Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
bveilleu
Earning My Ears

Denny's on harbor blvd near Disneyland

Coming to Disneyland in October and unable to find waht I'm looking for... so I need your help

Would like to know if Denny's on Harbor blvd have this promotion: Kids eat FREE every Tuesday and Saturday between 4 - 10PM for every one adult entree ordered from the general menu.... It does says at participating locations only but unable to find out if this restaurant is doing it.
bveilleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

I've been there twice, food and service was awful both times.
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

I've been to this Denny's several times, and I consider it no worse than any other Denny's. It is ALWAYS busy though, so you may wait a bit. As far as the kids eat free, their web page says "KIDS EAT FREE between 4 pm and 10 pm. Restrictions may apply. Ask your server for details. Days of this offer may vary. " You may wish to call to check the days. ((714) 776-3300)

Also note, their prices are $1-2 more per plate than most Denny's.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
bveilleu
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the reply... Having 3 kids, i'm trying to save a bit on food!
bveilleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
reguilliams
Earning My Ears

also check out the IHOP promations, sometime they also have kids eat for free
reguilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #6
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Perhaps sign up for both Millie's and Mimi's email subscription. Every month they send out a new promo. They're between DL and HoJo's. There's also a McD's.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
I've been there twice, food and service was awful both times.
agreed. I'd also recommend checking out IHOP.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
seadd67
DIS Veteran

I love Disney, i sometimes think that Mickey, Donald and Goofy run through my veins, but if there is something that Disney s needs to do is stop with the over pricing of food at the parks!. I would most diffidently hit the restaurants on Harbor ave. Even if Denny's is a little higher then the norm, go for it,it takes a little longer, gives you more time to talk about what you have done, or going to do that day at the park. I love talking with my DS when eating it can really give you a great opportunity to talk with your kids. Also this Is where DL has a step up from WDW. At WDW you almost have to eat on property!, your just to far away to eat off property. At DL, just have to go out the gate and your with in minutes of walking to a other choices. If your driveing?, wow you do not have to drive for a half an hour to find a choice. This trip we are planning outside restaurants to eat at.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
markinmt
Mouseketeer

The bottled water there is a great deal, other than that...meh.

I'd say hit the Jazz Kitchen for breakfast. The prices are a touch higher than Denny's, but the food is way better and your inside the Disney bubble. The JK has counter service for breakfast from 8 to 11.
markinmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
lwilkison
Mouseketeer

our family for dining...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bveilleu View Post
Coming to Disneyland in October and unable to find waht I'm looking for... so I need your help

Would like to know if Denny's on Harbor blvd have this promotion: Kids eat FREE every Tuesday and Saturday between 4 - 10PM for every one adult entree ordered from the general menu.... It does says at participating locations only but unable to find out if this restaurant is doing it.
We have been to DLR 5 times and here is our 2 cents...We have eaten at "Millie's" and "IHop" and when we ate there, their food was yucky [dirty restaurant], greasy food for scrambled eggs , and service was terrible. For Denny's, we ate there almost every day the last visit because we got the email coupon (sign up for the denny's across from DLR a day before your trip because it is only good for one week after you get it) and printed off a boat load and the portions were huge and the service was great.

Mimi's is usually a hit but our last visit was terrible service and food was a "meh". We tried them 3 times

This trip we are taking the city bus to "Von's" grocery [it is a safeway] and picking up snack food[carrots, cheese strings, yogurt tubes, gold fish crackers], bottled water, milk etc as we will have a small bar fridge in our room.

Good luck in good eats! there are good eats...sometimes on a family budget it's hard to find...Oh, one more things...on one of these DLR boards we found about "White Water Snacks" in the "Grand Californian"...suppose to be good prices plus you get the "disney themed" food and on a family budget

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/white-water-snacks-anaheim

Have a great trip
lwilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
I love Disney, i sometimes think that Mickey, Donald and Goofy run through my veins, but if there is something that Disney s needs to do is stop with the over pricing of food at the parks!. I would most diffidently hit the restaurants on Harbor ave. Even if Denny's is a little higher then the norm, go for it,it takes a little longer, gives you more time to talk about what you have done,
AT Denny's, the Build your own Slam is about $7.50. I can eat IN Disneyland at the Carnation Cafe, getting food I like a little better, for $8.50 when I calculate my AP discount. I don't think the park prices are that far out of line, especially if you calculate in any discount you might get.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

We really like Mimi's MUCH better than Ihop or Dennys! It is actually cheaper and you get better and more food! They also bring a muffin and banana/zucchini bread basket to the table which the family loves! Kids meals are great prices as are adults meals! We feel the food is excellent and we love it here!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
julieheyer
Crazy for the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4mydisneyfix View Post
We really like Mimi's MUCH better than Ihop or Dennys! It is actually cheaper and you get better and more food! They also bring a muffin and banana/zucchini bread basket to the table which the family loves! Kids meals are great prices as are adults meals! We feel the food is excellent and we love it here!
^ This!! I love Mimi's!! They have bogo coupons on email all the time. Great food, their carrot rasin bread they bring to the table is to die for!! Love it!! We'll be eating there at least once on our upcoming trip. With reduced hours, we'll likely have a late dinner there on the nights the park closes at 8.

Dennys is not my fave, for some reason our kids love it there!! :

Past trips: Mar. 2013, Nov 2012, Oct. 2011, Mar. 2009, June 2006... Can't remember before that!
julieheyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
AT Denny's, the Build your own Slam is about $7.50. I can eat IN Disneyland at the Carnation Cafe, getting food I like a little better, for $8.50 when I calculate my AP discount. I don't think the park prices are that far out of line, especially if you calculate in any discount you might get.

Ya that's true but i don't have AP discount, and what discounts are available? i have not heard of any in park discounts on meals. That would be great.
I am Not saying Denny's and other places like it is not the greatest but for there selection and for both the kids and the parents its still hard to compete with what Disney can offer. Now Don't get me wrong I love eating in side the park, and would rather do that, i will use cafe Orleans as a example, they have my fav sandwich in the world, the Monty cristo 17.99??? throw in my soup 8.99. Now I will cough up the money for my obsession LOL. No wrong choice everyone does whats best just would like if Disney could ease up a little, but there there to make a buck to just wishful thinking!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
Ya that's true but i don't have AP discount, and what discounts are available? i have not heard of any in park discounts on meals.
DVC members, as well as Disney Visa Card holders get 10% off meals, as do DAP holders. PAP (both premium and premier) get 15% off. AP holders also get discounts at most restaurants in DTD and the Gardenwalk.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: