Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

I love all those firsts!! I must make a list like that for our next trip

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
PJB71
DIS Veteran

I hope you enjoy all the Christmas Decorations as much as we do Corinna
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #18
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJB71 View Post
I hope you enjoy all the Christmas Decorations as much as we do Corinna
I am sure I will love them. I was lucky enough to see the Christmas decorations at AKL when we stayed there for one night before our Panama Canal cruise in 2011 and I was so excited. With a bit of luck, the Christmas decorations will be up on the Magic as well or at least start to appear during our cruise.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #19
PJB71
DIS Veteran

I hope they are will keep everything crossed for youxxx

We saw them on the wonder and the Gingerbread house was soooo cute
Old 09-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #20
dolphingirl47

Done

Flights booked
Hotel booked in Galveston
Hotels booked at Walt Disney World
Disney's Magical Express booked
Most ADRs for Walt Disney World done
Candlelight Processional Dinner package booked
Reservation made for Thanksgiving dinner
Online check in made for cruise
Excursion for Costa Maya booked
Palo Brunch and Dinner booked
Seating sorted out for longhaul flights
Bought tiara for Prince and Princess night
Ordered new formal night gown
Ordered door spotter

Things to do
Book airport hotel for the night prior to departure
Book transfers in Houston
Add Disney Dining Plan
Buy ticket for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Buy Premium Annual Pass
Buy one day ticket to Walt Disney World for Graham
Book Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour
Buy extra memory card
Call Big River Grille & Brewing Works for Priority Seating
Get a couple more dresses to wear for dinner on the cruise
Research what to do on Grand Cayman
Get 9" Create Your Own Vinylmation to be signed by characters
Make door magnets

Corinna
Old 09-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #21
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Sounds like you're very organized. Did you hear about the DVC special for the Premium AP?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #22
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Sounds like you're very organized. Did you hear about the DVC special for the Premium AP?
Yes, this is why I am holding off until next week. I don't really do the water parks and I have never been to Disney Quest. I was just going to get the normal annual pass, but this is actually cheaper and the 20% will be sweet.

Corinna
Old 09-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #23
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Yes, this is why I am holding off until next week. I don't really do the water parks and I have never been to Disney Quest. I was just going to get the normal annual pass, but this is actually cheaper and the 20% will be sweet.

Corinna
This might be an excellent chance to try the water parks. Am I remembering correctly that you enjoyed the one in Dubai? This special is just amazing, I'm going to get one as well.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #24
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
This might be an excellent chance to try the water parks. Am I remembering correctly that you enjoyed the one in Dubai? This special is just amazing, I'm going to get one as well.
Yes, I love Aquaventure at the Atlantis in Dubai and therein lies the problem. We have been to both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon a couple of times and they do not even come close to Aquaventure. I think if Typhoon Lagoon was open, I may be tempted as I have not been since they added Crush and Gusher. It always seems to be in Rehab when we go to Orlando lately and sure enough it is in Rehab again for the whole of November.

Corinna
Old 09-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Yes, I love Aquaventure at the Atlantis in Dubai and therein lies the problem. We have been to both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon a couple of times and they do not even come close to Aquaventure. I think if Typhoon Lagoon was open, I may be tempted as I have not been since they added Crush and Gusher. It always seems to be in Rehab when we go to Orlando lately and sure enough it is in Rehab again for the whole of November.

Corinna
Ahhh, I didn't know you had been to the waterparks before. I must have forgotten if that was in your TRs. What bad luck TL is closed again.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #26
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Checking in and looking forward to this adventure !!
Jan

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
JLSE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #27
dolphingirl47

ADRs for Walt Disney World

We will be doing the normal dining plan for most of the stay apart from the last night where we will have the Deluxe Dining Plan. The last night was added as an afterthought fairly late on and I could not get a studio so we are moving to a One Bedroom Villa. As this is classified as a completely different reservation, I can add a different kind of dining plan. Here are the ADRs that I have made:

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Cape May Clam Bake
Portobello
Olivia's Cafe (Thanksgiving)
Sanaa
Le Cellier (Lunch, Candlelight Processional Package, paying out of pocket)
The Wave (followed by watching fireworks from the Top of the World Lounge)
Kona Cafe (Lunch)
Narcoossee's

I also still need to call Big River Grille and Brewing Works for priority seating.

Corinna
Old 09-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #28
dolphingirl47

Galveston

I have to say Texas was never a place that was particularly high on my to do list and the only reason it was on there at all is that at some stage I would love to see the third SeaWorld park. Houston was never even on my radar. Then the 2012 itineraries where announced and suddenly this changed. Whereas Houston was never on my bucket list, Costa Maya certainly was. The cruises out of Galveston do call at Costa Maya and better still, it is my favourite ship, the Disney Magic, that sails out of Galveston.

Whereas I never intended to make a whole holiday out of this, I always like to fly in a couple of days early when I go on a cruise and this gives us a whole day in Texas. We realised pretty quickly that there was nothing in Houston that we particularly wanted to see and do so we started to research Galveston.

Galveston is a coastal city located on Galveston Island, about 75 minutes drive away from George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston. Galveston has had a port since 1825 and is home to a number of Carnival ships year round. Galveston has also plenty of tourist attractions. The one that appealed to us the most is Schlitterbahn and indoor and outdoor waterpark. Unfortunately it is only open on Saturdays and Sundays in November.

However, we soon found something else that captured our interested. Moody Gardens is a tourist complex, with a zoo, gardens, a beach, waterslides, a paddlewheeler, cinemas and a hotel. Some of the attractions are seasonal, but most of them are open year round. Moody Gardens features three pyramid attractions: the Aquarium Pyramid, which is one of the largest in the world and holds many species of fish and other sealife; the Rainforest Pyramid, which contains tropical animals and plants, birds, butterflies, reptiles and a variety of other rainforest animals including free-roaming monkeys and two-toed sloths; and the Discovery Pyramid, which focuses on science-oriented exhibits and activities. I think we will have a lot of fun in all three of them. The Colonel Paddlewheel Boat also appeals to us. We need to be a little bit careful though as this only operates once a day during the winter months.

Something else that appeals to me is the Galveston Island Ferry. The ferry links Galveston with Port Bolivar. It is free to ride and takes about 18 minutes in each direction. The reason why I would like to ride it is that the local dolphin population likes to play in the waves that the ferry creates and there is a very unusual dolphin that is pink in the bay of Galveston. I suppose we will see how we get on.

One thing is sure. Dinner will be at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. I have wanted to try this restaurant for years, but it never has quite worked out. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company in Galveston is at the new pleasure pier.

I managed to get a great travel industry rate at the Holiday Inn on the Beach, which is right across the road from the beach. I have to check out the lay of the land when we get there, but I am hoping that I might be able to see the Magic come into port either from the hotel or from the beach. The hotel offers a complimentary port shuttle so getting to the port on the day will be easy.

Corinna
Old 09-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #29
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

We looked at this cruise but were not sure which airport you'd need to fly into and how much the transfers would cost?
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #30
dolphingirl47

Houston has two airports: George Bush Intercontinental and Hobby. Hobby is closer to Galveston, but George Bush Intercontinental is where the international flights arrive. DCL offers transfers from George Bush Intercontinental on the day of the cruise. We are going to go with ExecuCar, which is a sister company of Supershuttle. We used them in Los Angeles last year to get to our friends in Seal Beach and they were fantastic. The return trip for the two of us is $120.

Corinna

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: