Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Not a good day at DCA

Arrived today around noon. Headed over to DCA to try to ride RSR in the single rider line. Right after we got in line, an announcement was made that the ride was temporarily stopped. We waited a about 20 or 30 minutes and gave up.

We headed over to Luigi's Tires. We were just about to get on when a cm tour guide came up to the front of the line with some guests. We were behind them and he blocked everyone from entering on the right side so that his guests could get tires together. By the time we got around them, we had to walk all the way over to the other side to find the last available tire.

Then headed back tonight to try RSR again, same thing happened, shortly after getting in line, ride was stopped.

OK, so we decided to go to California Screamin. Got in the single rider line. We were on the steps to the platform and noticed the 2 cm's on the platform were quite overwelmed trying to load both sides. Then all of the sudden a train pulled out and suddenly stopped. An announcement was made to please reverse out of the lines......

We did manage to ride Little Mermaid without incident before leaving the park.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

We didn't get to DCA until about 8:30. Seemed very quiet in Carsland. RSR must have been down as we couldn't hear it. We went on Mater's twice w/ 15 min wait. Met Mater. My ds 22 months ran up and gave Mater a kiss.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
nikkislaght
DIS Veteran

Wow what a disappointment you must have had.. I hope rest of your trip is better..
nikkislaght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Disney Anna
DIS Veteran

Went yesterday and it was great. Walked onto Luigis Got in single riders line for RSR at about 8:20 and walked on. Also walked onto Goofy's fly school and Mermaid. I think Saturdays are a better bet if you can make it. Tomorrow should begetter. Good luck.
Disneyland: Entire life; too many visits to count; Premium AP holder since 95. All-Star Music: Sept/Oct. 1999 (Whole Family).Wilderness Lodge: May 2000 (with Sis and her pals).Wilderness Lodge: Sept. 2001 (w/Sis, niece and nephew).All-Star Music: Sept. 2003 (Sisters trip).Wilderness Lodge: May 2004 (40th B/D extravaganza).Port Orleans Riverside: May 2006 (Sisters trip).Saratoga Springs/PO R-side: Nov 2006 (Aunt, Uncle). Pop Century: March 2007 (Spring Training trip). Port Orleans Riverside: January 2008 (unexpected solo trip). Port Orleans Riverside: Sept 2008 (sis), May 2009 (DH) Jan 2010 (solo). Pop Century Dec 2011 (DIS Harry Potter)
[IMG]http://www.*******************/bawb.jpg[/IMG]"]
Disney Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

I don't think the Luigi thing is that big of an issue (at least you got to ride) but boy the rest of it certainly is disappointing. You didn't take the opportunity to try some of the other attractions before leaving? Why not?
Old 09-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Our first time trying RSR there was a ride stop when we were one turn away from the seating CM. After waiting there was no way we were leaving unless they made us leave! Thankfully the ride started after about half an hour. Whew.

DH and DS had the Screamin' line clear out when they were past the bridge. After waiting over an hour in a line that was supposed to be 40 minutes. They had to insist on it, but they did get passes to come back (for some bizarre reason they gave child swap passes, but hey, they worked). The CM did NOT want to give out the passes; he seemed to think the line had been much shorter than it actually was.

This was all in July, not current, but still.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Finally got to ride RSR this morning! About 20 minutes in single rider line. Have a fastpass to use tonight. Awesome ride!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Geemo
DIS Veteran

Glad you were finally able to ride the premium ride of Carsland.

It will be interesting to see when the line for RSR settles down.

We'll be there in January and are hoping to have smooth sailings on the rides through out both parks. Keeping in mind there will be refurbishments on the calendar.

Enjoy the FP for your evening ride on RSR.

Geemo
Old 09-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Thank you for posting your experiences. Our youngest is too little for child swap and I'm really considering just skipping Carsland except for soaking in the atmosphere one night. One wasted day like yours on a tight trip could really ruin it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: