Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #61
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by razza1987 View Post
can anyone tell me about their experiences prepurchasing pp+ from outside America? I am from Australia and want to preorder this before our Disney trip next Feb

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
I live in Brazil and ordered mine last Friday. The shipping is free, the website states that it takes up to 14 days to arrive, so I'm still waiting.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #62
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFairy View Post
2. If I buy it & use it now for our October trip, can I add pics again when we're there in December?
PP+ expires after 14 days of its first use so you can't use the same card for your October and December trip.

What you can do is use the same PhotoCD for both trips IF your dates are less than 60 days apart. Your photos are stored for up to 30 days in Disney's computer before your enter your cards code into the photopass system. After that you have 30 more days to edit and order your CD. If your dates are within that timeline, you can wait for up to 28 days, enter your cards # into the system and edit them. Then you come back from your December trip, quickly add your new photopass cards, edit than order the CD. Be careful to not lose track of your dates and lose your first set of pictures though.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #63
luvmikids
DIS Veteran

I received my pp+ package in the mail, do I need to register it or anything before we head out?

luvmikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #64
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
Just got back last night. Our second time using PP and first time doing PP+. We would definitely do it again.

We got 340 pictures--that is before I start editing. We had six park days and four character meals. We had about 15 ride photos. The only bummer was suffering through Space Mountain just to get the picture and finding out the cameras were down. I hate Space Mountain so I almost cried!

I felt like the photographers did take a lot more pictures when they knew you had PP+. a few still only took one or two posed shots but quite a few went above and beyond what we got with regular PP last time. Maybe we just caught good photographers. But maybe there is something to the idea that they do more for you when they know you are definitely getting the pics they take.

Can't wait to get home (we stayed at an airport hotel last night) and start playing with borders!!!
agreed..we loved it. Only downfall to me was the fact that when we were separate I dont have some ride pics ( like my 10 year olds first time on RnR) because we couldnt get back over there to have it added. We did 3 meals listed and ended up with some really good pictures from those..in fact our ONLY just the 6 of us family pictures ever,..LOL. Plus the 2nd set from CRT was great. We didnt do as many in park shots as I thought we would but we did enough! Def doing it again come Sept!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #65
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmikids View Post
For those of you that have already used your PP+, how was the line with the voucher? Did it take a long time to get the lanyard PP+ card?
turned ours in at Team mickey and there was no wait.

I do have ONE issue.. at busy times, on busy rides they need to figure out a system for adding pictures because the line at Splash and ToT more than once was just too darn long..I stood in it but there needs to be a better system!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #66
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmikids
I received my pp+ package in the mail, do I need to register it or anything before we head out?
Nope! All you do is make sure you take the voucher with you and DON'T LOSE IT! Once you get to WDW, you go to a photopass location and they will give you the card you will need to use.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #67
Familyof4lovesDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakrazymom View Post
turned ours in at Team mickey and there was no wait.

I do have ONE issue.. at busy times, on busy rides they need to figure out a system for adding pictures because the line at Splash and ToT more than once was just too darn long..I stood in it but there needs to be a better system!
I posted before about the same thing and I 100% agree with you

I hope they figure it out before we go again lol.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #68
domiii
To all who come to this happy place, welcome! - Walter E. Disney

I waited too long to pre-order PhotoPass+

Can I still get the reduced price?
05/87 BV Palace/Contemporary ... 11/89 HoJo's ... 07/92 CBR ... 08/97 PO ... 11/99 ASMu/ASMo ... 06/02 WL/Wonder ... 04/04 Pop Century ... 11/04 POFQ ... 12/05 Christmas Magic-DCL ... 08/06 SSR ... 11/07 SSR GV ... 03/08 ASMu (K&D) ... 06/08 SSR (KE w/JR) ... 11/08 Wonder/SSR ... 07/09 OKW/AKL GV-KV/OKW ... 05/10 CS ... 12/10 SSR GV ... 04/11 ASMu ... 06/11 Dream/THV ... 05/12 THV ... 10/12 AKL-KV

domiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #69
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
Just got back last night. Our second time using PP and first time doing PP+. We would definitely do it again.

We got 340 pictures--that is before I start editing. We had six park days and four character meals. We had about 15 ride photos. The only bummer was suffering through Space Mountain just to get the picture and finding out the cameras were down. I hate Space Mountain so I almost cried!

I felt like the photographers did take a lot more pictures when they knew you had PP+. a few still only took one or two posed shots but quite a few went above and beyond what we got with regular PP last time. Maybe we just caught good photographers. But maybe there is something to the idea that they do more for you when they know you are definitely getting the pics they take.

Can't wait to get home (we stayed at an airport hotel last night) and start playing with borders!!!
That's great to hear...we were in Disney in early September and we too had the PP+ and loved it. We went to all but 2 of the character meals and we rode all the rides so it made sense for us to prepurchase it. We are heading to DLR next summer and DH asked if they had PP+ there, he was so excited to hear that they do (and at a cheaper price too ).

You are so right about the photographers taking more pictures, especially once we handed them the PP+ card. One night as we were leaving Epcot, we stopped to get a picture in front of Spaceship Earth. The photographer had us do about 10 different poses, which were all fun and quirky. He even had us think up of some poses to do.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #70
allidale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
For those of you that have already used your PP+, how was the line with the voucher? Did it take a long time to get the lanyard PP+ card?
Got ours at GF, took about 2 minutes, no line, right before we dined at 1900.
We did 5 character meals, ride photos, got over 300 taken over 6 days, definitely worth it for us! And we did get lots of offers to do magic shots and other poses. Way more than last year but it could be the couple of really good photographers we encountered. Not all photographers were as interested in taking lots of shots as others. And we also wished there was a photographer with every single character, there were quite a few out in Epcot that didn't have a photopass photographer with them, that was disappointing.
allidale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #71
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We got ours at the Photopass place in Epcot (across from Spaceship Earth). There was a really long line because many of the guests were buying their photos from that day. Since that was our arrival day, our kids were antsy to get on any sort of ride, so I gave DH the voucher and went off with the kids and rode SE, once we got out, DH was just coming out of the Photopass shop with lanyard in hand.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #72
Tigers317
Earning My Ears

When you have the pictures taken at the restraunts like Chef Mickey's and Ohana's do they give you the print outs or just add them to your photo pass +?

Tigers317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #73
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by domiii View Post
I waited too long to pre-order PhotoPass+

Can I still get the reduced price?
No, because they need the time to send the voucher to you. If you want it, you'll have to pay full price for it in one of the parks, or you can purchase it at DTD, BC, Poly or AKL.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #74
Reba from Naboombu
Earning My Ears

how good is the resolution on the edited photos you get from the cd? we just returned and there are some great shots of my kid's expressions on the rides, and I can zoom in/crop/etc on the photopass website, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with the resolution being poor and/or grainy with the zoom feature? if so, I will resize the pictures before ordering the cd.

by the way, we *loved* photopass plus...the ride photos of my kids first roller coaster experiences were priceless, and we never would have bought them otherwise. we got over 28 ride photos, including princess lunch and 1900 park fare. and the regular photos from the parks..great deal!

Me DH DS (7) DD (4)

Reba from Naboombu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #75
JessiBelle22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba from Naboombu
how good is the resolution on the edited photos you get from the cd? we just returned and there are some great shots of my kid's expressions on the rides, and I can zoom in/crop/etc on the photopass website, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with the resolution being poor and/or grainy with the zoom feature? if so, I will resize the pictures before ordering the cd.

by the way, we *loved* photopass plus...the ride photos of my kids first roller coaster experiences were priceless, and we never would have bought them otherwise. we got over 28 ride photos, including princess lunch and 1900 park fare. and the regular photos from the parks..great deal!
I bought purchased photopass last year, and had NO idea I could crop, and zoom in!! Ugh! :-( But thank you for this information! :-) For our next trip!

September 2013 WDW! :-)

JessiBelle22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: