Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
Britta1
Earning My Ears

First time EVER to WDW! Late 20's

Hello,

My husband and I are planning to go to Orlando in Mid-April. Neither of us has ever been before so we want to see/do LOTS! We are 28 and 30 years old and it will be just the 2 of us.

We are planning for a 12 day trip with the first and last day being travel days- we're coming from Canada, so it looks like 9pm is the earliest we'd be getting in. So that gives us 10 days to sqeeze in as much as we can, without totally exhausting ourselves too.

We'd of course like to do all 4 Disney Parks and both Universal and IOA. We'd also like to go to at least 2 water parks too and Seaworld. We'd also like to go to the Kennedy Space Centre if there is time. Hubby LOVES waterslides and rollercoasters.

We plan to stay part of the time at a Disney resort (Pop Centuries), the other part at a Universal resort (Hard Rock).

Do you think we should plan for one day at each park? Which waterparks are best for us? Do you think we can fit everything we want in? Which would you skip? Or add?
Britta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your first trip! Sooooo happy for you.

You've asked a lot of good questions that can have some very long answers. I'd start by reading a lot of the message boards. You can pick up a lot from them! And if you're not already listening to the Dis Podcast, well, what are you waiting for? The podcast team is full of great tips; even after 30 years, I learn something new from them every week. I have always enjoyed WDW best when I'm not going at it commando style, NOT trying to fit everything in. Yes, you'll probably want to do all four parks, but I'd recommend a game plan that includes just "hitting the highlights." Mine would be Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, maybe Big Thunder Mt RR. Be sure to "stop and smell the roses" along the way. Disney is full of wonderful, surprising details. Try to do EPCOT in two days: one day for World Showcase and another for Future World. Illuminations is a must at night there. At the Studios, the "must see" for me would be Toy Story Mania! (Get your fast pass early). I enjoy Kilamanjaro Safaris, the walk through exhibits of tigers and gorillas, and you've just gotta try Expedition Everest. I hope you have a wonderful, MAGICAL time!

A house without a dog is just a shelter.
Wag more; bark less[
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
nowater
Earning My Ears

My number one suggestion is Park hopper is a must, im a schedule free kind of person, so i like to hop and hit 2-3 different areas a day.. Gives Time for some R & R, while you enjoy...
nowater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Since you are getting in a little late, I would skip any park the first night

Start the first day fresh and easy at Blizzard Beach (remember Sunscreen, don't want to burn on the first day)

Take a look on-line at some park and resort restaurants you might want to enjoy during your stay ( Advance book reservations to the more popular ones like Le Cellier )

Magic Kingdom day, get there for the rope drop

Epcot day, stay for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth

AK = Expedition Everest

DHS = Tower of Terror

Now onto Universal, you are staying at Hard Rock so you will have the Express Pass with your hotel room card, enjoy skipping the lines, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and The Hulk are not Express pass, I would try to get to Wizarding World of Harry Potter early

City Walk at night is a must do..

Enjoy the trip and the planning
Old 10-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Britta1
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Both DH and I are really looking forward to our trip! Planning and reading this forum is making me even more excited!

Britta1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: