Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

As a previous poster mentioned, the buses are dispatched from a central location. It isn't as if each resort has its own set of buses, so it isn't really fair to tag a particular resort as having consistently poor bus service. Yes, it can, of course, make a difference if a resort shares a route with other resorts or has multiple stops within the resort, but that only relates to the length of the ride to your destination and not to how often a bus to a particular park will show up. I've stayed at six different resorts and never had consistently poor bus service at any of them. It's probably about as good as mass transit bus service could be expected to be. We've stayed at CBR several times and always had excellent and efficient bus service, with minimal waits. I'm not saying that people don't ever have bad experiences with the bus sytem - they obviously have, and it's frustrating. But I just don't think it should be generalized to blame bad bus service on the specific resort, since the resort itself has no control over how often the buses come.
jaysmom4285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
lady_hlh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmom4285 View Post
As a previous poster mentioned, the buses are dispatched from a central location. It isn't as if each resort has its own set of buses, so it isn't really fair to tag a particular resort as having consistently poor bus service. Yes, it can, of course, make a difference if a resort shares a route with other resorts or has multiple stops within the resort, but that only relates to the length of the ride to your destination and not to how often a bus to a particular park will show up. I've stayed at six different resorts and never had consistently poor bus service at any of them. It's probably about as good as mass transit bus service could be expected to be. We've stayed at CBR several times and always had excellent and efficient bus service, with minimal waits. I'm not saying that people don't ever have bad experiences with the bus sytem - they obviously have, and it's frustrating. But I just don't think it should be generalized to blame bad bus service on the specific resort, since the resort itself has no control over how often the buses come.
Well then who is ever doing the dispatching does a terrible job for POR. I loved the resort but the bus service was the worst of any value, mod, deluxe or DVC that we've stayed at so far. In the AM the buses would come over already full from POFQ and at night the buses for POFQ were almost empty but there were huge lines for POR so we always took the POFQ bus back at night and walked over.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #18
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
The question is like asking about the weather. It is very subjective. Waiting 15 minutes or so for a bus when I do not have to drive on a vacation to me is fine, while others will complain about the entire system if a bus does not come in a minute or two.
I agree with this completely. To me 15 mins isn't bad to wait for a bus really. Of course I'd love a less than 5 minute wait but waiting a few extra minutes doesn't make the bus system terrible at all in my book.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #19
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

I think asking about bus service is irrelevant. I may have an excellent bus service at POR... but on your stay at POR your experience may not be the same as ours. Our bus may come every 15 minutes or so, but during your stay, you may have to wait 30 to 45 minutes for whatever reason the delay is. I can wait for 30 minutes but to some, it could mean like an eternity!
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
2010Disneymom
2010Disneymom

I do not mind the waiting so much. Typically that is when we put on our sunscreen. However, I do not like always having to stand on crowded buses and I was concerned about that on my last trip when we were traveling with my parents. I think the resort can make a difference. I would think bigger resort would mean more crowded buses. I also like the idea of only having one stop.
2010Disneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #21
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

The only issue I've found is internal bus stops. Yech
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #22
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

As I stated prior...Yes you will have good and bad experiences at all.

CSR just appeared better because Never did I stand....Not that I mind, because I'm always giving up my seat for anyone who needs it( Im used to this by Now.)

CSR being that its a Convention resort definitely plays a huge role in how busy the buses are.....Conv. adults usually aren't going to the parks early, so you get free picks of the seats,,NO Matter which stop....I can go on n on about the rest of the resort and how good it is but that's an answer for another thread..

Enjoy whichever you choose.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9