Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
Gracomom
Earning My Ears

Questions about the transfers

I guess I don't really get how the transfers work. If we get to MCO at 0600 hours and have breakfast, and our designated port time is 12:00, will there be a designated bus we need to catch, or just whichever one is there when we are ready? At the airport, we go to a Disney desk somewhere and they will do our ship check in (like a hotel), right? And then when we get to the port, we just have to go through security and get right on the boat, assuming we arrive to the port at 12:00 or later? Also, if the only luggage we pack are our carry ons (I don't think we'll need the space of checked luggage), then we don't have to wait for those when we leave the ship, correct? And when we catch the transfer back to the airport after the cruise, we just catch any bus, right? Or do they assign you one? So confusing...or maybe I'm making a mountain of a molehill...
Gracomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracomom View Post
I guess I don't really get how the transfers work. If we get to MCO at 0600 hours and have breakfast, and our designated port time is 12:00, will there be a designated bus we need to catch, or just whichever one is there when we are ready? At the airport, we go to a Disney desk somewhere and they will do our ship check in (like a hotel), right? And then when we get to the port, we just have to go through security and get right on the boat, assuming we arrive to the port at 12:00 or later? Also, if the only luggage we pack are our carry ons (I don't think we'll need the space of checked luggage), then we don't have to wait for those when we leave the ship, correct? And when we catch the transfer back to the airport after the cruise, we just catch any bus, right? Or do they assign you one? So confusing...or maybe I'm making a mountain of a molehill...
If you are taking DCL transfers, you may checkin at the DCL desk at MCO anytime after it opens (about 8:30 am). If you are US citizens, you will also checkin for the cruise at this time. You will get your ticket to board the bus based on order of checkin at MCO. When you board the bus, you get your boarding number for boarding the ship. When you arrive at the port, you will enter the terminal at whatever time the bus gets there (your PAT is moot). And, since you are already checked in, you just wait for them to announce your boarding number.

At the end of your cruise, you board whatever bus is boarding at the time you get there.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

There is no assignment of bus, either before or after your cruise. On arrival, you go to the Disney Welcome center. You will be assigned to the next available bus and will arrive at the terminal about an hour later. (As noted, Welcome Center technically opens at 8:30, in reality about 8:15).

After the cruise, you exit the terminal and go to the CM at the podium who will look at your KTTW card and point you to a bus.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: