Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
slyster
Mouseketeer

shipping from parks back to resorts and back home

Hi...I'm trying to remember something. I believe if we are at the parks all day and purchase some items from the shops, they can send it back to your resort right? How long does it take before it's delivered? Also, is it delivered to the front desk or?

Another semi-related question. I read you can send your gifts home if you want. Can someone expand on that? They said that you can get a box from the gift shop, but what about tape, labels, etc? Where would you go to send it home if you needed to. Thanks

Thanks in advance...we leave tomorrow!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
missdisney1017
Earning My Ears

We've never had anything shipped home, but we have had stuff sent to the resort a number of times. It gets sent to your resorts gift shop and you can pick it up the following day. I forget the exact time, but we normally stop in the gift shop before going back to our room for a mid-afternoon break or when we come back in the evening.
missdisney1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
SillyFamily
Mouseketeer

I dont know about the shipping home, but i do know about the shipping to the resort. Just about anywhere on disney property you can buy something and ship it to your resort. They wont send it to your room but to the resorts shop. It usually takes 1 to 2 days. You just need an id to pick it up.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Shipping back to your resort will have pickup the following day unless you stay club level. We've had it in our room if we stay CL.

I have purchased items to ship home. I take care of it when purchased. I fill out the form and pay for the shipping at time of purchase.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

We shipped 2 boxes back home last month. We had gotten a box from the gift shop and had another box from items we shipped down. I would suggest getting a box a few days before you are going to ship. Boxes run out by the weekend when everyone is usually checking out. We took our stuff to the concierge desk and they had tape. You fill out a UPS label and write you credit card info in, UPS picks it up and processes the fee and you get your package in a few day to a week. It cost $20 to ship a good size box. If you are shipping all Disney merchandise purchased on property, the gift shop will package it and ship it for you. It has to be all Disney items, no personal items ( not even refillable mugs). They inventory each item and use a dollar amount to ship.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:50 AM   #6
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

You can have items sent back to the resort as long as you are not checking out the next day. The only things that they will not send back to the resort are food (i.e. Mickey pasta, tea and candy from England, etc) and drink (i.e. wine) purchases. They will send those to the front gate for pick up on your way out - but it has to be a couple of hours before you leave the park.
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
slyster
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies everyone! Definitely helps. We are here and on our way to Hollywood studios
Old 09-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you purchase something and want it sent home, they will do that right at the location you purchase it. I bought several sets of Graduation Ears once while I was in Orlando for business and didn't drive there. I had them shipped to our home directly from World of Disney and it was very easy.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: