

I don't have a kid, but I hate kids who act entitled and I like the idea of giving him the option to not come, though I bet that can be difficult to find someone to take care of a kid.

It's your birthday though, so your happiness comes first!
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #51
Dramaprincess
Just a Disney freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclanton View Post
My husband and I have been discussing taking a cruise Spring Break for my 40th birthday. I am sitting here looking at the videos and my ds (10 years) comes in and says, "I am not eating there" When I told him we were probably taking a Disney Cruise he said, Oh no!
I know he is 10 and at that, "I am too cool for that" phase, but I am hoping he changes his mind! Have any of you experienced this? Did you make your son go and did they have a great time? Should I be concerned or should I just say, "Its my 40th birthday and this is what we are doing?
I was 12 the time we cruised!!! MAGICAL The Edge was great...I made so many friends, even knew one from our meets thread ahead of time! I had fun everywhere! They have Disney trivia games, bingo, karaoke, and the SHOWS were amazing and funny!!! The comedians were hilarious...your son will never get bored(there's always something to do in the clubs. And how much he is involved is really up to him! I did things in the club, but lots of times, just wanted to be with my family. The soft-serve ice cream station was wonderful(they usually had different flavors every day). Basically, your son will have a BLAST! HTH
Dramaprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #52
KYDIZFAN
Mouseketeer

My 16 year old would live on the ship if it were possible so would the 11 year old, Heck, so would I!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: